M300 Zenmuse P1 Gimbal yaw
1177 2 2022-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

Canada

How can I yaw the P1's gimbal to the same angle as the aircraft heading so that it is pointing straight ahead?

I have tried creating a DJIWaypointV2Action with a DJIGimbalRotation actuator and passing values for pitch and yaw. The pitch value works as expected and the camera points straight down (-90). However the yaw value does not do anything. Since the mode is set to DJIGimbalRotationModeAbsoluteAngle I would have expected the gimbal to have pointed in the direction of the aircraft heading (as per the docs) but it does nothing.

If this isn't the way to do it, is there a way to reset the yaw of the gimbal to 0 degrees relative to the body frame?

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 10.00.42 PM.png
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_OR8EW5uz3gSA
lvl.4

United States

My bad, I misread the documentation - Angle rotation is relative to true North in WaypointV2MissionAction rather than aircraft heading.
I found it is easier to call the resetWithCompletion function of the DJIGimbal class to reset the gimbal axes prior to loading the mission.

Alternatively I guess I could have called rotateWithRotation:completion directly in the DJIGimbal class and then that rotation would have been relative to the aircraft heading
2022-1-3
Use props
djiUserX
New

United Kingdom

Did this work for you? Were you able to programmatically change the YAW for the gimbal on reaching a waypoint?
2022-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules