31721 54 2022-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MatthewwBrennan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 859619 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Carbon fiber skeleton sounds fancy and pricey! A small camera sensor upgrade, some level of obstacle avoidance, and native active tracking would be more than enough for me!
2022-1-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MatthewwBrennan Posted at 1-14 03:01
Carbon fiber skeleton sounds fancy and pricey! A small camera sensor upgrade, some level of obstacle avoidance, and native active tracking would be more than enough for me!

You Just described the Autel Evo Nano Plus
2022-1-15
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

Therefore there will be no DJI Mini3 for sure, please read my post about the new DJI Mini 2 SE.
2022-1-15
Use props
OneSnark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 652231 ft
United States

To echo a thought. . .

I recently purchased a Mini 2 as a first "quasi-serious" drone- - -> and specifically picked this over the Air2S.

The *primary* driver for my decision was the registration requirements and the 249g limit.   Call me a privacy nut. . .but I don't want to be in a gooberment database of drone users I also figure that *future* restrictions would likely have a 249 cutoff as well.

Secondary driver for the choice is the perception that the mini2 is less obtrusive (less noise; smaller size) than the larger cousin.  I don't want people watchiing the drone and looking for the operator when flying about.

The extra sensors of the Air2 and the 1" sensor was a HUGE counter point, , , ,and nearly drove me to that option.

In balancing pros and cons (big vs small); I allowed the signficantly lower price of the Mini2 to bias the decision.  

SO:  If a 249g drone  comes out with more collision sensors and a larger sensor. . . . .at a reasonable cost  (Say Air2S price). . . .I would be down with that.  
I see "a competitor" released a drone with these features. . . . but I couldn't buy  it yet     (Drone in hand beats a drone I can't buy)

I do hear you all on the "wind resistance" of the lighter drone.  I have flown a couple of times in 10-15mph surface winds. . . .I could see it move around more than I liked; but the video was ok.  I think I am ok with that. (I am not a commercial operator - - so I don't have "must have" drone needs. (and if I was commercial; the Registration issue would be moot - - so I would buy a larger drone)

2022-1-18
Use props
The Elder
lvl.1

Canada

Maybe 2 variation of mini 3,  One cheaper with longer range and one more expensive with obstacle avoidance sensors. This will keep everyone happy. I only care about long range and HD streaming which mini 2 is falling behind compared to competition.
2022-1-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Elder Posted at 1-19 11:39
Maybe 2 variation of mini 3,  One cheaper with longer range and one more expensive with obstacle avoidance sensors. This will keep everyone happy. I only care about long range and HD streaming which mini 2 is falling behind compared to competition.

Make the DJI goggles work, thats what i want to see, hundreds wasted, i never thought DJI would stop them from working. I wonder if that too was a stipulation from the UK and other Gov's because to VLOS
2022-1-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DubSound Posted at 1-11 07:25
Not having this argument with you, these are still the drawings of a dudes opinion.

Dude……..for pity’s sake learn to speak correctly
2022-1-19
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 8743645 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Max_K Posted at 1-4 09:17
I'll try to put this in simpler terms.

Generally speaking, beginners need as much help as they can get to avoid running into something.

I can agree that the mini 1 is vulnerable, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on the part where the mini 2 is vulnerable. Like what others have noticed with their mini 2, mine has fought winds above 40kph no problem; while it was completely stable at 15kph. It will tilt at an angle while holding its position or when encountering a crosswind but never has it deviated from its position or course under 15kph winds. The only reason I would think it would be vulnerable to winds is if you didn't get a good gps lock, poor lighting, high geomagnetic disturbance, or faulty sensors or gps module. Otherwise, I don't see why it couldn't fight the wind.
2022-1-24
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

Max_K Posted at 1-4 09:17
I'll try to put this in simpler terms.

Generally speaking, beginners need as much help as they can get to avoid running into something.

As for the beginners, I agree that they need help to avoid running into stuff. Though in the same reasoning, as beginners, the first thing that comes to mind would be safety; which is flying in a larger open area as practice and would generally be safer than relying on obstacle avoidance while flying in tight spaces as practice. You can also just try a flight simulator before buying a drone (even though it is not an accurate representation of real world environmental factors, it is still better than nothing). Obstacle avoidance is great and can help, but it is not a necessity, and a lot of people I know do turn them off since they get confused under bright sunlight at times and just give of false warnings, and still are not sensitive enough to detect thinner obstacles like power lines etc. So tip to the beginner is still to always fly within line of sight and not rely on your sensors even though they do help.

2022-1-24
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

Max_K Posted at 1-4 08:46
This! I guess too many people see the price tag and immediately conclude it's a good first drone. I understand why they would, but mini 1/2 is the worst drone to get if you have no flight experience. Wind rattles it so bad and on top of that it has no obstacle avoidance.

Imho the best first drone right now from DJI is the Air 2 or if you can spare a bit more money, Air 2S.

If obstacle avoidance is the basis as the best first drone, then by that logic, the mavic 3 or skydio 2 would be better having a far useable omni obstacle avoidance system. The air2, 2s, and autel evo nano's front and back sensors do help, but like said, they can't detect everything and are as vulnerable on the sides still (and I've already seen even professionals crash them, heck someone already managed to crash a mavic 3 already). Again, obstacle sensor is very nice to have, but generally should be thought of as tool to assist if you plan to fly tight spaces or hard to get shots; somethings a beginner should not be focusing or trying to do while still trying to master flying basics.

And if you really are worried about the wind, do check weather and wind forecasts for your location before you are going to fly at all. Prevention while the drone is still on the ground is better than prevention when it's already up in the air.
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_N4Uyva6iSjOF
lvl.2

United States

Looking forward to it!  Not so sure about the price.
2022-3-8
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

If the mini series gets these specs - OA to that level and an upgraded camera - then the full size Mavic series is going to have to get the ability to fly through obstacles and travel through time to capture missed shots if it's going to be able to compete.
2022-3-8
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Obviously rumor images don't do anything to prove/disprove Remote ID, but I'm amazed that with all the fuss over new FAA laws that not many folks have mentioned this...  I guess everyone is just assuming RID will be included?  Because despite being under 250g, most people are going to really need 107 certification and drone registration with RID if they want to use their drone as a method of income (even if that is nothing more than a YouTube channel)...

Personally, I'm not sure this is the product that brings DJI into FAA legality...  I'd think they'd have a higher tier product for that.  And with that new controller and everything, I doubt anyone is going to pay those prices for a pure hobby drone.
2022-3-9
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

Hope that thay rembember bring back      Spark / Air 1   3x photo/video by power button - without pairing controller and phonefor me it is a dealbreaker
2022-3-16
Use props
IFLY DJI
lvl.2

United States

4 axis gimbal???  This thing looks like a bug but will be AWESOME!!!
2022-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules