22532 18 2022-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I know the Litchi App is now available supporting the SDK but it requires you to buy the Beta ($25) whereas with Rainbow for DJI Drones you can try all the new features for free with the 5 tries available

NB! I will be covering Litchi, but this will at least allow you to get your feet wet

2022-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any idea what the beta version number is for the Litch release,   looking for the APK to load onto the smart controller manually.
2022-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-2 01:49
Any idea what the beta version number is for the Litch release,   looking for the APK to load onto the smart controller manually.

Looks like the version is

Litchi v4.20,0_BETA-g Build 30003970

2022-1-2
Use props
Traper50
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390128 ft

Poland

Thanks for sharing
2022-1-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great news that the Android SDK was finally released for Mini2.  What a nice way to start off 2022.
2022-1-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for posting this video you have created. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-1-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice idea!
2022-1-4
Use props
djiuser_f5PXISCJdqsG
New
Flight distance : 17356 ft
United Kingdom

So why doesn't DJI offer these features.
2022-1-5
Use props
Turbo1ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1322582 ft
Canada

djiuser_f5PXISCJdqsG Posted at 1-5 05:58

Because this is not the real thing. Those third party apps use your phone to do the tracking and send controller inputs to the drone. DJI decided to not include active tracking on the drone itself, it's their decision, marketing strategy probably, and nobody else can do it.
2022-1-5
Use props
P3LiGr0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6982743 ft
Spain

2022-1-9
Use props
Gigabomb
New
United States

Anyone use a Galaxy S21 and have any luck with Rainbow or Litchi?  Both seem to load without issue but when I try and take off the app either freezes or crashes completely.
2022-1-10
Use props
Fat Controller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155246 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To get a definitive answer itt would make more  sense to ask that question of DJI directly rather than asking on a forum where lots of people will have their own ldeas on what DJI should or should not be offering. Who know what DJI's reasons are other than DJI themselves?
2022-1-16
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

They offer it on their more expensive drones.
Do the math.  
(it could be implemented the same way litchi does it, but they'd prefer you buy a matrice)
2022-1-16
Use props
djiuser_uysjfbkZkfDp
New
Flight distance : 951 ft
Thailand

DAFlys Posted at 1-2 07:13
Looks like the version is

Litchi v4.20,0_BETA-g Build 30003970

I see lots of 'scammy sites' offering that APK, when you ask litchi about mini-2 support they say sign up for beta, and background will automatically update you ( IT DOES NOT )

They say run 'www.flylitchi.com/beta', and its says "Your signed up for beta", but still no beta, since install my version is 4.18, came in fron amazon-apps, same price as google-play, this was months ago, signed up for beta, and still no upgrade, the morons at litchi always say the same thing "sign up for beta', and it will download. No it does not self-update.

There should be a get-update button for paying customers, just like DJI.

At this point the litchi is GARBAGE random disconnects,

There there is this issue of having to download the 4.20 beta from questionable sites, when I ask litchi they say to run 4.20-a, but MUST wait for background automatic download, coming when? How many years?

Most of the 100's of pro-litchi sites on youtube, have nobody telling the truth about litchi, and how hard it is to connect and stay connected, and once installed when I run DJI ( which works ), it automatically runs litchi, which I have to hard kill ( force abort )

Then litchi uses 90% of CPU even when client is off, 2GB of memory, and to use you must enable SMS, PHONE, location, disk, microphone, and camera, why in the hell do they need the mobile phone camera, and access to SMS records and phone logs?

When you run DJI its just storage&location and your good to go, and it works.

litchi sucks, its feces-ware, dung-ware, and essentially shiiiite-ware.

No wonder DJI refuses to honor warranty on drones running this crap-ware, they control by comm phone-controller, and when they lose connection your drone is GONE. The connections are hard to make, and easily vanish. Suck-Ware is Litchi.

So lets get this right, Litchi is not sending out the updates, so you must find a scam-site on google.com then download an unknown file, and then give that file 100% access to everything on your phone, including bank records and passwords, and SMS logs; Sheesh, and its all run out of UK ( city of london ), Serco-Group RCA-UK. Imagine that, why would anybody want 100% privacy info on nerds flying drones? The only thing I can guess is that they're looking for CP so they can OWN drone users, or just rip them off, there has to be an angle to this.

In the meantime DJI just delivers the goods without the SPYWARE.

The software is crap, but Litchy (UK) is paying Millions of US Dollars to 'influencers' on Youtube to pump and get people to install this crap. Just another example of CIA&MI6 working closely together.

2022-1-18
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I can't even begin to understand any of the things you mentioned - on a Lg G7 ThinQ with Android 10.
Sign up for the beta test on the Ltichi website. Then it took me almost 2 hours until the Litchi APP in the Google PlayStore was informed that I was now activated for the beta program. Then I downloaded and installed the Litchi APP (beta) (from the Play Store - why should I have installed the "normal" APP beforehand and then get an update to the beta?). Incidentally, it is also clearly stated that when using Litchi, the DJI APP must be closed (must be forced) or vice versa!
Whenever I connect the DJI controller to my cell phone, I am asked which app I want to start and it works perfectly!
A short flight test in the apartment also worked without complaint.
I don't know what that looks like with the follow mode yet.
It's a strong piece that you describe others as liars here!
2022-1-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_uysjfbkZkfDp Posted at 1-18 22:30
I see lots of 'scammy sites' offering that APK, when you ask litchi about mini-2 support they say sign up for beta, and background will automatically update you ( IT DOES NOT )

They say run 'www.flylitchi.com/beta', and its says "Your signed up for beta", but still no beta, since install my version is 4.18, came in fron amazon-apps, same price as google-play, this was months ago, signed up for beta, and still no upgrade, the morons at litchi always say the same thing "sign up for beta', and it will download. No it does not self-update.

Im running the Litchi beta on my smart controller.  Works well with the Mini2 for waypoint missions,  not tried active track yet as it doesn't interest me at all.
2022-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ozoffi Posted at 1-18 22:58
I can't even begin to understand any of the things you mentioned - on a Lg G7 ThinQ with Android 10.
Sign up for the beta test on the Ltichi website. Then it took me almost 2 hours until the Litchi APP in the Google PlayStore was informed that I was now activated for the beta program. Then I downloaded and installed the Litchi APP (beta) (from the Play Store - why should I have installed the "normal" APP beforehand and then get an update to the beta?). Incidentally, it is also clearly stated that when using Litchi, the DJI APP must be closed (must be forced) or vice versa!
Whenever I connect the DJI controller to my cell phone, I am asked which app I want to start and it works perfectly!

Well said ozoffi,   Im running it on my Smart Controller and so far no issues at all.
2022-1-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_uysjfbkZkfDp Posted at 1-18 22:30

Small update,  tested the two active track modes,   tracking the controller worked OK with me walking but the standard follow mode where you draw a box around the subject just will not work. I suspect the smart controller doesn't have enough CPU power to process it.
2022-1-19
Use props
djiuser_VPNS1A2eKcly
New
Switzerland

Hello everyone, I’ve just recently bought the fly more bundle DJ1 mini 2 but on the DJ1 app I don’t see the follow me option yet the product seems to have the more. Do I need a different app for it ?

Kindest regards
Edgar
2022-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules