2022-4-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Wcp17lkk Posted at 4-25 09:19
Hello im a happy mavic 3 user and shoot allready some pictures with it.
But now i cant connect to my drone anymore i put it on and the leds are all blinking i tried everything.
I update the firmware off the drone and controller. (by connecting to pc)

I don't think you were supposed to remove the app from the RC Pro, you should have just tried pairing the RC and AC again.
2022-4-25
Use props
Wcp17lkk
lvl.1

Netherlands

DroneBeast Posted at 4-25 09:39
Re-link the controller to the drone?

I already tried this but this is the problem pairing dont work for some reason.
2022-4-25
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2021-12-31 20:16
While the issues that I have listed seem trivial, it is still issues and not what I expected from a premium drone at a premium price. I can live and wait for additional features but what I don't expect is Dji using my money to buy their product to beta test for them and they remain silent when we highlight the issues. Dji needs to GROW A PAIR and answer their customers as we keep them in bussines.

Hi Suren,

I also have some of these issues, maybe some of them are not issues, but features that haven't been implemented yet:

- Lack of HLG HDR 10 bit
- Slow satellite link / home point availability on first flight
- lack of shutter speed and other video parameters that Dji Go 4 had and Dji Fly does not have on screen in real time.
- Flickering of video when lighting conditions change substantially (in Mavic 2 Pro it was done smoothly w/o flickering)
- Ability to adjust saturation , sharpness, denoising via dial wheels on controller
- Tripod mode (ability to control the drone in almost stationary / low speed mode (ability to adjust low drone movement / movement speed settings)
- Obstacle Avoidance (drone seems jumpy when OA set to bypass) (have not tried this, but saw others experience this).
- Currently missing AirSense  (in US maybe other regions, but USA for sure), in USA AirSense does not seem to work at all right now, but pending firmware update fix.

Thanks, Mike.

2022-5-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 5-28 10:14
Hi Suren,

I also have some of these issues, maybe some of them are not issues, but features that haven't been implemented yet:

Just wanted to add:
  - Ability to change contrast via dial wheels.

Hoping all of these are getting fixed in future firmware update as I've heard.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-5-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 5-28 11:19
Just wanted to add:
  - Ability to change contrast via dial wheels.

Sorry one more:

- Ability to view current aperture in real time on screen in addition to shutter speed.

I believe all of these are coming in future DJI firmware update as I've heard

Thanks, Mike.
2022-5-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mzp Posted at 5-28 10:14
Hi Suren,

In my honest opinion Dji really messed this drone up. They have tried to come out with a Market Changer, could have succeeded had they tested their Firmware properly. The drone in itself is amazing, handles well etc but they launched the drone without a lot of features and when they added those on it killed GPS and Airsense with GPS Acquisition the most important to everyone. If Dji really had a fix for this, it would have been issued by now but their lack thereof proves that they are still struggling. I have a beta FW and GPS was improving and so was Airsense and now Airsense is dead again. The lack of giving the 4G dongle to everyone is also not on as it was a promised selling feature on the launch and 8 months later we still have nothing, not even 1080 200fps which was also a selling feature.

Everyone including myself who bought the M3 expected it to have waypoints at some time given that its predecessor had waypoints but failing to give that in the newer model which is much more expensive is BS.
2022-5-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 5-28 14:02
In my honest opinion Dji really messed this drone up. They have tried to come out with a Market Changer, could have succeeded had they tested their Firmware properly. The drone in itself is amazing, handles well etc but they launched the drone without a lot of features and when they added those on it killed GPS and Airsense with GPS Acquisition the most important to everyone. If Dji really had a fix for this, it would have been issued by now but their lack thereof proves that they are still struggling. I have a beta FW and GPS was improving and so was Airsense and now Airsense is dead again. The lack of giving the 4G dongle to everyone is also not on as it was a promised selling feature on the launch and 8 months later we still have nothing, not even 1080 200fps which was also a selling feature.

Everyone including myself who bought the M3 expected it to have waypoints at some time given that its predecessor had waypoints but failing to give that in the newer model which is much more expensive is BS.

Totally agree Suren. I did not realize waypoints are not there yet, I just started flying the drone 2-3 weeks ago. It is definitely an amazing machine offering better camera and significantly better transmission range and battery life. Hoping DJI would end up fixing the issues they have in this model with firmware update without having to release a new model, i.e. Mavic 3s or something like that.
2022-5-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has gone on too long now.  They need to fix the GPS once and for all, and get the SDK out there so we can get this bird to work using apps.  
Really a bad experience so far.  Many times I have given DJI the benefit of the doubt and been patient and believing of a firmware update, but at this point, I think I will believe it when I see it.
2022-5-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-28 14:51
It has gone on too long now.  They need to fix the GPS once and for all, and get the SDK out there so we can get this bird to work using apps.  
Really a bad experience so far.  Many times I have given DJI the benefit of the doubt and been patient and believing of a firmware update, but at this point, I think I will believe it when I see it.

Hi Tony. Yes GPS and AirSense are really needed. I think it's in the same module as far I've heard. It would be great if DJI released SDK, it would push the bird forward for sure giving third party apps access to develop on top of it and maybe even fix bugs / features using the SDK. Would push the drone forward for sure.
2022-5-28
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 5-28 14:02
In my honest opinion Dji really messed this drone up. They have tried to come out with a Market Changer, could have succeeded had they tested their Firmware properly. The drone in itself is amazing, handles well etc but they launched the drone without a lot of features and when they added those on it killed GPS and Airsense with GPS Acquisition the most important to everyone. If Dji really had a fix for this, it would have been issued by now but their lack thereof proves that they are still struggling. I have a beta FW and GPS was improving and so was Airsense and now Airsense is dead again. The lack of giving the 4G dongle to everyone is also not on as it was a promised selling feature on the launch and 8 months later we still have nothing, not even 1080 200fps which was also a selling feature.

cant disagree with any of this
2022-5-28
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

Suren,,,are you still gettimng firware to test?
2022-5-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

EFRPIC Posted at 5-28 16:40
Suren,,,are you still gettimng firware to test?

Yes I am            .
2022-5-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mzp Posted at 5-28 14:32
Totally agree Suren. I did not realize waypoints are not there yet, I just started flying the drone 2-3 weeks ago. It is definitely an amazing machine offering better camera and significantly better transmission range and battery life. Hoping DJI would end up fixing the issues they have in this model with firmware update without having to release a new model, i.e. Mavic 3s or something like that.

I now just carry my Mini 3 Pro every where and fly that, not only because of portability but because I can put in on the ground and get into the air in 20 seconds or less.
2022-5-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 5-28 14:51
It has gone on too long now.  They need to fix the GPS once and for all, and get the SDK out there so we can get this bird to work using apps.  

Agreed Tony but with Dji ignoring us (Mavic 3) owners the forum here has started to quite down with complaints as everyone is becoming complacent and seems to just accept the mediocre product we purchased at a ridiculous price.
2022-5-28
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

Complacency is not the cause of quiet. The constant bickering, misinformation and outright hostility was most of the traffic. Remove those, as apparently DJI finally did (for now anyway) and its crickets.

The next firmware will be the final decision maker for many. DJI will face a large number of returns and the associated bad press if they cannot deliver. Given the continuing delay in pushing out the next public version, I suspect (my 2 cents) that DJI is well aware. I have my $$$ invested in the M3C and a lot of spare parts and accessories. I'd rather DJI ship their best effort when it's ready. Only then will we know if it's a keeper.
2022-5-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 5-28 20:23
Agreed Tony but with Dji ignoring us (Mavic 3) owners the forum here has started to quite down with complaints as everyone is becoming complacent and seems to just accept the mediocre product we purchased at a ridiculous price.

I agree Suren.  The forum also took a hit due to the ridiculous war of personalities.  For now, and until this is fixed, my perception of DJI is that it is the most innovative manufacturer of drones, but the business ethos and accountability is lacking, and I won't be doing business with them again.  This is subject to change should they ever make it right with the M3.
2022-5-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 5-28 20:22
I now just carry my Mini 3 Pro every where and fly that, not only because of portability but because I can put in on the ground and get into the air in 20 seconds or less.

Hi Suren, I actually also got Mini 3 after waiting for almost a month. Did not want to jump into it right away. But as soon as they released 10 bit D-Cinelike, it was a breaking point for me to buy.
2022-5-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mzp Posted at 5-29 07:42
Hi Suren, I actually also got Mini 3 after waiting for almost a month. Did not want to jump into it right away. But as soon as they released 10 bit D-Cinelike, it was a breaking point for me to buy.

I am nt sure why I bought the Mini 3 but I am glad I did. This little drone is amazing and makes me wonder why I ever purchased the Mavic 3 in the first place. I could have saved alot of money.
2022-5-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 5-29 06:42
I agree Suren.  The forum also took a hit due to the ridiculous war of personalities.  For now, and until this is fixed, my perception of DJI is that it is the most innovative manufacturer of drones, but the business ethos and accountability is lacking, and I won't be doing business with them again.  This is subject to change should they ever make it right with the M3.

I think alot of users are in that space as of now.
2022-5-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 5-29 11:02
I am nt sure why I bought the Mini 3 but I am glad I did. This little drone is amazing and makes me wonder why I ever purchased the Mavic 3 in the first place. I could have saved alot of money.

Lol Suren I am actually asking myself the same question now. I have Air2s that is also portable and able to do HLG HDR 10 bit.  I think having another drone that is even smaller form factor, which can also do 10 bit  HDR video would give me additional opportunity to do HDR workflows. I am also very curios to see how they implemented D-Cinelike, which had always been 8 bit in 10 bit form. I have not received one yet, but looking forward to receiving it soon.
2022-5-29
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

this is a great reason to sell unnecessary drones if you like mini 3.) for me personally, the mini 3 will never replace the mavic 3 in work, due to the flight characteristics of the drone. Mavic 2 lay just in case for 3 months, without flights, sold it.
2022-6-6
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Oldschool Posted at 6-6 03:28
this is a great reason to sell unnecessary drones if you like mini 3.) for me personally, the mini 3 will never replace the mavic 3 in work, due to the flight characteristics of the drone. Mavic 2 lay just in case for 3 months, without flights, sold it.

Totally agree Oldschool. Mini 3 for me is a small drone with 10 bit video, but not in any way to replace Mavic 3. Definitely quality wise,  I am sure video can't compare.  It is just an extra drone that is easy to carry and for me to use in flights that are more risky, i.e. closer to trees, flying lower altitude when shooting water, stuff like that. It would be still painful to lose it, but not as painful as Mavic 3. I am very cautious with Mavic 3. I am keeping Mavic 2 Pro as well as a backup. I may need to sell some older drones that don't support HDR, but not so good with Ebay, also don't want for people to get the drone and be unable to unlock it due to my account being associated with it. I guess I would need to unlink a drone before selling...
2022-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mzp Posted at 6-6 08:15
Totally agree Oldschool. Mini 3 for me is a small drone with 10 bit video, but not in any way to replace Mavic 3. Definitely quality wise,  I am sure video can't compare.  It is just an extra drone that is easy to carry and for me to use in flights that are more risky, i.e. closer to trees, flying lower altitude when shooting water, stuff like that. It would be still painful to lose it, but not as painful as Mavic 3. I am very cautious with Mavic 3. I am keeping Mavic 2 Pro as well as a backup. I may need to sell some older drones that don't support HDR, but not so good with Ebay, also don't want for people to get the drone and be unable to unlock it due to my account being associated with it. I guess I would need to unlink a drone before selling...

The mini 3 is a great little drone and great things can be produced with it, but in no way can it match what can be achieved with Mavic 3, as a photography and video drone there is nothing out there that can match up to what it can do and that includes how it flies, and I believe it will stand the test of time well.
2022-6-6
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-6 14:56
The mini 3 is a great little drone and great things can be produced with it, but in no way can it match what can be achieved with Mavic 3, as a photography and video drone there is nothing out there that can match up to what it can do and that includes how it flies, and I believe it will stand the test of time well.

Yes definitely Mavic 3 is definitely the next king after Mavic 2 Pro.
2022-6-6
Use props
djiuser_gBDVItNlB5eu
New

United States

I’m not happy at all with this mavic3 when playing back video from sd card it displays the camara settings flickering words at the bottom of the screen.also the drone will all of a sudden start flying erratically bobbing up and down until I stop and slowly move forward will it subside.the air sense does not work either.I thinking this will be my last dji drone as quality has gone out the window.my air 2 works perfect and is more fun to fly than the waste of money Mavic 3
2022-6-7
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_gBDVItNlB5eu Posted at 6-7 14:33
I’m not happy at all with this mavic3 when playing back video from sd card it displays the camara settings flickering words at the bottom of the screen.also the drone will all of a sudden start flying erratically bobbing up and down until I stop and slowly move forward will it subside.the air sense does not work either.I thinking this will be my last dji drone as quality has gone out the window.my air 2 works perfect and is more fun to fly than the waste of money Mavic 3

These are actually .SRT files that you have on SD card. These are subtitles that are captured when you shoot your video. These help you to see your video parameters at the time of shooting, i.e. your exposure, your shutter speed, your ISO, your white balance and your altitude while you play back your video. If you don't want to see subtitles, you can copy just your MOV / MP4 file to your storage device, i.e. SSD or hard drive and you won't see this line at the bottom. Imho the subtitles are useful for see what your settings were while you were shooting and to see the end result they produced on your big screen. This way if it's too dark for example, you can check what your Exposure was at the time of shooting, what ND filter you used and maybe reconsider using a ND filter with smaller rating or changing your exposure. But if you don't like the subtitles, you can just delete the .SRT file and you won't see it...
2022-6-7
Use props
Bruka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19862 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Video quality between Mini 3 and Mavic 3 (and Autel Nano+) are very similar.  It's the still images where the Mavic 3 is really excellent. The lens on the Mini 3 lets it down somewhat for stills photos. (looks great on video though).
2022-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bruka Posted at 6-10 23:50
Video quality between Mini 3 and Mavic 3 (and Autel Nano+) are very similar.  It's the still images where the Mavic 3 is really excellent. The lens on the Mini 3 lets it down somewhat for stills photos. (looks great on video though).

Im not sure thats a fair reflection. The Mavic 3 is a really great video camera and I would say a lot better than mini 3 although I like the mini 3 it does not match the quality coming from the Mavic 3.
2022-6-11
Use props
Kamera_Man_Photograhy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3537228 ft
United States

So, my only Real issue is that when in close quarters the obstacle avoidance is really jerky if you even touch the joystick. It sent my Mavic 3 against the wall in New Orleans. On a positive note the unit is so durable that it only popped the tip off of one blade.
2022-6-11
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bruka Posted at 6-10 23:50
Video quality between Mini 3 and Mavic 3 (and Autel Nano+) are very similar.  It's the still images where the Mavic 3 is really excellent. The lens on the Mini 3 lets it down somewhat for stills photos. (looks great on video though).

I don't have a Mini 3 Pro yet, waiting for it, but don't think it's possible for it to have the same video quality. Even if you are shooting in daylight and use maximum aperture on both drones (using fixed aperture on Mini 3 Pro), Mavic 3 has HLG 10 bit HDR / D-Log and Mini 3 has 10 bit D-Cinelike. I am sure you can transcode D-Cinelike to HLG 10 bit HDR, but I think you won't get the same dynamic range as you would get on Mavic 3, you would also probably get more noise on Mini 3 and in scenes having dark and bring areas at in the same frame, would probably get more noise in the dark areas on Mini 3. But overall it seems Mini 3 Pro is a great success and it's just in its own league and great for the capabilities it offers for a small drone and now it offering 10 bit color D-Cinelike probably can not get matched by any other small drone out there or drone with similar size.
2022-6-11
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Despite the sensor cropping on the Mavic 3, it's dynamic range and information in shadows has nothing to do with smaller sensors, vertical framing in the Mini 3 is interesting though.

2022-8-2
Use props
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
Canada

* My top issue with DJI is customer service.  –Absolute garbage and unacceptable for modern business practice.  Robotic replies are nonsense.  When you are able to finally battle your way to speaking to a human, they have a lack of interest and are totally unhelpful.  I run a business using this equipment and don’t have time for this crap.  As soon as a competitor imerges who is able to produce comparable great tech like DJI and is able to combine that with modern era customer service, I’m gone.

* Mavic 3 Batteries will be permanently bricked if ran too low.  Who’s ever heard of something so stupid?  I have tons of battery operated cameras, phones, cars and other equipment.  –NONE OF THEM DO THIS.

* OA is unusable for shooting stable video.

* RC Pro controller loses connection frequently, especially when using hyper lapse, etc.

* Master Shots is unusable on my drone with the camera wobble

* The Fly app emits continuously a warning " Automatic Avoidance" after a manned aircraft is detected in close proximity to the drone and can only be fixed by restarting the app

* Gimbal is frequently not level.  The horizon needs to be reliably level when shooting professional photos and video footage.

* It would be very helpful to have an optional larger display version of the RC Pro controller.

* Ability to quickly change camera settings using only the controller wheels.

* I could go on…

* There are many things I do like about DJI, Mavic 3 Cine & RC Pro controller though.  Creative engineering tech, airframe, software, Hyperlapse, way points, incredible battery life, the ability to fold the arms down into a small package, small size, lightweight, quiet operation, ergonomics, camera quality, looks & form…  When it all works it’s fantastic stuff.
2022-8-17
Use props
hohand27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3215030 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Hello All!
Why only ISO400 and 800 available in d-log mode?
What is the reason for this?
2022-8-17
Use props
fans3bc20655
New
Flight distance : 63054 ft
Oman

Dear all
I don't know if any of the Mavic 3 users faced this issue
In this Month I lost My drone due to signal breakdown between the RC and Mavic 3.. I lost the signal suddenly.
the drone was away from me with in 100 m and in hight of 30s m I was taking some photo for boots in the sea..
What I know it should come back RTH I wait for more than 30s but ther was no sign of it
I press the H bottom and keep wating but no response
After more than 2 min I restart the app I disconnect the cable but the same issue
Q
1-When the signal break what my happen?
2-when the signal break what action should I do?
3-in the case the warranty will cover this incident?

I lo
2022-8-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

fans3bc20655 Posted at 8-22 22:33
Dear all
I don't know if any of the Mavic 3 users faced this issue
In this Month I lost My drone due to signal breakdown between the RC and Mavic 3.. I lost the signal suddenly.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your drone. You should maybe make a seperate post and also add your flight logs there so people can help you better.
2022-8-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 8-23 10:57
Sorry to hear about the loss of your drone. You should maybe make a seperate post and also add your flight logs there so people can help you better.

Mavic 3 just needs some finishing touches still DJI.  Please.  : )
2022-8-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 8-23 20:33
Mavic 3 just needs some finishing touches still DJI.  Please.  : )

Yes it still does. So far my bird flies good with no major issues. I can rely and trust it even at great distances it comes back every time.
2022-8-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 8-23 22:43
Yes it still does. So far my bird flies good with no major issues. I can rely and trust it even at great distances it comes back every time.

Agreed Suren.  I will say this candidly, and from the heart - I feel extremely disappointed by the messaging that the SDK is not a priority for the M3.  I feel like it cripples a really good drone that could have great value and the fact it is not a priority and not commitments exist is really making me annoyed.
2022-9-7
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-7 08:36
Agreed Suren.  I will say this candidly, and from the heart - I feel extremely disappointed by the messaging that the SDK is not a priority for the M3.  I feel like it cripples a really good drone that could have great value and the fact it is not a priority and not commitments exist is really making me annoyed.

100% agree!
2022-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules