15194 204 2021-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

So, given that most off us at some point have had some sort of issues with either our Mavic 3 itself, the Fly app for the Mavic 3 or the software on the Mavic 3, I want Pilots to post their issues. Maybe Dji will IGNORE this thread or maybe they will read it and pass on the information. Please, if you select that you have an issue with your drone, please list the issues you have. If you had issues and managed to resolve the problems, please still post your issues and what you did to resolve the issues so that other pilots can learn from it. I will list my issues below:
  • OA is too sensitive, causing drone to randomly brake mid return home
  • Drone takes forever to lock on sats on a cold start, mine sits till battery goes to 96% to just get 12 sats and reord homepoint
  • Master Shots is unusable on my drone with the camera wobble
  • I use an iPhone 13 Pro Max and have the latest Fly app but get random app crashes while in mid flight
  • The Fly app emits continouslly a warning " Automatic Avoidance" after a manned aircraft is detected in close proximity to the drone and can only be fixed by restarting the app
  • The back legs when folded in rubs against the camera when holder is on and the camera has unlocked it self. I put on clear cutex over the plastic on the sides of the camera to protect it.
  • The zoom feature in explorer mode is nice but needs to be abled to allow us to increase in smaller increments and not big jumps as it spoils the footage.

Single SelectVote, Total 125 people participate in voting
83.20% (104)
4.00% (5)
9.60% (12)
3.20% (4)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-12-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

While the issues that I have listed seem trivial, it is still issues and not what I expected from a premium drone at a premium price. I can live and wait for additional features but what I don't expect is Dji using my money to buy their product to beta test for them and they remain silent when we highlight the issues. Dji needs to GROW A PAIR and answer their customers as we keep them in bussines.
2021-12-31
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree although I have not experienced your problems. The "advanced" RTH is a bad joke for sure but I have had no actual issues....yet.
I have a 3 year old Samsung phone, no problem yet. I do like older things though....1998 car, 1999 boat, 1945 Wife ;-)
2021-12-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 12-31 20:21
I agree although I have not experienced your problems. The "advanced" RTH is a bad joke for sure but I have had no actual issues....yet.
I have a 3 year old Samsung phone, no problem yet. I do like older things though....1998 car, 1999 boat, 1945 Wife ;-)

Nice to trade up sometimes. Its good that you currently have no issues.
2021-12-31
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

The first 2 are an annoyance,  3 never tried, but 4 and 5 never had them as I used Android and now RC-Pro - Zoom can be smooth using Fn+wheel till it changes cameras! but for me, zoom is a gimmick
Hope soon they'll solve those with this great/magical Jan FW upgrade - we have an untranslatable saying - something of a sort "let's hope but unlikely" cross your fingers!
2021-12-31
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Even though these are not major concerns for me, I'm still prepared to put the Mavic 3 away until after the 22nd  January firmware update. I just don't feel too comfortable flying this thing having to worry about it losing connection to the RC Pro; going into smart RTH, and hitting a power line that it didn't see.
2021-12-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have 1,2, and 6.  And for reasons discussed here by many I absolutely cannot use RTH as it is today.
2021-12-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 2021-12-31 20:21

@GaryDoug Who would have ever thought a phone only three years old is "old"?
2022-1-1
Use props
Jason WAI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

After flying Mavic 3 for a while, I'm impressed with the huge upgrade from my previous DJI drones. The high quality of the image, the long flying time / distances than i've ever before with other drones. The only thing I may suggest is to set a height of the return home higher than any other potential obstacles in the field as the screen seems to be suddenly go black when it lost signal.
2022-1-1
Use props
djiuser_B9FYuvkDZ89c
lvl.2

Australia

For me, the random disconnects when using RC Pro has made the M3 experience just too risky when using that controller.

When using the RCN1 I have no issues at all, so this has to be hardware & firmware related.

DJI you must address this.

2022-1-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2021-12-31 23:58
I have 1,2, and 6.  And for reasons discussed here by many I absolutely cannot use RTH as it is today.

Dito, 1, 2 and 6.  And the only time I use RTH is when the system dictates RTH for emergency return.  I never manually engage RTH.

The increment zoom issue already has some solutions, though not necessarily elegant.
2022-1-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

alex_markov Posted at 2021-12-31 22:51
The first 2 are an annoyance,  3 never tried, but 4 and 5 never had them as I used Android and now RC-Pro - Zoom can be smooth using Fn+wheel till it changes cameras! but for me, zoom is a gimmick
Hope soon they'll solve those with this great/magical Jan FW upgrade  - we have an untranslatable saying - something of a sort "let's hope but unlikely"  cross your fingers!

Thanks Alex, I am also hoping they fix majority of the issues in the Jan update. I would rather we have these fixed then get extra software upgrades that also is unusable.
2022-1-1
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

• OA is too sensitive: yes
  • Drone takes forever to lock on sats on a cold start: yes. Very slow.
  • Master Shots is unusable: it's OK, my clients would never notice due to the novelty of the whole experience.
  • Random app crashes while in mid flight: not for me (M3C + RCP)
  • The Fly app emits continuously a warning " Automatic Avoidance": I live right under a very active fly path, anything from jumbo jets to local prop planes, let alone the police/fire helicopters, which would fly anywhere as needed. I get warnings, but no avoidance.
  • The back legs when folded in rub against the camera: yes, I think everyone's M3 does it. I complained to support and they sent out the foam and issued the typical "oh-just-shut-up-please" $10 in credits.
  • The zoom feature in explorer mode needs to allow us to increase in smaller increments: zoom camera has a lot of features to desire. I would reserve my judgment until the January FW update, which is supposed to make it what it is supposed to be.

2022-1-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 2021-12-31 23:34
Even though these are not major concerns for me, I'm still prepared to put the Mavic 3 away until after the 22nd  January firmware update. I just don't feel too comfortable flying this thing having to worry about it losing connection to the RC Pro; going into smart RTH, and hitting a power line that it didn't see.

I don't have the RC Pro and have never lost signal with the standard RC but can understand your frustration and reluctance to fly. Dji software dev's need to get their fingers out of the B** and fix these little issues that will keep their clients happy and spending more money with them.
2022-1-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 2021-12-31 23:58

I for one will not engage the RTH if I have connection and can fly back normally again until they fix the issue. They created a problem with RTH when there was none there in the first place.
2022-1-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Jason WAI Posted at 1-1 00:43
After flying Mavic 3 for a while, I'm impressed with the huge upgrade from my previous DJI drones. The high quality of the image, the long flying time / distances than i've ever before with other drones. The only thing I may suggest is to set a height of the return home higher than any other potential obstacles in the field as the screen seems to be suddenly go black when it lost signal.

The M3 when using smart RTH will set itself higher if it detects obstacles, unlike the previous RTH feature where we set the RTH height in the app the drone will do this automatically if there is sufficient light and only use the height set in the app if the OA system is in a dark environment and it cannot pick up obstacles.
2022-1-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1910 couch for sleeping on when 1945 wife kicks 19xy husband out of bed????????????
I salute you Gary, you are a brave man.

2022-1-1
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

djiuser_B9FYuvkDZ89c Posted at 1-1 02:34
For me, the random disconnects when using RC Pro has made the M3 experience just too risky when using that controller.

When using the RCN1 I have no issues at all, so this has to be hardware & firmware related.

I also have experienced random disconnects using the RC Pro.  In addition, after completing a cold boot, it takes 1 1/2 to 2 minutes for the aircraft to connect to the RC Pro.  The RCN1 connects within 10 seconds after completing cold boot.

I opened a ticket with DJI a week ago, received the usual "Robot" replies about checking the F/W, refreshing the F/W and then I was forwarded to a higher level of service (Bwaaaaa)

After explaining the issues I was told to provide my mailing address, they wanted me to send back so they could analyze.  I provided my mailing address, a day later received another email stating it was normal for the aircraft to take 2 minutes to connect after a cold boot.  

Replied back, show me a document that states 2 minutes is normal, also advised I find this hard to believe as my friend has the CIne version.  We went flying the other day, his aircraft connected within 10 seconds after completing a cold boot.  He was flying while I was waiting for my aircraft to connect to the controller.

I have sent two emails back to DJI service requesting they replace my RC Pro but have not heard back.  I also asked to be connected to his Supervisor.   

I bought the RC Pro from DJI direct, had I bought from B&H I could have received a replacement by now.

This has been an expensive lesson, will NEVER buy anything direct from DJI again.

2022-1-1
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Did you show your wife this?  What's here number.  I'll gladly send her this post.  
2022-1-1
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

I've had small issues as well.  I think the kinks will work out just fine as updates come.  
2022-1-1
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

fans76b622a7 Posted at 1-1 13:38
I also have experienced random disconnects using the RC Pro.  In addition, after completing a cold boot, it takes 1 1/2 to 2 minutes for the aircraft to connect to the RC Pro.  The RCN1 connects within 10 seconds after completing cold boot.

I opened a ticket with DJI a week ago, received the usual "Robot" replies about checking the F/W, refreshing the F/W and then I was forwarded to a higher level of service (Bwaaaaa)

Update, Finally received a repair/replace ticket.  Packed up the RC Pro and M3, will drop off at UPS tomorrow.  Shipping to DJI repair facility in California.  Will see what they find out, hopefully they replace the controller and aircraft, it's a shame so many of us Beta Testers are having problems.  I hope to have my faith in DJI restored!
2022-1-2
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans76b622a7 Posted at 1-2 14:16
Update, Finally received a repair/replace ticket.  Packed up the RC Pro and M3, will drop off at UPS tomorrow.  Shipping to DJI repair facility in California.  Will see what they find out, hopefully they replace the controller and aircraft, it's a shame so many of us Beta Testers are having problems.  I hope to have my faith in DJI restored!

Been a Beta tester cost me my drone. I hope DJI will replace it.
2022-1-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-2 14:30
Been a Beta tester cost me my drone. I hope DJI will replace it.

Did you not manage to locate it as yet?
2022-1-2
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-2 14:46
Did you not manage to locate it as yet?

Nothing yet.
2022-1-2
Use props
djiuser_lAbzj41yAhU1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 669948 ft
United States

So I just contact a DJI and they told me basically go fuck myself  either you can send the MAVIC 3 back for repair or you can rest assure that our engineers guaranteed that the issue be fixed in the next firmware update so I ask when is that he couldn’t even answer that question so basically they telling me go fuck yourself you can’t use your drone for work so now you’re out of work because DJI only cares about money and not their  customers I only flew the  drone twice and they’re asking me to pay for repair or wait for an update this is bull... not to mention the bull... remote control are you guys provided us with this professional drone I am disgusted with service and drones
2022-1-3
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_lAbzj41yAhU1 Posted at 1-3 08:56
So I just contact a DJI and they told me basically go fuck myself  either you can send the MAVIC 3 back for repair or you can rest assure that our engineers guaranteed that the issue be fixed in the next firmware update so I ask when is that he couldn’t even answer that question so basically they telling me go fuck yourself you can’t use your drone for work so now you’re out of work because DJI only cares about money and not their  customers I only flew the  drone twice and they’re asking me to pay for repair or wait for an update this is bull... not to mention the bull... remote control are you guys provided us with this professional drone I am disgusted with service and drones

What issues are you having?
2022-1-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NGC Posted at 1-3 10:06
I wonder if DJI will "guarantee" that they will fix the long GPS acquisition time in the next update...

At this stage they are not responding to posts that we create in regards to issues but the only responding to posts about videos. I am losing faith in the customer service which is a pity. I actually though about selling the M3 when I had the sensor issues and getting the Autel Nano.
2022-1-3
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-3 10:06
I wonder if DJI will "guarantee" that they will fix the long GPS acquisition time in the next update...

It was working fine before the update. I am sure they will fix that.
2022-1-3
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_lAbzj41yAhU1 Posted at 1-3 08:56
So I just contact a DJI and they told me basically go fuck myself  either you can send the MAVIC 3 back for repair or you can rest assure that our engineers guaranteed that the issue be fixed in the next firmware update so I ask when is that he couldn’t even answer that question so basically they telling me go fuck yourself you can’t use your drone for work so now you’re out of work because DJI only cares about money and not their  customers I only flew the  drone twice and they’re asking me to pay for repair or wait for an update this is bull... not to mention the bull... remote control are you guys provided us with this professional drone I am disgusted with service and drones

Hopefully by or on 22nd we will get an update that will sort out a lot of problems. If it doesn’t come then I recommend ship it back and demand they cover your drone through warranty.
2022-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 1-3 13:58
At this stage they are not responding to posts that we create in regards to issues but the only responding to posts about videos. I am losing faith in the customer service which is a pity. I actually though about selling the M3 when I had the sensor issues and getting the Autel Nano.

You know a simple statement to say FW update will be coming on X date,  and bugs will be fixed software will be installed, would go along way to ease the anxiety we are going to see over the next few weeks.

Its disappointing after so many paid so much money for this drone that dji are so backwards in coming forward with basic information.
2022-1-5
Use props
footballer1311
lvl.1

Netherlands

I agree with all points. But most of all I do not like the Fly app, I believe that the DJI management should create a completely new app and adapt it for users, the app we have now is terrible! I am also fond of computer games. I download and find them on https://romsify.com/, cool collections and only top games.
2022-1-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 1-5 16:37
You know a simple statement to say FW update will be coming on X date,  and bugs will be fixed software will be installed, would go along way to ease the anxiety we are going to see over the next few weeks.

Its disappointing after so many paid so much money for this drone that dji are so backwards in coming forward with basic information.

I agree with you. Since Dji likes following things like Apple and always advertise their drones as optimised for IOS they should take a note out of Apples book as to giving people the heads up on issues with software etc. I always install Apple beta software on my iMac and Mac Pro's and still now running beta Monterey on my MacBooks and Apple notifies us of issues experienced and they push alot of quick updates to resolve bugs.  If I go onto the apple website for beta testers and reports an issue an apple rep will answer within 24 hours and provide a solution or if he does not know will get back to you within 48 hours with an answer. This is what Dji should be like given that they are the biggest drone manufacturer in the world.
2022-1-5
Use props
gamer228
New

Ukraine

I agree with all points. But most of all I do not like the Fly app, I believe that the DJI management should create a completely new app and adapt it for users, the app we have now is terrible! I am also fond of computer games. I download and find them on https://romsify.com/, cool collections and only top games.
2022-1-6
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-7
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-7 19:40
Someone needs to ban the spammer above.

Report the user and message, I did.
2022-1-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

scubaAnn Posted at 1-1 21:39
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Did you show your wife this?  What's here number.  I'll gladly send her this post.

Hehe. I don't know how I missed your post. I did show her this and she thanked me for adding a few years to her release date/year ;-)
2022-1-7
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-7 21:12
Hehe. I don't know how I missed your post. I did show her this and she thanked me for adding a few years to her release date/year ;-)

Awesome.  I like your wife.   Yeah, sometimes the forum doesn't get me notifications either.
2022-1-9
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-9
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced