Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xavier1984
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579088 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hello,
I'm trying to understand why adobe lightroom up to date gives me bad result when i developp raw dng well exposed.

Anyone use the free software Rawtherapee (multi os) ?

When I open a raw dng in both software without any treatment (sharp, denoise etc..), the developed raw is totally different in term of sharpness and color: the image is a lot better in Rawtherapee.

Im enjoying if someone want to try to develop a raw dng with Rawtherapee and compare with Lightroom.

Any feedback ?

However im waiting that Capture One add dng from the mavic 3 to their software

2022-1-1
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I'll be <censored>.  Yes I do have RawTherapee, and yes the unedited unmodified file in either presents differently from the other.  But I'm finding that the RawTherapee version is more "flat", and the Lightroom version seems a lot less flat (more color).  Exact same raw picture.
2022-1-1
Use props
Xavier1984
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Charles Adams Posted at 1-1 13:15
Well I'll be .  Yes I do have RawTherapee, and yes the unedited unmodified file in either presents differently from the other.  But I'm finding that the RawTherapee version is more "flat", and the Lightroom version seems a lot less flat (more color).  Exact same raw picture.

The flatness is not the biggest issue. Do you have tested with a raw dng and compare the sharpness ? It is totally different and really better in rawtherapee.

2022-1-1
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xavier1984 Posted at 1-1 13:26
The flatness is not the biggest issue. Do you have tested with a raw dng and compare the sharpness ? It is totally different and really better in rawtherapee.

There is a difference in the sharpness, I see it now.
2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Xavier1984. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since these are 3rd party software to edit your your captured footage. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who uses the said 3rd party software ( Lightroom vs Rawtherapee ) and with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2022-1-1
Use props
Xavier1984
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Charles Adams Posted at 1-1 14:03
There is a difference in the sharpness, I see it now.

Yes the difference is huge. I dont understand people love lightroom as this software give poor quality. In any case it is good to know that you observ the same thing on your system
2022-1-2
Use props
Xavier1984
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-1 18:22
Hello there Xavier1984. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since these are 3rd party software to edit your your captured footage. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who uses the said 3rd party software ( Lightroom vs Rawtherapee ) and with regards to this matter. Thank you.

Hello, yes i know it is not 100% related to dji as the dng is mixed by dji ! We will see the feedback from others users
2022-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules