• Carbon fiber skeloton
  • Downward slanted arms
  • Larger propollers
  • Longer flight time
  • Flight controller, ISPs, codec, and neural engine on a single chip
  • Larger camera sensor
  • Forward, backward, and downward obstical sensors
  • USB-C and MicroSD
  • Extended batter (overall flight time increase)
  • Under 249 grams

https://dronedj.com/guides/dji-mini-3/
FHtWj4XVkAYobzk.jpeg
2022-1-1
Use props
Norfolk Terrier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46493 ft
United Kingdom

Lol drawn by a 6 year old for his school tech project!
2022-1-1
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Hi Bashy. If anything close to this. It may be  a great drone to invest in next time. Like the under 249 gr for all the points.
2022-1-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Carbon fibre shell, cost = £ OUCH
2022-1-1
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

i have a bad feeling that dji will lose focus with the mini being an entry level drone. if those improvements are implemented the mini will wind up being another drone north of $1000usd. maybe they will offer the mini in a basic and pro version.
2022-1-1
Use props
HighInBC
lvl.2
Philippines

dpeagle Posted at 1-1 12:06
i have a bad feeling that dji will lose focus with the mini being an entry level drone. if those improvements are implemented the mini will wind up being another drone north of $1000usd. maybe they will offer the mini in a basic and pro version.

To me the main attraction of the mini series is that it stays under 250 grams. If they can have more expensive versions with greater features and still stay within that weight limit I think it is a great option. If it is more expensive you may see the Mini 2 have a far greater life span being the less expensive option.
2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for sharing these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products / drones and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-1-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Norfolk Terrier Posted at 1-1 08:10

Yes, the fact that he 'concepted' it leaves a clue.
2022-1-1
Use props
brcDrone
New
United States

First sniff specs looks outstanding!
2022-1-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As with all leaks, only time will tell, would carbon fibre make it lighter than this cheapo plastic on the Minis already? i cant see it to be honest, adding all those sensor will take it mighty close to the 250g if not over, perhaps maybe just front and down and larger camera sensor, there's a lot of added weight in that leak...
2022-1-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rumors will always be there
2022-1-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can see one downside, the batteries are different i hope they are interchangeable at least...
2022-1-4
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

let's wait and see... he always draw things, also that way he cover his informant a little ;) as with photo it would be easier to find who did "share" info ;)
2022-1-4
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

KREMi Posted at 1-4 05:45
let's wait and see... he always draw things, also that way he cover his informant a little ;) as with photo it would be easier to find who did "share" info ;)

Has he been accurate before, or lots of fantasy?
2022-1-4
Use props
Max_K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 320505 ft
Canada

Honestly as things are, the mini 1/2 is prolly the worst drone a beginner could fly. It flies terribly in any wind over 15 kmph, and it has no obstacle avoidance, a + b making it pretty difficult to fly it anywhere but in the open. The only thing that's beginner friendly about it is price.

The main attraction for mini series is that you don't have to register it in most countries.
2022-1-4
Use props
Max_K
lvl.1
Canada

HighInBC Posted at 1-1 17:28
To me the main attraction of the mini series is that it stays under 250 grams. If they can have more expensive versions with greater features and still stay within that weight limit I think it is a great option. If it is more expensive you may see the Mini 2 have a far greater life span being the less expensive option.

This! I guess too many people see the price tag and immediately conclude it's a good first drone. I understand why they would, but mini 1/2 is the worst drone to get if you have no flight experience. Wind rattles it so bad and on top of that it has no obstacle avoidance.

Imho the best first drone right now from DJI is the Air 2 or if you can spare a bit more money, Air 2S.

Autel Evo nano with its better flight profile and obstacle avoidance is prolly the best beginner drone out there right now.
2022-1-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Max_K Posted at 1-4 08:37
Honestly as things are, the mini 1/2 is prolly the worst drone a beginner could fly. It flies terribly in any wind over 15 kmph, and it has no obstacle avoidance, a + b making it pretty difficult to fly it anywhere but in the open. The only thing that's beginner friendly about it is price.

Imagine that, making the pilot responsible for flying the drone, disgusting.

I only wish they had a switchable ATTI mode, personally I think they are great little drones. By comparison with the other mavics realtively cheap ( well the Mavic Mini was). My Mini 2 is second hand. If you don't know how to deal with the wind you shouldn't be flying. I have had a Phantom 3 blown away and was all set to ditch it before it was blown out of range, fortunately the gust dropped enough for it to start to make head way. I couldn't descend where it was.

Flown in the wrong conditions any drone is at risk.

Since most learners are likely to crash I'd rather crash a £300 drone than a £900+ drone.

2022-1-4
Use props
Max_K
lvl.1
Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-4 08:53
Imagine that, absolutely shocking, imagine making the pilot responsible for flying the drone, disgusting.

I'll try to put this in simpler terms.

Generally speaking, beginners need as much help as they can get to avoid running into something.

This drone is much more vulnerable to even slight winds than its bigger brothers.

This drone has no obstacle avoidance, so if wind is moving it towards something, it won't attempt to correct that.

I dunno how this earned a lecture on why you wouldn't fly if "you don't know how to deal with wind". You generally don't want to fight against the wind, which is why wind resistance levels and the wind warning you get in the app exist.
2022-1-4
Use props
Gif2D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

I still see affordability as a key factor for Mavic Mini series…
Or they'll continue selling SE (Mini SE, Mini2 SE)?
2022-1-4
Use props
djiuser_OImOOHaHChCu
lvl.1

Pakistan

There are a lot of rumors lately. As Autel is going to introduce their Nano series I think the mini 3 launch will be sooner than later.
2022-1-4
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

videoeditman Posted at 1-4 08:33
Has he been accurate before, or lots of fantasy?

He always spot on.

He had all the mavic 3 specs correct as far I remember.

Seems like it will have some ai as well. Maybe activetrack?

In EU this is a winner. I will get one asap :-)
2022-1-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Norfolk Terrier Posted at 1-1 08:10

That’s how most designs start pencil and paper
2022-1-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No because it will collide price wise with the Air 2s
2022-1-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Max_K Posted at 1-4 08:37
Honestly as things are, the mini 1/2 is prolly the worst drone a beginner could fly. It flies terribly in any wind over 15 kmph, and it has no obstacle avoidance, a + b making it pretty difficult to fly it anywhere but in the open. The only thing that's beginner friendly about it is price.

The main attraction for mini series is that you don't have to register it in most countries.

The mini 2 handles wind very well

Here is mine

2022-1-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_OImOOHaHChCu Posted at 1-4 10:43
There are a lot of rumors lately. As Autel is going to introduce their Nano series I think the mini 3 launch will be sooner than later.

Let’s hope so
2022-1-7
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-7 00:30
No because it will collide price wise with the Air 2s

IF, they implement all the changes in the op. their is no way the mini 3 would sell for less then 1000usd. even if it sold for the same price as the air 2s they would not directly compete with each other as the people that choose the mini 3 will buy it to get under the 250g limit.
2022-1-7
Use props
Timinator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3481985 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I get a lot more out of my Mini2 than just flying in 15km/h winds, as I suspect most people do.  It is a solid unit and has held it's own pushing 40km/h winds.  The Mini2 has allowed me to get some great images in areas where I can't fly anything else legally.  Lack of obstacle avoidance sensors makes me a better pilot since I am super situationally aware.
2022-1-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're forgetting about the camera, which will not compete, also the strengths of the drone will not compete, it will be weaker in winds compared to the Air variants, i suspect the Air 3 will also be a greater product and wont be far of the Mavic 2 and that's how each variant will work, they will creep up on the older versions but not directly compete, that's how it is now and it will continue that way. The Mini series has to evolve, it stands to reason that the Mini 3 will have to be better than the 2 and it will have to compete with what is out in the market now from other manufacturers, so sensor(s) and camera are the next obvious step, anything else is a bonus, such as airframe, motors etc, whilst improving, its also needs to keep the price tag low else it will price itself out of the sub 250g market, i cant see it hitting the £1k mark, prob somewhere around £600 to £800 for the flymore as it has to be under the air 2s enough to warrant am easy choice, if it was near the air 2s price point, i would go for the air 2s and just use the mini 2 for sub 250 stuff. OK I'm waffling, my opinions are just that, just how i see it is all

PS, as well as sensors, i would like to see better downward, i.e camera for precise landings, not that i use the ground often, but its small enough to land in tight spots so, yeah, precision landing would be nice
2022-1-7
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So cool. I really hope they drop a Mini FPV
2022-1-8
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 1-8 07:37
So cool. I really hope they drop a Mini FPV

When you say drop do you mean you want it or don’t. In my country the word drop would mean to cancel or stop doing it
My country is England by the way

2022-1-9
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Literally just a bunch of drawings of OsitaLV on Twitter. Nothing but his wishlist for the next drone.
2022-1-10
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-9 01:17
When you say drop do you mean you want it or don’t. In my country the word drop would mean to cancel or stop doing it

'Drop' is referring to release.

I'm from the UK and we use drop to refer to this as well up north. Could be an age thing though?
2022-1-10
Use props
JeremyToh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3974439 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Let me guess the price.... USD $1500?
2022-1-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DubSound Posted at 1-10 06:13
Literally just a bunch of drawings of OsitaLV on Twitter. Nothing but his wishlist for the next drone.

Actually, he is a DJI leaker and normally spot on or close to it

No way will the Mini 3 be a grand, no way!!
2022-1-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just look to the specs of the Autel Evo Nano and Nano+, that is what DJI will be competing with in terms of features and price.  

The one feature that I've not seen a single person talk about anywhere which I personally think is an absolute must is to have an option to be able to stay under 250 grams with prop guards installed.  This is absolutely essential so that it can be used in the US for Category 1 operations over people in the US.  I think the FAA surprised DJI when the final rule included a clause to not have exposed rotating parts that can lacerate human tissue.  This clause was not in the draft document, so DJI was caught off with this.  I don't think they'll miss this on the Mini 3.  Having this will make it an absolute must buy for every single 107 operator in the US!
2022-1-10
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-10 07:40
Actually, he is a DJI leaker and normally spot on or close to it

i bet most people thought that "no way" will the mavic 3 start at over $2000usd, let alone $2300.  what these rumors imply is a complete redesign (new camera, air frame, battery and internals). to have all these features at under 249g.  dji has never struck me as a company that sets the price of their drones based on the competition.
2022-1-10
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

Timinator Posted at 1-7 17:57
I get a lot more out of my Mini2 than just flying in 15km/h winds, as I suspect most people do.  It is a solid unit and has held it's own pushing 40km/h winds.  The Mini2 has allowed me to get some great images in areas where I can't fly anything else legally.  Lack of obstacle avoidance sensors makes me a better pilot since I am super situationally aware.

Agreed. Not sure what he is going on about it not being beginner friendly and it flies just fine in windy conditions. Obstacle avoidance sensors while nice aren't a requirement and if one relies solely on the sensors and avoidance algorithm you're asking for more trouble IMHO. Situational awareness counts for a lot more.
2022-1-10
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-10 07:40
Actually, he is a DJI leaker and normally spot on or close to it

Not having this argument with you, these are still the drawings of a dudes opinion.

2022-1-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DubSound Posted at 1-11 07:25
Not having this argument with you, these are still the drawings of a dudes opinion.

Stop replying then, but FYI, he is a well known DJI leaker lol
2022-1-11
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-9 01:17

I absolutely want it
I mean like big news.
2022-1-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules