iPad Mini 6 does not connect to P4P
4801 18 2022-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 751827 ft
Singapore

My P4P controller does not connect to iPad mini 6. It shows disconnected using the GO4 app.
2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please try to connect the remote controller to the iPad when charging the remote controller? After a connection prompt appears on the app, remove the remote controller’s charging cable.
2022-1-1
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Singapore

Just tested as advised. Still showing disconnected. I have a P4PV1 and GL300F controller. Controller is connected to the AC, but RC and iPad mini 6 disconnected.
2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

OzoneTech Posted at 1-1 22:53
Just tested as advised. Still showing disconnected. I have a P4PV1 and GL300F controller. Controller is connected to the AC, but RC and iPad mini 6 disconnected.
[view_image]

Thanks for your reply. We would suggest you check the following things first.
1. Disconnect and reconnect the cable (from the mobile phone and the remote controller). Wait 10 seconds before reconnecting the cable. If there are other cables, you can replace other cables.
2. Restart the remote controller.
3. Try to reinstall the app after the important information is synced successfully and restart the mobile device. Then try connecting again.
4. Switch to a device with a different operating system (Android <--> iOS).
2022-1-2
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Singapore

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-2 01:01
Thanks for your reply. We would suggest you check the following things first.
1. Disconnect and reconnect the cable (from the mobile phone and the remote controller). Wait 10 seconds before reconnecting the cable. If there are other cables, you can replace other cables.
2. Restart the remote controller.

I have tested all that you mentioned. The P4PV1 does not connect with iPad Mini 6. It has no problem connecting with any other mobile device. The same iPad mini connects to the Mavic Mini 1 I have with DJI Fly App. I have also made some enquiry and found iPad Mini6 connects to P4PV2 and other Mavic series drones. It is P4PV1 and Inspire 1 & 2 drones that do not connect. Please check with your technical, and propose a solution.
2022-1-2
Use props
djiuser_4X50PSrnfbXS
New

United States

Has there been any more developments on this issue. I’m having the same issue after trying all the above steps as well. Please help.!!
2022-7-5
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Singapore

djiuser_4X50PSrnfbXS Posted at 7-5 16:13
Has there been any more developments on this issue. I’m having the same issue after trying all the above steps as well. Please help.!!

It is very clear that DJI do not intend to resolve this issue. They have been BLUFFING in asking customers to do this and that exposing them as complete idiots.
2022-7-5
Use props
J.P. Espinosa
lvl.1
Chile

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-1 22:29
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please try to connect the remote controller to the iPad when charging the remote controller? After a connection prompt appears on the app, remove the remote controller’s charging cable.

I have the exact same problem with my P4P V1 and my Samsung Tab S2. They worked seamlessly for 5 years and suddenly they became a very expensive set of paperweights, I’ve tried everything but to no avail. DJI’s response has been truly disappointing.
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

OzoneTech Posted at 1-2 01:44
I have tested all that you mentioned. The P4PV1 does not connect with iPad Mini 6. It has no problem connecting with any other mobile device. The same iPad mini connects to the Mavic Mini 1 I have with DJI Fly App. I have also made some enquiry and found iPad Mini6 connects to P4PV2 and other Mavic series drones. It is P4PV1 and Inspire 1 & 2 drones that do not connect. Please check with your technical, and propose a solution.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We apologize for the inconvenience. May we know have you tested it on the iPad with the system version with system version prior to iPadOS 15?  During testing of the iPadOS 14, the iPad could be connected normally to the DJI GO4 app. However, when the iPad is updated to iPadOS 15, the connection may fail. The DJI engineers are currently working to resolve this issue. Currently, if you want to use an iPad to connect to the remote controller, please charge the remote controller with a charger. Connect the remote controller to the iPad when charging the remote controller. After a connection prompt appears on the app, remove the remote controller’s charging cable. If you have urgent recording tasks, we recommend that you try an iPad with a system version prior to iPadOS 15 or an Android mobile device to avoid disconnection issues. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

J.P. Espinosa Posted at 8-2 17:34
I have the exact same problem with my P4P V1 and my Samsung Tab S2. They worked seamlessly for 5 years and suddenly they became a very expensive set of paperweights, I’ve tried everything but to no avail. DJI’s response has been truly disappointing.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. We apologize for the inconvenience. May we know have you reinstalled DJI GO 4 App from our website t have a try? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/phantom-4-pro
2022-8-5
Use props
djiuser_L87JMe0UYFMW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2312756 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you've got a Phantom 4 Pro v1 and an iPad Mini 6 that won't work together, I've found a USB A to USB C adapter and charging cord combo that will make it work. I've tried dozens of combos, and this finally worked! Links below.

Syntech USB C Female to USB Male Adapter Type C to USB A Converter Compatible with iPhone 13 12 Pro Max iPad Air 6 Apple Watch Series 7 AirPods 3 Samsung Galaxy etc Silver https://a.co/d/174caKg

Super Fast Charger Type C, 25W USB-C Fast Charging Block with 10FT Android Phone Charger Cable for Samsung Galaxy S22/S22 Ultra/S22+/S21/S21 Ultra/S21+/S21 FE/Note 20 S20 Ultra/Note 10 Plus/Z Fold 3 https://a.co/d/gBoeaDR
2022-8-30
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Singapore

djiuser_L87JMe0UYFMW Posted at 8-30 15:26
If you've got a Phantom 4 Pro v1 and an iPad Mini 6 that won't work together, I've found a USB A to USB C adapter and charging cord combo that will make it work. I've tried dozens of combos, and this finally worked! Links below.

Syntech USB C Female to USB Male Adapter Type C to USB A Converter Compatible with iPhone 13 12 Pro Max iPad Air 6 Apple Watch Series 7 AirPods 3 Samsung Galaxy etc Silver https://a.co/d/174caKg

Hi!
I too bought this Syntech adaptor. It did not work for me. I have made a video on this
2022-8-30
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6562 ft

Poland

DJI has been trying to fix the USB-C issue since 11.2021 r.
The iPad mini 6 was presented on 9.2021 r.
The last Phantom 4 Pro V1 / Advanced firmware update is from 2020 r.
Now we have 2023 r.
For me, this is DJI's clear answer to user needs.
2023-4-20
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Singapore

Bartłomiej Posted at 4-20 08:50
DJI has been trying to fix the USB-C issue since 11.2021 r.
The iPad mini 6 was presented on 9.2021 r.
The last Phantom 4 Pro V1 / Advanced firmware update is from 2020 r.

I finally got my P4PV1 exchanged for a P4PV2.0 from DJI. Since then it is working fine with iPad Mini 6.
2023-4-20
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

So when will the iPad mini 6 start working with the RC Phantom 4 Advanced?
2023-5-2
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

2023-5-2
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

2023-5-2
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I don't think DJI has any intention of getting the iPad mini 6 working on the Phantom 4 Pro.  I have the cable showing up that was suggested in another post.  Hopefully it works or I water my money yet again.  I already had the adapter.  Otherwise I will be left buying a iPad mini 4, which I don't want to do.  I owned one and sold it a while ago when I bought my iPad mini 6 thinking it would work with the Phantom 4 Pro.  I know I should have tested it.  I just assumed it would work, but the drone was in storage for the winter.  I learned a valuable lesson.
2023-5-3
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

djiuser_L87JMe0UYFMW Posted at 2022-8-30 15:26

Can you show pictures showing this combo working?  Not that I don’t believe you.  It’s that I have bought tons of cords and adapters.  I have pretty much been promised this cable will work with this adapter and doesn’t work.  So I feel I am constantly being put on wild goose chases, wasting money on cables and adapters.  You have to see it from my side.
2023-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules