Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NGC Posted at 1-23 16:19
GPS data isn’t getting “corrupted”. Hallmark speaks nonsense. Re-installing firmware with a bug in it will simply re-install the bug. You have to wait for the bug to be fixed by DJI.  Once, Hallmark spent hours trying to “fix” his Mavic 3 because he couldn’t find an option to shoot RAW photos. He reinstalled firmware over and over again and claimed he found a “bug”. Turns out, he was only using the top tiny camera on the M3. That shows you the genius you are talking to. His advice is meaningless although he tries to act like he knows what he’s talking about.

Actually that's not true. Regardless of what you think about Hallmark the installation of Firmware also installs static data. This data gets configured often on first run. Examples are:

FCC vs CE.
Latitude and Longitude data. Required before a compass calibration to do a True North calculation from Magnetic North.

As an ex software developer I can assure you that lots of data tables are set to default as part of a Software / Firmware Install.

Issues can often arise on the sequence of actions performed by the operator that can corrupt this static data. e.g. Compass calibration before a GPS lock.

A software bug can effect this nd then if the operator performs functions in a different order the bug can be overcome.

Issues that effect GPS lock HDOP are Cold Start vs Warm start. The GPS chip has a Small Battery / Capacitor that keeps a record of the satellites that it had in its previous lock on a fresh startup.

Normally with a battery change the GPS still has this data available (Warm start) but it is only as good as the previous lock. So previous lock poor = slow lock on restart.

Also how the FW initialises the IMU can have impacts on lock time. e.g. a hard reset of the GPS data at initialisation rather than a soft restart.

And of course your location on the planet has a significant impact on lock time. You need a number of satellites that are in "correct triangulate" positions to achieve a good HDOP. You can have 20 satellites in close proximity in the sky but fail to get an acceptable HDOP as triangulation is next to impossible. This is a significant issue for those in high and low latitudes.   

Anyhow. I hope that this is informative, happy flying.

Cheers

2022-1-23
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hahahaha for that money you get a ... drone, my god! no way i will buy it. i have all of there drone, this is realy the top off using big money paying costumers as a test pig!
2022-1-25
Use props
EstBlizzard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5332014 ft
Estonia

My Mavic 3 had green photos (like tint problem) but the biggest problem was both sides of the image were out of focus and noisy so about 2/4th of the footage was unusable. So now my M3 is in Dji Netherlands service center for a month now. I'm a bit frustrated coz I use drones for work and was hoping to go to the next level with M3 but so far I just gave my money to DJI for being another beta tester.
2022-2-9
Use props
djiuser_0RnsTn4Z0eTj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2435666 ft
Canada

I was on advanced RTH with Mavic 3 and I had an issue when at a certain distance I had enough battery for the RTH BUT for some strange reasons There was no way I could get the altitude lower. The speed was very slow, I've tried to cancel the RTH but no result even if the image quality and the signal was very good , one bar missing for maximum signal! And I had a very strange message telling me READY FOR TAKE OFF as if I was on the ground.... I was then at more than 1000 feet.... As the distance was far from me I had no other thing to do but to land as the battery was almost dead with that slow speed about 3 to 5 MPH; I regained some controls to land in safe area in a city park about 2 miles away.  Please can someone tell me what could be the problem?
2022-2-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_0RnsTn4Z0eTj Posted at 2-9 16:38
I was on advanced RTH with Mavic 3 and I had an issue when at a certain distance I had enough battery for the RTH BUT for some strange reasons There was no way I could get the altitude lower. The speed was very slow, I've tried to cancel the RTH but no result even if the image quality and the signal was very good , one bar missing for maximum signal! And I had a very strange message telling me READY FOR TAKE OFF as if I was on the ground.... I was then at more than 1000 feet.... As the distance was far from me I had no other thing to do but to land as the battery was almost dead with that slow speed about 3 to 5 MPH; I regained some controls to land in safe area in a city park about 2 miles away.  Please can someone tell me what could be the problem?

That does sound like a strange issue. Maybe post your logs here for someone to look at. Follow the details in the link below.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2022-2-9
Use props
Bortox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3153 ft
  • >>>
France

I have very unstable flight. All is up to date with latest version and while flighting drone is going up and down, accelerate, etc... I still have my M2P prefer by far flight it rather than my M3. I really don't feel confident when it.
2022-2-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bortox Posted at 2-12 08:27
I have very unstable flight. All is up to date with latest version and while flighting drone is going up and down, accelerate, etc... I still have my M2P prefer by far flight it rather than my M3. I really don't feel confident when it.

Have you tried to do a cold IMU calibration? This should resolve any drifting issues but ensure you do it on a fully flat, level surface
2022-2-12
Use props
djiuser_VU9CoJgfOVyE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 673064 ft
Slovakia

I have had it for 4 months and i can only agree with the commentary. I was hoping that the issues would be fixed with firmware updates but i am starting to think they are more due to flawed engineering. The drone has a super camera hut thats it. It flies like garbage: way too sensitive on any input, gaining altitude by itself, totally unstable when you lower the altitude (even with no wind, it is NOT able to hold a stable descent, making videos unusable), and just a pain to fly smoothly. My Mini 2 is 10 times better. Obstacle avoidance is way too careful and rhe drone over reacts with no reason, again spoiling footage. Whar a disappointment, especially given the price.

The app, btw, is buggy as hell and truly amateurish / with bad UX, for a drone of this caliber.

I pray some issues will be fixed, but i am losing hope
2022-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_VU9CoJgfOVyE Posted at 2-13 08:05
I have had it for 4 months and i can only agree with the commentary. I was hoping that the issues would be fixed with firmware updates but i am starting to think they are more due to flawed engineering. The drone has a super camera hut thats it. It flies like garbage: way too sensitive on any input, gaining altitude by itself, totally unstable when you lower the altitude (even with no wind, it is NOT able to hold a stable descent, making videos unusable), and just a pain to fly smoothly. My Mini 2 is 10 times better. Obstacle avoidance is way too careful and rhe drone over reacts with no reason, again spoiling footage. Whar a disappointment, especially given the price.

The app, btw, is buggy as hell and truly amateurish / with bad UX, for a drone of this caliber.

Not sure about the app , mine is fine and has improved greatly since November and I’d still say its better than any other app dji has. Maybe a couple of things missing. If your app is buggy it could be your device or just delete and reinstall

Flying what is your set up are you flying with APAS/ByPass or Brake mode ? For smoother flying and to stop drone rising Brake mode or fly with OA turned off .

Take a look at this video , this guy has no problems with his flying and I find the drone very smooth.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 886&pid=2673889
2022-2-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-13 08:55
Not sure about the app , mine is fine and has improved greatly since November and I’d still say its better than any other app dji has. Maybe a couple of things missing. If your app is buggy it could be your device or just delete and reinstall

Flying what is your set up are you flying with APAS/ByPass or Brake mode ? For smoother flying and to stop drone rising Brake mode or fly with OA turned off .

Not sure about the app , mine is fine and has improved greatly since November and I’d still say its better than any other app dji has. Maybe a couple of things missing.
Better than any other DJI app ??
How can you say that when it's a crummy, sawn-off, entry level app that doesn't give users the information, control and options they've had in previous DJI apps?
2022-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 2-13 21:48
Not sure about the app , mine is fine and has improved greatly since November and I’d still say its better than any other app dji has. Maybe a couple of things missing.
How can you say that when it's a crummy, sawn-off, entry level app that doesn't give users the information, control and options they've had in previous DJI apps?

What options I know of 2 that were useful and have you used it.
2022-2-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-14 00:42
What options I know of 2 that were useful and have you used it.

Yes .. I have tried it and no, I'm not going to list a bunch of things that have been pointed out many times by lots of users.
2022-2-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 2-14 01:52
Yes .. I have tried it and no, I'm not going to list a bunch of things that have been pointed out many times by lots of users.

You’re not listing because they are not there. But you’re completely wrong about the app. You forget that since 2016 the go4 app has come up for continuous abuse and before fly app it had a miserable rating. So I wouldn’t be throwing that antiquated app into the mix.
2022-2-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-14 02:35
You’re not listing because they are not there. But you’re completely wrong about the app. You forget that since 2016 the go4 app has come up for continuous abuse and before fly app it had a miserable rating. So I wouldn’t be throwing that antiquated app into the mix.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
It bears no similarity to my experience at all.
And I've read from many others who don't agree with you.
2022-2-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 2-14 02:44
I have no idea what you are talking about.
It bears no similarity to my experience at all.
And I've read from many others who don't agree with you.

I think before last update it was missing a couple of things but these were greatly improved. And where you have to trawl through many pages on go4 to access what you need, almost everything on fly is accessible on front page. It is a much easier app to navigate and I think with sometime using it most would agree. Some won’t because familiarity won’t let them.
2022-2-14
Use props
martin s
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79117 ft
Austria

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2022-2-14
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1, 2 and 7 on the list for me, and I prefer the Go4 app and the M2P/M2Z Rc.
Enjoy the camera and extra flight time of the M3.
But would not recommend the M3 at the moment with the mentioned issues.
Dji are dragging their heels on this one but hopefully will get there in the end
like they usually do.
2022-2-14
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OsamaBinAwesome Posted at 2-14 08:12
They sure botched the M3 so far in rushing things and doing insufficient QA. Maybe they figured with a few unpaid shills on the boards, they could get away with it?

Yes definitely rushed it out and the updates, to cock up the GPS like they have for the majority, but hopefully it'll get there. It had better or Dji will loose a lot of business.  
2022-2-14
Use props
Bruka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19862 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Sorry to say this but looking back at the history of DJI app functionality and random issues that take forever to be addressed... it's hello Autel for me.
2022-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bruka Posted at 2-18 08:15
Sorry to say this but looking back at the history of DJI app functionality and random issues that take forever to be addressed... it's hello Autel for me.

Did you join the forum just to say that. I’m impressed…
2022-2-18
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-18 08:28
Did you join the forum just to say that. I’m impressed…

... really true! Nice...     
2022-3-7
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

frankymusik Posted at 3-7 05:52
... really true! Nice...

Clouds affect GPS. You’re hilarious.
2022-3-9
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Bruka Posted at 2-18 08:15

Hey Bruka

Truth is both Autel and DJI have issues. I'm currently a kind of guest member of this forum as I'm tossing up whether to go DJI or Autel (Already have an Original Mini)  It hasn't been easy both new leading drones from each company has their issues and both companies are taking a while to sort. Best advice is to gather as many facts as you can and just compare then make your call.

Good luck!
2022-3-9
Use props
djiuser_VU9CoJgfOVyE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 673064 ft
Slovakia

Labroides Posted at 2-13 21:48

Yep...fully agree...I am sort of a UX designer and i can't believe how badly designed this app is.
2022-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_VU9CoJgfOVyE Posted at 3-13 04:20
Yep...fully agree...I am sort of a UX designer and i can't believe how badly designed this app is.

What’s so bad about it ?
2022-3-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-13 04:28
What’s so bad about it ?

It's been pointed out to you already.
There's no need to list them again.
2022-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-13 04:31
It's been pointed out to you already.
There's no need to list them again.

No it hasn’t, in fact you said you weren’t going to point it out. I’m sure the poster might have his own ideas that might help.
2022-3-13
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-13 04:39
No it hasn’t, in fact you said you weren’t going to point it out. I’m sure the poster might have his own ideas that might help.

Here we go again..............
2022-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-17 17:14
Here we go again..............

Where are your going.
2022-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AerialZup2 Posted at 3-17 18:28
I think that there is a difference between asking a question out of genuine curiosity or wanting to hear and consider a difference of opinion versus asking a question with the intention of immediately attempting to discredit the answer for other purposes. I'm not saying that's what you were going to do. I'm simply saying that it may have been a concern because it could easily result in the thread blowing up.

I think the fact you were banned yesterday and you come back today with another account with a mark 2 name, shows total disregard for anyone on this forum. So please don’t lecture.
2022-3-17
Use props
awhiteimx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3241 ft
United States

AerialZup2 Posted at 3-17 19:16
There was no lecture. I simply stated the concern. I humbly request that you re-read what I wrote. In fact, I said that you may not be doing that but it was the concern that he was referring to.

I am sorry if you are still trying to get me banned. I apologized and said I wasn’t derailing anything. I even sent you a nice private message. I also haven’t derailed anything. I was simply and  respectfully answering a question. No need to become angry and defensive. I’m being friendly and I’m not showing anyone, including you, any disregard or disrespect. Others can speak for themselves. I apologize if you take any offense to that- none intended.

Even in my thread he acted this way.

Hallmark007 the MAVIC 3 has problems. A lot of them.
2022-3-21
Use props
fans9245ae10
New
Flight distance : 483747 ft
United States

Please report all issues to the FAA. My Mavic 3 Cine dropped out of the sky yesterday to a loss of connection to the RC. This is very dangerous and could seriously injure someone.
2022-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans9245ae10 Posted at 3-21 13:02
Please report all issues to the FAA. My Mavic 3 Cine dropped out of the sky yesterday to a loss of connection to the RC. This is very dangerous and could seriously injure someone.

I would suggest you open a separate thread and post flight log. Someone here will digest it and give you a more definitive answer as to what happened. Link below click and follow instructions and come back here post the link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2022-3-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

others with more technical expertise will assist you with your issues.  my contribution to you (and others reading this thread) is to encourage no one to report drone issues to the faa.  not only is it inappropriate but also exaggerating much to make such a wild claim.  there is nothing dangerous about this drone or most any other current drone on the market.  there have been no deaths or serious injuries and mostly likely not even any minor injuries from falling drones; the safety is impeccable.  however, if you would like someone to call the faa and report that YOU have a dangerous drone that YOU are flying, more than happy....please provide your details and we can help you with that.
2022-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Even without seeing the data from your incident, it's clear that the loss of signal did not cause the drone to fall from the sky.
That just doesn't happen.
Your drone suffered a loss of power and fell from the sky.
When the drone has lost power, there's no signal and you get a loss of signal message on the screen.
2022-3-21
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not certain of the value of reporting this incident to the FAA.  There are regulations that cover the reporting requirements.  Was anybody injured?  Was there fair market value property damage equal to or in excess of $500 (not including the drone itself)?

Not speculated or hypothetical.  Actual.

The only other reason to report to the FAA would be to "tell on" DJI, and I wouldn't recommend anybody take that step until they can confirm there was no pilot error which contributed to the incident.  Otherwise you might be inadvertently telling on yourself.

There are incredibly smart people here that are willing and able to review your logs and report their findings.

It is possible that this is in fact a product defect (it has happened before).  But I don't think we have ever encountered a drone dropping because of RC disconnect.  I have experienced more than a few, and the drone either reconnected or initiated a RTH, and subsequently reconnected.  The disconnect sounds like a symptom rather than a cause.
2022-3-21
Use props
fans2c883238
lvl.1
Flight distance : 463635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received the Mavic 3 today. Unfortunately it’s first flight was very disappointing. The gimbal tilt is unbearable. I have read about the issue but was hoping DJI had it fixed. I’ve calibrated the gimbal twice, but to no avail. I really want to live this thing, but all I see is the horizon tilt.
2022-4-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

fans2c883238 Posted at 4-22 14:57
I just received the Mavic 3 today. Unfortunately it’s first flight was very disappointing. The gimbal tilt is unbearable. I have read about the issue but was hoping DJI had it fixed. I’ve calibrated the gimbal twice, but to no avail. I really want to live this thing, but all I see is the horizon tilt.

Sorry to hear that.

What is the manufacture date on the box?

Are you able to post a video or photo?

Sounds like you may have a bad one and need to send back for replacement.

Good luck in getting sorted can be very frustrating. At least its brand new so replacement should be much easier.
2022-4-22
Use props
Mircea
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3114022 ft
  • >>>
Romania

fans2c883238 Posted at 4-22 14:57

It's the same for me
2022-4-25
Use props
Wcp17lkk
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello im a happy mavic 3 user and shoot allready some pictures with it.
But now i cant connect to my drone anymore i put it on and the leds are all blinking i tried everything.
I update the firmware off the drone and controller. (by connecting to pc)
I removed DJI Fly app and install again. (also)
when i read the manual i see the leds blinking on my drone that say that my drone have lost connection with the controller.
what else i can try ?
2022-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules