Maybe, Maybe Not
619 6 2021-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

Just sharing an observation between the Air 2 and the newer 2S. I wont disagree that the 2S may fit some folks very well with the enhancements. However I like flying the Air 2 much better. The Air 2 has a softer, more proportional, feel of the sticks. I changed the exponential setings on the 2S but couldn't find a sweet spot that I liked.
So, I guess what I'm saying is unless the new features on the 2S isn't a major, the Air 2 is just fine in my book. I see no value in the additional cost/features.
The obstacle avoidance of the 2S really should have included side sensors for parrellel moves in accutrac. Myself, I just avoid obsticles all together.

Happy new year to all!
2021-12-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

You experience is similar to mine, although I have yo-yo'd / flip flopped a few times.  I started with the Air2S and then ended up getting a Mavic 2 Zoom.  The Zoom was so much more fun and the GO app really rocks compared to Fly as well.  I can see now how people get their favorites and compare other drones to what they prefer flying.

I finally arrived back at Air-2S as being my favorite, but totally understand your sentiments.
2021-12-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

And happy new year Mission XR!
2021-12-31
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The A2s has far better tracking capability, but not important if you don't use it.
2021-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems we each have our own favorite drone.  I fly as a hobbyist so I didn't see the need to upgrade to the Air 2S from the Air 2.

Happy New Year!
2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mission XR. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information and your valued insights with regards to this matter. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can compare the specifications of both the DJI Mavic Air 2 to the DJI Air 2S. Thank you and have a nice day.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav

2022-1-1
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

They are both great drones. It comes down to needs verses wants. I am completely recreational so all the bells and whistles regarding camera performance on the 2S really isn't an impact of what I need. However, the tracking seems to be better and the avoidance sensor performance seems to be more reactive than that of the Air 2.

I took the time to calibrate the sensors on both because I read where it is a good practice to insure top performance. Is there any type of static test, rather flying to do so, that can verify the real distance the sensors range out to? Just curious..... The latest version of FW displays the sensing distance, 1.2 ft. for example, for the top sensors but neither of the others. It would be a handy tool if DJI had a "Test Sensor(s)" mode where you could do such a test on the bench to determine if any of the sensors need calibrated. I'm an old industrial PLC/HMI code writer so having SW complete calibrations or aid in verification is standard practice for me. Testing in flight is like testing the brakes on your car while driving it!
2022-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules