Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3 Problems/Issues
15092 204 2021-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-11 12:03
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AssAx0HbNZE

Someone sure liked a Spark.

I wonder if that would have been covered by DJI.  Nah...  at that time they wanted the drone remains recovered.  Good luck with that!
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-11
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-11 12:19
Just kill the alligator and mail the whole thing to DJI. Tell them the flight logs are in the stomach.

I think that is the first time I have ever read a post on this forum and cried (from laughter).
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
WKKL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 681283 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Just got my DM3 on Xmas day and have flow it just 2 times as it been raining mostly...
So Far so Good.. I didnt fly far - as the Laws here in Singapore needs to fly with drone in Sight.
However with so many scary articles I am getting more and more  Afraid to fly my M3.
Singapore is Tiny with many flights going over water bodies I think I will go back to my Mini 2 for now
until better FW updates are made for the M3.
2022-1-11
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

NGC Posted at 1-11 09:34
Everyone is just imagining the flight characteristic problems? Jerkiness, hesitation, disconnects with the RC Pro (mine doesn’t do that thank goodness), wobbling during Mastershots, imaginary obstacles, etc?
A DJI engineer in RCGroups a while ago said that it was using new flight logic as opposed to other craft and it was “buggy”. But I guess you know more?

Don not bother...remember who you are talking to...just ignore him )))
2022-1-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 08:49
What your describing is not common, I’m looking at some amazing footage that says you might have a problem with your drone. I’m am not having any problems with control or controlling the drone. Except if flying close to obstacles with by pass on. I think if you watch Ian of London video he clearly explains this.

Yes optimization will be improved over time but this was exactly the same with every dji drone I owned.

@hallmark007 Good points.  I will check out the Ian London video, I probably missed his commentary about M3 control.  Let me try for one example, I was shooting around the eves of a house, and even though I had exceptionally light touch on the sticks, I went from nice slow movement (in Cine too) to all the sudden it jerked and I thought it was going to crash through some hedges about 15 feet away - I mean it really spun away on me.  I hit the hold/pause button and just barely prevented a bump on the head.  : ). Those kinds of "surprise" incidents are keeping me reserved about fully loving the M3 in it's current state.
2022-1-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-11 12:03
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AssAx0HbNZE

Someone sure liked a Spark.

@NGC I absolutely HATE that video.  The idiot vlogger that posted that should suffer the same fate.  : )
2022-1-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-11 11:10
I stand corrected. DJI totally botched that one by a mile. This is up there, but you are correct. Nowhere near as bad as that flaming poop dumpster fire.

But it is a complete fact that the M3 was 100% released before it was ready. That’s not a conspiracy theory. DJI basically admits that.

Listenting to the DJI communications director on the Pixl drone podcast was infurating.  He literally could not answer a single question and defected everything.  I was excited to hear her was being interviewed and then I swear by the end of the podcast I had high(er) blood pressure.  

2022-1-12
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

2022-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-12 12:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0UFAsI0BRc

Posting spurious videos again. Maybe you should post one of your own professional videos.
2022-1-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-12 12:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0UFAsI0BRc

What is that video about, no English subtitles there
2022-1-12
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TonyPHX Posted at 1-12 12:29
@hallmark007 Good points.  I will check out the Ian London video, I probably missed his commentary about M3 control.  Let me try for one example, I was shooting around the eves of a house, and even though I had exceptionally light touch on the sticks, I went from nice slow movement (in Cine too) to all the sudden it jerked and I thought it was going to crash through some hedges about 15 feet away - I mean it really spun away on me.  I hit the hold/pause button and just barely prevented a bump on the head.  : ). Those kinds of "surprise" incidents are keeping me reserved about fully loving the M3 in it's current state.

Its hard to know what caused that, usually logs help explain they also will show stick movements or no stick movements. Ive seen with new released drones in the past where drifting occurs , usually sorted out through optimizations which usually come with FW releases. Check out Ian of London he also made a video for expo settings.
2022-1-12
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-12 13:28
Its hard to know what caused that, usually logs help explain they also will show stick movements or no stick movements. Ive seen with new released drones in the past where drifting occurs , usually sorted out through optimizations which usually come with FW releases. Check out Ian of London he also made a video for expo settings.

Will do.  I have really spent a lot of time on settings and the like and just come up short.  Every so often this bird acts like a goofball.  : )
2022-1-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-12 14:07
I saw that guy. He’s actually a low level person- he’s not the “director”. He’s a “manager”. And it’s clear he has no info on anything and no authority.

Yeah, I didn't even watch the video, I was in listen only mode, and it just angered me.  lol (I know, silly to get upset about somebody that cannot share)....
2022-1-12
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Suren Posted at 1-12 13:02

They show how the lens is to small and the sensor is cropping in order not to see this...A hardware fault from design...Practically DJI put a 4.3 sensor but is cropping it in order to mask the faulty design and their error...That is what i have understood with auto translate from YT.
2022-1-13
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You need to add another option. "Grounded. I do not trust my M3 at this time."
2022-1-13
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-12 13:28

As pointed out in another thread the GPS in the M3 has dropped GLONASS.

So it takes longer to get a fix and the HDOP of the fix is not very accurate.
2022-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 1-13 03:47

Well the problem with that is everyone or most everyone have said that it was a FW update that caused this. And I’m not having this problem. I have extensively tested gps lock time and 30/45 seconds every time in many different locations. I regularly fly with less than 21sats . So I’m not convinced this is the problem.
2022-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 1-12 13:02

It’s just BS from the forum Bull-...ter
2022-1-13
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 04:02
Well the problem with that is everyone or most everyone have said that it was a FW update that caused this. And I’m not having this problem. I have extensively tested gps lock time and 30/45 seconds every time in many different locations. I regularly fly with less than 21sats . So I’m not convinced this is the problem.

I have the issue on cold starts that it takes a long time and low sat numbers. Was there before the update. I suspect that people were more critical after the update and looked for issues.

Mine is the Cine. Dont know if the is a Cine issue only.
2022-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 1-13 15:55
I have the issue on cold starts that it takes a long time and low sat numbers. Was there before the update. I suspect that people were more critical after the update and looked for issues.

Mine is the Cine. Dont know if the is a Cine issue only.

Mine is also the same before and after update, but its just like all my drones. I do see a lot here saying its slow for them so lets see if something can be done .
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-13 01:04
They show how the lens is to small and the sensor is cropping in order not to see this...A hardware fault from design...Practically DJI put a 4.3 sensor but is cropping it in order to mask the faulty design and their error...That is what i have understood with auto translate from YT.

Ah, thanks for the clarification
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

bjr981s Posted at 1-13 03:32
You need to add another option. "Grounded. I do not trust my M3 at this time."

Done as requested
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

bjr981s Posted at 1-13 15:55
I have the issue on cold starts that it takes a long time and low sat numbers. Was there before the update. I suspect that people were more critical after the update and looked for issues.

Mine is the Cine. Dont know if the is a Cine issue only.

Mine also had the issue with taking long to get sats after the firmware update, before that it was super fast which had impressed me a lot.
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 04:06
It’s just BS from the forum Bull-...ter

2022-1-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

What IOS 15 version are you using?  

I recall seeing in some of the Apple's IOS 15.1 or 15.2 beta release notes a number of changes being made related to a frequent crash caused by some kind of kernel panic with IOS 15 when an app was using a significant amount of sustained memory and not releasing.
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-13 21:45
What IOS 15 version are you using?  

I recall seeing in some of the Apple's IOS 15.1 or 15.2 beta release notes a number of changes being made related to a frequent crash caused by some kind of kernel panic with IOS 15 when an app was using a significant amount of sustained memory and not releasing.

Im on IOS 15.1 now and I see that 15.2 is out to update.
2022-1-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I just looked at the IOS beta 15.1 - 15.2 notes and does not mention any operational fixes.  15.2 appears to fix an App Store subscription bug and that is it.  

I would try updating anyways.  Apple can be mum on problems that have been patched that are not developer related issues.
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-13 22:54
I just looked at the IOS beta 15.1 - 15.2 notes and does not mention any operational fixes.  15.2 appears to fix an App Store subscription bug and that is it.  

I would try updating anyways.  Apple can be mum on problems that have been patched that are not developer related issues.

Thanks, I will be updating tonight.
2022-1-13
Use props
Montana Hank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else noticed altitude gain when flying without increasing the power?  Mine gains altitude when it is supposed to be in level flight.  
2022-1-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Montana Hank Posted at 1-19 21:41
Has anyone else noticed altitude gain when flying without increasing the power?  Mine gains altitude when it is supposed to be in level flight.

That is because of the OA system set on bypass, set it to brake and you will find it will fly level.
2022-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 1-13 03:47

I have been in contact with a friend of mine, he was having problems with slow GPS lock, he completely Refreshed using DJI assistant and he no longer was getting these long waiting times, so it might be worth trying for those having slow starts.
2022-1-20
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-20 05:16
Again, that's silly advice. Frankly stupid. Like telling someone to make sure their "cables are tight".

Don’t answer anymore of my posts. You haven’t a scintilla of credibility around here. You lie so impossible to trust a single word you say good bye go insult somewhere else
2022-1-20
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-20
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-20 04:47
I have been in contact with a friend of mine, he was having problems with slow GPS lock, he completely Refreshed using DJI assistant and he no longer was getting these long waiting times, so it might be worth trying for those having slow starts.

Thanks I might give that a go. Maybe there is a way that the GPS static data gets corrupted. With 2 new GPS systems and a new GPS module I guess that is a real possibility. Hopefully will get corrected in the Jan update.
2022-1-23
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now