Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any ETA on the January FW update?
123Next >
4108 111 2022-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it going to be like January 31st?
Did anyone hear anything?
if you did, please share!
2022-1-2
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought the December FW Update was an early Christmas gift?
2022-1-2
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 1-2 18:16
I thought the December FW Update was an early Christmas gift?

Heck no!
It was a bone since there was so many complaining about the $3K..$5K drone being plain unusable.
2022-1-2
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

The rumor I have heard is January 22nd.
2022-1-2
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

seattle_helo Posted at 1-2 19:06
The rumor I have heard is January 22nd.

Ouch... oh well, I guess, not much we can do...
2022-1-2
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Can't wait to see it when we do get it.
2022-1-2
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 1-2 19:35
Can't wait to see it when we do get it.

#metoo, my friend, #metoo
2022-1-2
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

My preference is they not rush it.  DJI does not "rush" very well.  Give us a solid update, even if it takes some extra time.  Maybe beta test it before we do.
2022-1-2
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-2 20:08
My preference is they not rush it.  DJI does not "rush" very well.  Give us a solid update, even if it takes some extra time.  Maybe beta test it before we do.

Tru, tru.. But you understand the anxiety
2022-1-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DarthSLR. Good day and thank you for the inquiry.  As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and releases for the DJI Mavic 3 and with regard to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2022-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Id seen somewhere January 17th but I wouldn't put much trust in it as the firmware seems to have come early.
2022-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Chinese New Year begins after 22nd January, so I think thats how this date did the rounds. So hopefully on or before that. I’m sure people will start to speculate as the weeks go by as to when and what we will be getting this month. There is quite a list of missing bits still to the Mavic 3, lets hope , they make this a BIG update and hop we won’t have to wait too long for it.
2022-1-3
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 1-2 18:35
Heck no!
It was a bone since there was so many complaining about the $3K..$5K drone being plain unusable.

If you need automated flight modes for a drone to be usable, then you should probably be looking at the Air 2S instead.
2022-1-3
Use props
Fabrizioooo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3312001 ft
France

KerryG Posted at 1-3 06:27
If you need automated flight modes for a drone to be usable, then you should probably be looking at the Air 2S instead.

It is not automated modes that are missing, but camera settings that disappeared since Mavic 2 Pro like HQ mode that give an equivalent of 35mm, settings to change sharpness or contrast, the ability to have manual settings for the 7x sensor AND raw pictures, etc. Also to be able to disable collision sensors or vision positioning... theses are not "optional features", it is mandatory for a drone at this price that aims professionals
2022-1-3
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-3 02:05
Id seen somewhere January 17th but I wouldn't put much trust in it as the firmware seems to have come early.

That would be nice!
2022-1-3
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-3 02:28
Chinese New Year begins after 22nd January, so I think thats how this date did the rounds. So hopefully on or before that. I’m sure people will start to speculate as the weeks go by as to when and what we will be getting this month. There is quite a list of missing bits still to the Mavic 3, lets hope , they make this a BIG update and hop we won’t have to wait too long for it.

That would make sense, innit?
2022-1-3
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KerryG Posted at 1-3 06:27

Kerry, I wish, but I'm not a drone collector, not planning on having more than one.
In fact, if M3 didn't have all those issues so many of us have experienced, I would have already put my previous item (M2P) for sale.
And I do like bigger sensor and longer flight times on M3, and the convenience and fast speed of SSD in M3C, so A2S would not cut it for me.
I'm a person's of fairly limited needs, so as long as DJI keeps their promises and delivers the rest of the features, supposedly this month or so, I'll be a happy flier with M3.
2022-1-3
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fabrizioooo Posted at 1-3 07:45
It is not automated modes that are missing, but camera settings that disappeared since Mavic 2 Pro like HQ mode that give an equivalent of 35mm, settings to change sharpness or contrast, the ability to have manual settings for the 7x sensor AND raw pictures, etc. Also to be able to disable collision sensors or vision positioning... theses are not "optional features", it is mandatory for a drone at this price that aims professionals

Hear, hear! Manual modes and panoramas, that's the biggest wish. And bug fixes of course.
2022-1-3
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-3
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-3 10:10
I thought Chinese New Year is on February 1? So in theory they could wait until the last hour of the last day of the month....
It would be nice to have them fix the long satellite acquisition/homepoint time. It is pretty horrible after the 12/10 update.
And panoramas would be nice.

Ah, you, you are correct, it's Feb 1st, at least according to all-knowing Google.
And yes, the laundry list of Mavic 3 ongoing issues, missing features, and pure bugs is probably already longer than all the previous DJI drones combined for all times.
I just hope they will fix the most important ones, so make this drone
1) reliable
2) actually usable.
As of now, I don't trust it enough, at least not as much as I trust my old good Mavic 2 Pro. That one I did put through some paces and it always came up on top. M3 is still on a very short leash in every respect.
When flying, I spend more time being concerned if it would work correctly this time and make it back in one piece, as opposed to thinking about what I'm actually set to do.
What a pity for a $5K piece of hardware...
But I digress...
2022-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-3 10:10
I thought Chinese New Year is on February 1? So in theory they could wait until the last hour of the last day of the month....
It would be nice to have them fix the long satellite acquisition/homepoint time. It is pretty horrible after the 12/10 update.
And panoramas would be nice.

Chinese New Year never starts on the same day as last one. But always is between 21st January and 20th February. This year it starts 1st February but holidays begin earlier IE last week January.
2022-1-3
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, consider this my friends and peers...  do we want to install an update on the day before (or day of) the support staff going on a vacation?

I'LL DO IT!
2022-1-3
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-3
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Folks / Dji Support,

Noticed that no one mentioned regarding HLG / HDR 10 video mode missing on Mavic 3. Looking forward to getting HLG enabled in upcoming January firmware. Could DJI please confirm it is being worked on to be enabled in upcoming firmware update.

Thank you in advance, Mike.
2022-1-3
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-3
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 1-2 19:52
#metoo, my friend, #metoo

"#metoo"
2022-1-3
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-3 12:23
Well, consider this my friends and peers...  do we want to install an update on the day before (or day of) the support staff going on a vacation?

I'LL DO IT!

chinese new year is more than a typical vacation and more like falling off the face of the earth cannot be reached.  there's no way i would drop a release right before chinese new year unless it took 3 week to trickle out.  let's be honest, if you can't roll it out this week, i would wait until spring.
2022-1-3
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-3 12:23
Well, consider this my friends and peers...  do we want to install an update on the day before (or day of) the support staff going on a vacation?

I'LL DO IT!

LOL, good point.
I haven't thought of that.
2022-1-3
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-3 18:38
chinese new year is more than a typical vacation and more like falling off the face of the earth cannot be reached.  there's no way i would drop a release right before chinese new year unless it took 3 week to trickle out.  let's be honest, if you can't roll it out this week, i would wait until spring.

Fair point there as well. Basically, if it's not out like Jan 10-15, it would not be a good idea to install it during late Jan/early Feb.
2022-1-3
Use props
EFRPIC
lvl.4

United States

My cents and putting my Johnny Carson Carnac hat on....(dates me - no carbon needed)

There will be a reliability firmware update for the M3 and both controller types in the range of Jan 22. Features that have not been added yet may or may not be included. I'd rather they concentrate on overall stability of the platform.

If new (promised at release) features ARE added, I would be concerned that any "quick fixes" could not be done prior to the New Year's break as have been mentioned in previous entries on this post. A big risk for them.

Over and out...for now.

2022-1-3
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Apart from almost unusable OA and waiting forever for GPS fix I am happy with my M3 and RC Pro (Great product)  and my 4+ years of experience make me shiver before updating the new FW as usually they broke (GPS slow on M# ) or restrict something instead of mending it
But on 22 of Jan, we will see - I'll wait a day or two to hear beta testers complaints
2022-1-3
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 1-3 23:11
Apart from almost unusable OA and waiting forever for GPS fix  I am happy with my M3 and RC Pro (Great product)  and my 4+ years of experience make me shiver before updating the new FW  as usually they broke (GPS slow on M#  ) or restrict something instead of mending it   
But on 22 of Jan, we will see - I'll wait a day or two to hear beta testers complaints

Hi alex_markov,
... yesterday I called the DJI support and asked about the problem with the GPS lock ...
The support told me that DJI didn't know anything about this. One would not pay attention to the forum posts! There would be no (general) problem with the GPS lock! He asked me to do a factory reset of the RC Pro (or to test the standard controller) ...

If this doesn't help, it would indicate a defective GPS module in the Mavic 3 ...

Why a factory reset of the RC Pro could help here is not clear to me at all ... Maybe I can imagine that this can fix general connection problems (between the RC Pro and Mavic 3) ...

Right now I'm pretty helpless ...

2022-1-4
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-4
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-3 16:39
DJI won’t even confirm they the release is coming in January. I heard from a credible source that they are now targeting “mid February”. Don’t count on HLG anytime soon. And no robot support staff here will confirm anything at all. They are contractors located in the Philippines who know absolutely nothing and likely have never even used a single DJI product.

Wow thank you for the info NGC. Thought I would at least try to raise awareness here on the forum.
2022-1-4
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-4
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

I'm in no hurry, had to send the RC Pro and M3 back to DJI for multiple problems.  Hopefully they will replace both but I am grounded until late January.
2022-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe someone can explain how dji can quicken or slow down how fast we receive gps, surely this is down to our hardware. My gps takes 20/40 seconds to receive 12 sats or full go, when I change battery my gps is instant. How fast was it and how fast should it be ?
2022-1-4
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-4
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-4 05:55
Maybe someone can explain how dji can quicken or slow down how fast we receive gps, surely this is down to our hardware. My gps takes 20/40 seconds to receive 12 sats or full go, when I change battery my gps is instant. How fast was it and how fast should it be ?

As it was explained by some knowledgeable people earlier, sats are cached, so when you change the batteries they are still in drone's memory.
However, the cold start is, well, cold, meaning the cache is stale, and the actual acquisition is to be performed.
2022-1-4
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-4 06:21
It has to do with precision and thresholds in the TTFF (Time to First Fix). There are explanations online about this. (Mavicpilots has a whole thread of people that prior to the update it worked just fine and in the same locations, they have to now wait 3-5 mins). That is why it got a lot worse with the most recent update - they now don't allow TTFF until there is 12 satellites (on average). But that is only one of the factors they changed.  Many people face a number of minutes of it just sitting there before the homepoint is updated. Historically, DJI drones (including the Mavic 3) were about 60 seconds or less. After the Dec 10 update, the M3 is much, much worse for most people.

Yes, I agree.
I have never had to wait that long with Mavic 2.
The differences are:
M3 uses BeiDou constellation
M3 changed some hardware/software? Hopefully just firmware, and then it's fixable.
2022-1-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules