15192 204 2021-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

NGC Posted at 1-9 11:39
The M3 is the first DJI drone that I’ve ever had that I just can’t “trust”. Other drones may have had bugs or eventually had a few features added, but nothing like the defective flying characteristics and bugginess of the M3. It really begs the question whether this is just what the drone “is” and is not able to be “fixed”. You would think if it was fixable, some hot fixes would have already been done.

yes, agreed
2022-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-9 11:39
The M3 is the first DJI drone that I’ve ever had that I just can’t “trust”. Other drones may have had bugs or eventually had a few features added, but nothing like the defective flying characteristics and bugginess of the M3. It really begs the question whether this is just what the drone “is” and is not able to be “fixed”. You would think if it was fixable, some hot fixes would have already been done.

I have been flying it now over 2 months and I’m not finding it that buggy. First off lots of missing software but I and everyone else knew that. But a lot of the problems I read about are similar to what I read about all other drones I bought. Yes RTH is bothering people but truth is it works fine and I hear lots worried about it crashing on the way home, but so far not one single case of this happening. I seen one on mavic pilots but he wouldn’t show logs then disappeared. AT does need refining but it did right from AT1 so no change there, and those testing are testing in some very tricky situations. I know your complaining about ADSB but ADSB has many more problems outside of djis control. The OA also needs refining is totally different than what we had before. But it avoids obstacles better than any other dji drone though not very elegantly. Others who bought Cine model complained about downloading footage until they realized some could download within minutes.

The two cases here Suren and Zeuse are exactly that 2 cases, if there was only 2 cases like this with the release of M1 or M2P/Z it would have been a huge success. What I see now is people getting impatient waiting for updates and hoping bug fixes will fix everything, but bug fix can't fix something that is users fault.
This is no different than most dji drones “except it arrived without a large amount of software. But it flys fine, but use in break mode and not by pass, it films fine and photo side is fine. The software needs tuning and updating. But around here after 3 months only 2 drones lost does not mean this drone is never going to be any good.
2022-1-10
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

fans76b622a7 Posted at 1-1 13:38
I also have experienced random disconnects using the RC Pro.  In addition, after completing a cold boot, it takes 1 1/2 to 2 minutes for the aircraft to connect to the RC Pro.  The RCN1 connects within 10 seconds after completing cold boot.

I opened a ticket with DJI a week ago, received the usual "Robot" replies about checking the F/W, refreshing the F/W and then I was forwarded to a higher level of service (Bwaaaaa)

Update, returned Mavic 3 and RCPro to DJI service in California.  Received a call today from a DJI tech who said they tested the aircraft and it took over one minute to connect, he said this was not normal. I asked If this was FW related and he said no, but didn’t go so far to say hardware.  He also said the camera was not focusing correctly.  Bottom line, they are replacing with a new aircraft.
2022-1-10
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-10 04:56
I have been flying it now over 2 months and I’m not finding it that buggy. First off lots of missing software but I and everyone else knew that. But a lot of the problems I read about are similar to what I read about all other drones I bought. Yes RTH is bothering people but truth is it works fine and I hear lots worried about it crashing on the way home, but so far not one single case of this happening. I seen one on mavic pilots but he wouldn’t show logs then disappeared. AT does need refining but it did right from AT1 so no change there, and those testing are testing in some very tricky situations. I know your complaining about ADSB but ADSB has many more problems outside of djis control. The OA also needs refining is totally different than what we had before. But it avoids obstacles better than any other dji drone though not very elegantly. Others who bought Cine model complained about downloading footage until they realized some could download within minutes.

The two cases here Suren and Zeuse are exactly that 2 cases, if there was only 2 cases like this with the release of M1 or M2P/Z it would have been a huge success. What I see now is people getting impatient waiting for updates and hoping bug fixes will fix everything, but bug fix can't fix something that is users fault.

"those testing are testing in some very tricky situations"

Well of course. There is little reason to test in ordinary conditions. Being a test engineer for the last 10 years of my engineering career, that is just what we did. "Pushing the envelope" sound familiar?
For the first 10 years, I was a design engineer. New product failure/return rates of over 2% were considered "catastrophic" in the field.

2022-1-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-10 04:56

hallmark007, I understand the case you are making, but I will just point out a few things.  This really is a different bird.  The product launch was less than inspiring.  I am willing to wait some time but the few mystery fly aways, when combined with my own bad experince with control issues make me think this thing needs focused engineering attention asap.

The clock is ticking on whether this is going to be a success or not.  
2022-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TonyPHX Posted at 1-10 23:29
hallmark007, I understand the case you are making, but I will just point out a few things.  This really is a different bird.  The product launch was less than inspiring.  I am willing to wait some time but the few mystery fly aways, when combined with my own bad experince with control issues make me think this thing needs focused engineering attention asap.

The clock is ticking on whether this is going to be a success or not.

This is the least flyaways I have ever seen on a dji drone, yet you fault it for that , thats ironic. What control problems are you having? This drone flys differently in by pass mode than it does in brake mode if thats what you mean.
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 1-10 19:39
"those testing are testing in some very tricky situations"

Well of course. There is little reason to test in ordinary conditions. Being a test engineer for the last 10 years of my engineering career, that is just what we did. "Pushing the envelope" sound familiar?

Its hard to take your comment seriously when you add all sorts of untested contraptions to drone, which clearly effect the performance of your drone , risk the warranty of the drone and have the potential to be catastrophic .

Risky testing are clearly laid out in your manual and risks are explained. So if you embark on these risky tests and your drone clips a small branch or cross wire and you crash, well then you will have done exactly the type of testing your manual told you not to test. I refer to Ian of London and many others who crashed their drones on a test run that clearly proved the product and the manual where correct and testing had already been done to show what would happen.

So the 2% catastrophic testing is from the Mavrick testing not mavic testing.
2022-1-11
Use props
djiuser_0EUdY8UpMxE1
New

United States

DJI Mavic 3 is nothing less of junk! There online support is no better considering I have had no response on how to fix the issues! Out of the box The mavic 3 had 12 error codes. One being aircraft is missing parts! What!? I was missing part of the price tag. Premium money for a glorified paper weight!! Junk, absolute junk!!
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-11 06:36
Even in their promo DJI shows it flying through a forest claiming it can avoid obstacles in complex environments. But they told Philip Bloom it can’t do that.
Hallmark- this is different than other releases. Are you claiming that the only issue with this drone is the fact that you can’t really fly it in bypass mode?  You we’re making so much progress on not being a shill, but you need to be careful not to take a step backwards.

Like what ADSB, I think your best chance with that one is contact the FAA and ask them why half of manned aircraft don’t bother using it. But yes that is a problem. What are the other ones that don’t concern updates that everyone is waiting on. Let me see RTH is a bit sketchy but no crash as of yet. Not gathering gps “Yes” for some that seems to be a problem since last update but its not for many. You above everyone here seem to be having most problems so maybe you bought a dud, you should get that checked out. And instead of trying to insult all before and after you go learn how to use your drone.
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 01:25
This is the least flyaways I have ever seen on a dji drone, yet you fault it for that , thats ironic. What control problems are you having? This drone flys differently in by pass mode than it does in brake mode if thats what you mean.

I think the lack of forum engagement may not be providing the full scope of issues with it.  And yes, i am ironic.  : ). Too much Alanis Morrisette....

The control issues are numerous and not solved by the expo settings.  (I have tried).   Very hard to explain, but everything from jerky, uncommanded movement (even with vision sensors off) to great variability when tring to execute fine movements.  I realize it sounds very subjective, but sometimes it flies nicely, and sometimes it appears to have had too much caffeine.  (In any mode, including Cine.)
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-11 06:36
Even in their promo DJI shows it flying through a forest claiming it can avoid obstacles in complex environments. But they told Philip Bloom it can’t do that.
Hallmark- this is different than other releases. Are you claiming that the only issue with this drone is the fact that you can’t really fly it in bypass mode?  You we’re making so much progress on not being a shill, but you need to be careful not to take a step backwards.

I think you should take a closer look at the forest DJI was flying through and compare it to the one Bloom was flying through.  If you notice, the one DJI was flying in had absolutely no branches down low.  It was all just big tree trunks.  Not the same as the one Bloom was flying in with tiny bare branches all over.  
Skydio is still the best OA system that exists and they still have bare branches as an exception to their warranty.
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-11 07:52
Good point. Having said that, there are plenty of other videos on YouTube without the bare branches that show it isn’t nearly what they promised. Darren McHardy, etc. even DC Rainmaker shows its plethora of issues.

Also keep in mind that Philip Bloom was *walking* through the forest. DJI shows much faster movement than what Philip tried to do.

I suspect the martketing team travels with a grounds crew that artfully snips low hanging branches from the set.  : )
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TonyPHX Posted at 1-11 07:19
I think the lack of forum engagement may not be providing the full scope of issues with it.  And yes, i am ironic.  : ). Too much Alanis Morrisette....

The control issues are numerous and not solved by the expo settings.  (I have tried).   Very hard to explain, but everything from jerky, uncommanded movement (even with vision sensors off) to great variability when tring to execute fine movements.  I realize it sounds very subjective, but sometimes it flies nicely, and sometimes it appears to have had too much caffeine.  (In any mode, including Cine.)

What your describing is not common, I’m looking at some amazing footage that says you might have a problem with your drone. I’m am not having any problems with control or controlling the drone. Except if flying close to obstacles with by pass on. I think if you watch Ian of London video he clearly explains this.

Yes optimization will be improved over time but this was exactly the same with every dji drone I owned.
If your drone is moving uncommanded then you have a problem with your drone. If that was my drone I know no FW will fix that.

But honestly for me flying with bypass on I thought it flew like a dog, but as soon as I turned it to brake it flew very smoothly. The video it shoots is really good and photos are exceptional.

You know first 2 weeks this forum was lit up complaining about not being able to download footage from SSD but this problem was 100% users not correctly doing it, now its not a problem, and thats how these drone releases go this is no worse than Mavic 2 was and 10 times better than M1 was. Apart from the obvious software missing. But I’m hearing so many problems but very few able to show or explain these problems. Like you say yourself one day its fine next its not, well thats a problem you’re going to find hard to sort out.
2022-1-11
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-11 07:52
Good point. Having said that, there are plenty of other videos on YouTube without the bare branches that show it isn’t nearly what they promised. Darren McHardy, etc. even DC Rainmaker shows its plethora of issues.

Also keep in mind that Philip Bloom was *walking* through the forest. DJI shows much faster movement than what Philip tried to do.

Yes, because the DJI video is showing flying in a relatively safe environment without only huge obstacles it needs to avoid.  Bloom is not at all in a similar environment!  Yes, it might have a chance at recognizing small bare branches a bit easier when moving at a slower pace, but its still a lot to ask of it.  DJI's video there isn't a bare branch in site that isn't 20ft above them!  You can call them both forests, but they aren't similar at all in terms of the actual risks that need to be interpreted and avoided.

I will also never get close to the 46 mins of flight time or 16km distance they advertise for the Mavic 3.  

Have you seen Skydio's latest marketing video?  They do exactly the same thing (even make fun of DJI for crashing into branches) and yet they have denied hundreds of people their warranty for doing exactly what they show in their marketing videos.  So its not just DJI.  One of Parrot's latest marketing videos has them flying all over NYC even though it is illegal to do such.  

Every industry fluffs themselves up!  Have you ever seen a McDonald's commercial and how fluffy and juicy their products look?  I've yet to see a fast food item look like its commercials.

Ignore the marketing fluff and don't take it so personally!  
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-11 07:10
You can’t help regressing back to being a shill. ADSB isn’t the issue. An example of that particular problem is the altitude and distance not showing anywhere near the aircraft on the DJI RC Pro maps.

This is yet another example of you not understanding a bug before denying that it even exists.

On every drone release there were problems with AT, Quick shots, POI, etc etc thats nothing new except much more on other drones. GPS acquisition as you call it, I do see some complain but a lot more don’t . So thats the extent of your problems. Oh except ADSB , I fully understand why your drone never leaves the ground and I think if you post hundreds of posts regarding ADSB and GPS “acquisition “ eventually we will all know you have a problem.

Apart from some optimization which for all dji drones usually comes throughout the first year of the drone first two with M1, then missing software is the biggest problem for this drone .
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-11 09:02
The Shill runs so deep within you that I knew you wouldn’t keep the Beast locked up too long. The M3 is their worst drone release in memory. The return rate is so high because it is so buggy.
Even DJI knew that which is why they increased the warranty. But maybe you know more than DJI?

Your just a waffler, you still haven’t showed what the problems are. Oh once again ADSB and GPS lock. Are you sure you didn’t buy a Lear jet
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-11 09:14
I haven’t showed what the problems are? I just posted 2 links. Here’s another one, “bugger”:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=255150&mobile=2

I don’t disagree with you that you’re having problems with GPS, but I’m not convinced  of the hundreds of problems you speak about but cannot show.
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-11 09:34
Everyone is just imagining the flight characteristic problems? Jerkiness, hesitation, disconnects with the RC Pro (mine doesn’t do that thank goodness), wobbling during Mastershots, imaginary obstacles, etc?
A DJI engineer in RCGroups a while ago said that it was using new flight logic as opposed to other craft and it was “buggy”. But I guess you know more?

All those things you mention are all the things I read at the release of every drone Ive ever owned. Ken or blade runner is not and never was a dji engineer and no I don’t know more but Ive seen it all before. And when new FW comes along this will only get worse, thats how this goes . From what I see the GPS thing is 70% with no problem 30% with problems some have had it since November and some have had problem since FW update. So yes its a problem no one is denying it , but I’m afraid most of the problems just need time particularly for users to work out.
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-11 09:34
Everyone is just imagining the flight characteristic problems? Jerkiness, hesitation, disconnects with the RC Pro (mine doesn’t do that thank goodness), wobbling during Mastershots, imaginary obstacles, etc?
A DJI engineer in RCGroups a while ago said that it was using new flight logic as opposed to other craft and it was “buggy”. But I guess you know more?

Its so hard to get through to you Now 6 times I have said there is a problem with GPS for some……
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-11 09:44
It was someone else who was an engineer. But you are pulling numbers out your arse. We only know that loads of people are complaining about this issue in particular- you have no idea the percentages.
This was not a particularly good release from DJI. It was probably the worst in a long time, and people like Philip Bloom will readily admit that.  And the return rate correspondingly is so high. It isn’t “business as usual” in terms of bugs.
How will you feel when you get a $50 coupon for your RC Pro purchase?

If anyone gives you €50 for nothing its not the worse day you’ve ever had. Frankly I don’t need djis money, but I do find they way the marketed the whole thing either dumb or shady, but consideration for customers fell way below what I expected. I still think the drone is fine no worse than any other drone I bought at release “except for the SW” I think the Remote Control was the biggest disaster with this drone, No M3 should have been sold with it. But ill say it again a lot of the problems are down to users getting to grips with the drone and this will be seen when SW is released it will just add to the problems , but in time they’ll fade just as some are already fading.
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KlooGee Posted at 1-11 08:54
Yes, because the DJI video is showing flying in a relatively safe environment without only huge obstacles it needs to avoid.  Bloom is not at all in a similar environment!  Yes, it might have a chance at recognizing small bare branches a bit easier when moving at a slower pace, but its still a lot to ask of it.  DJI's video there isn't a bare branch in site that isn't 20ft above them!  You can call them both forests, but they aren't similar at all in terms of the actual risks that need to be interpreted and avoided.

I will also never get close to the 46 mins of flight time or 16km distance they advertise for the Mavic 3.  

You know if you took off without GPS lock and crashed, you’d be told RTFM but if you crash into a thin branch in the Amazon rainforest in AT you’d be told its djis fault, even though it clearly warns you of this in the manual.
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Remember the Fly updates from the last three or so months of the year? They finally got it right. It will be the same for the M3. Be a LITTLE patient. But still hold DJI accountable 'til it is right.
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-11 10:56
I think this release was definitely far worse than any other DJI drone, hence the return numbers and DJI extending the warranty, etc. This was a black eye for DJI.

The worse release ever was M1 by a country mile, it had more crashes than M3 craft sold, it had more conspiracy theories than any trumpers could come up with and the forums were lit up with the old saying “it was released before it was ready” and that saying can be seen after every dji drone and camera release since. That’s a fact.
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-11 11:10
I stand corrected. DJI totally botched that one by a mile. This is up there, but you are correct. Nowhere near as bad as that flaming poop dumpster fire.

But it is a complete fact that the M3 was 100% released before it was ready. That’s not a conspiracy theory. DJI basically admits that.

I wasn't particularly vested the M1 release, but I think the Spark ranks up there as "really poor", because it mixed product bugs with a less than mature audience (because of the low price point).  That one mixed all the worst of poor people and craft behavior.  And the reason why I think that the poor people behavior bleeds over to DJI responsibility is because it didn't take a genius to realize that if you put out an ill-prepared craft to a bunch of inexperienced pilots, you aren't going to get great results.
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 1-11 11:23
I wasn't particularly vested the M1 release, but I think the Spark ranks up there as "really poor", because it mixed product bugs with a less than mature audience (because of the low price point).  That one mixed all the worst of poor people and craft behavior.  And the reason why I think that the poor people behavior bleeds over to DJI responsibility is because it didn't take a genius to realize that if you put out an ill-prepared craft to a bunch of inexperienced pilots, you aren't going to get great results.

Spark was dogged with problems but a lot was new users never having flown before, and many crashes, and crashes always get real attention on this forum, you can see that from two previous crashed lost drone. But it did have some real problems , it also was missing lots of promised software but got a huge FW/SW update early on. I’m sorry I ever sold that drone it was such a solid drone and as long as you didn’t fly it to far it was a bundle of joy.
2022-1-11
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 11:33
Spark was dogged with problems but a lot was new users never having flown before, and many crashes, and crashes always get real attention on this forum, you can see that from two previous crashed lost drone. But it did have some real problems , it also was missing lots of promised software but got a huge FW/SW update early on. I’m sorry I ever sold that drone it was such a solid drone and as long as you didn’t fly it to far it was a bundle of joy.

My favorite is the Mini (I didn't purchase the Mini 2 or Mini SE).  But I did love the Spark too.  I gave my spark to my son.
2022-1-11
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NGC Posted at 1-11 08:21
And they travel with 20 Mavics to “sacrifice”.

Why can't a Mavic3 fly through a forest full of tiny bare branches while chasing a motorcycle, when John Wick can take down 30 guys with his bare hands??? LOLLLLL
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now