Camera Mounting Plate Lever Adjustment (too loose)
3793 7 2022-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manz187
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15866 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi, can this lever be adjusted for tightening? It's quite loose and am worried it wont be able to maintain a tight grip on the lower quick release plate.

lever

lever

lever

lever

IMG_6929.jpeg
2022-1-1
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

pull up and adjust
2022-1-1
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Indio Posted at 1-1 09:54
pull up and adjust

That lever is unlike the pull up and adjust variety. No such adjustment
2022-1-1
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

ok, you are right, this is the only one without this feature : -(

send a mail to DJI support
2022-1-1
Use props
manz187
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Indio Ty for your help.

Im holding off on reaching out to DJI customer support for now, wait times are bonkers. Hope another helpful person like yourself may know but if I find the solution in the meantime will be sure to report back
2022-1-1
Use props
shepstyle
New
United States

So, I've never responded on one of these forums before, but the fix that I finally learned from a DJI rep was so helpful, I couldn't help but pass it along. As it turns out, the lever your referring to (located on the side of the mounting plate) is also the same lever used on the back of the quick-release plate, and neither of them have the simple, lift-and-turn functionality that readjusts the lever's optimal tightening position. However, if you take a H1.5 screwdriver and loosen the screw, you can, in fact, gain the clearance to "lift-and-turn" as with the other levers to reposition it. NOTE: It may seem like it's not working, but you have to almost back the screw completely out for it to work. Just be extra careful not to drop the screw because it's incredibly small and easy to lose.
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_8VxZb7RjwFcb
New

Egypt

Dod you find a solution i guess its not the lever problem cause it tighten well on the other quick release plate the bigger one,, did you find any solution or explanation why the plate itself is not tightened?
2023-1-17
Use props
dangonay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60315 ft
  • >>>
Canada

shepstyle Posted at 2022-9-1 19:15
So, I've never responded on one of these forums before, but the fix that I finally learned from a DJI rep was so helpful, I couldn't help but pass it along. As it turns out, the lever your referring to (located on the side of the mounting plate) is also the same lever used on the back of the quick-release plate, and neither of them have the simple, lift-and-turn functionality that readjusts the lever's optimal tightening position. However, if you take a H1.5 screwdriver and loosen the screw, you can, in fact, gain the clearance to "lift-and-turn" as with the other levers to reposition it. NOTE: It may seem like it's not working, but you have to almost back the screw completely out for it to work. Just be extra careful not to drop the screw because it's incredibly small and easy to lose.

Bump…

I tried to use a Smallrig plate on my RS3 and it wouldn’t fit into the lower camera bracket (far too tight). I tried my RS3 Pro plate and sure enough it was also too tight and wouldn’t go in. However, all 3 plates fit the RS3 Pro, though the Smallrig one was the tightest.

Did a search and found this thread. It worked perfectly. Back the screw out enough so the lever lifts off the splines, adjusted the position and now my Smallrig plate fits perfectly.

Since my RS3 and RS3 Pro were adjusted differently I think DJI is adjusting each one individually as needed.

Thanks for the post, fixed my problem.
2023-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules