Does Master Airscrew or any after-market props void warranty/care?
4312 12 2022-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

Just curious if any after-market props will void the warranty or my DJI Care refresh, I've thought about picking some up for my DJI Air 2s.
2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hawkeye Dronography. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses this propellers ( Master Airscrew ) on there DJI Air 2S. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drones specially propellers. Propellers are on of the most important and main components of the drone that should not be taken for granted when flying your DJI drone in terms of compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI drones and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.
2022-1-1
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-1 19:11
Hello there Hawkeye Dronography. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses this propellers ( Master Airscrew ) on there DJI Air 2S. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Drones specially propellers. Propellers are on of the most important and main components of the drone that should not be taken for granted when flying your DJI drone in terms of compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI drones and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.

Does it void warranty?
2022-1-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If there's a reasonable suspicion that the loss was caused by the propellers, of course it would be on you.
2022-1-1
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-1 19:29
If there's a reasonable suspicion that the loss was caused by the propellers, of course it would be on you.

Well of course, but my question was would the actual act of installing third party props void a warranty?
2022-1-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe the bigger question is...how would they know? Do they have spies in your house....maybe.
2022-1-1
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-1 20:54
Maybe the bigger question is...how would they know? Do they have spies in your house....maybe.

I mean if you ask me, a flying camera with all sorts of sensors, wouldn't surprise me lol.

No but you got a good point. Didn't even think of that.
2022-1-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Hawkeye Dronography Posted at 1-1 21:13
I mean if you ask me, a flying camera with all sorts of sensors, wouldn't surprise me lol.

No but you got a good point. Didn't even think of that.

What's to gain by using different props anyway?
Is there any problem with the originals?
Do you think that DJI's propulsion engineers didn't select the best match?
2022-1-1
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-1 22:13
What's to gain by using different props anyway?
Is there any problem with the originals?
Do you think that DJI's propulsion engineers didn't select the best match?

Master Airscrew claims this in their description:

LONGER FLIGHT TIME - Improved efficiency offer up to 8% longer flight time compared to the OEM propellers. Get additional about 2.5 min of extra flight time for those best shots you aim for. *Performance may vary depending on flight conditions.
LOW-NOISE QUIET OPERATION - Less disturbing flights with up to -2.0dB aircraft noise reduction and noticeable decrease in sound pitch. (up to 37% sound power reduction) *Nominal values compared to the OEM propellers.
IMPROVED AGILITY AND TOP SPEED - Get up to 2mph additional top speed and enhanced agility in Normal and in Sport mode. *Performance may vary depending on flight conditions.
INCREASED POWER RESERVE - Substantial flight improvement in SPORT mode and HIGH ALTITUDE flights. Extra power for unexpected situations.

Mainly, I just want them for the colorful options they make.
2022-1-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Hawkeye Dronography Posted at 1-1 22:15
Master Airscrew claims this in their description:

LONGER FLIGHT TIME - Improved efficiency offer up to 8% longer flight time compared to the OEM propellers. Get additional about 2.5 min of extra flight time for those best shots you aim for. *Performance may vary depending on flight conditions.

I'd take those with a grain of salt.
I note they all include the words *up to*
If they provide more thrust for high altitude flying, that suggests a greater pitch - a bit like using a lower gear in your car.
Longer flight time and greater top speed sounds like an unlikely combination.
If you get some it would be interesting to see the flight data to confirm (or not) the top speed claim.
2022-1-1
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-1 22:28
I'd take those with a grain of salt.
I note they all include the words *up to*
If they provide more thrust for high altitude flying, that suggests a greater pitch - a bit like using a lower gear in your car.

I’ve actually watched multiple videos and the difference in either of the claims are negligible. Either way, I just like the colors lol
2022-1-1
Use props
wildflowerryete
lvl.1

Philippines

Just have it installed after the warranty expires.
2023-2-22
Use props
Jake Andrew
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

defiantly if the props cause a problem.
2023-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules