Problem with streaming
4771 9 2022-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HarmB
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi all,

I want to use my Pocket 2 to setup a live stream.
I hooked on the do it all stick, connected to the Mimo app and selected "Live Stream".

So far so good but when trying to setup the stream, no wifi points are being detected and the connection between Mimo app and Pocket 2 gets lost.

I tried this several times, tried another Iphone and other Do it all extension but nothing works.

I found another topic that describes the same problem (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo)  but no solution is mentioned.
Any help would be much appreciated!

2022-1-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

This is just a pure guess, but isn't the wifi connection reserved for the connection between the phone and the DIA Handle? Or is it possible to connect the phone to a router and the DIA Handle simultaneously?

I thought that you need to use both wifi and mobile data on the phone to stream, but I may well be wrong.
2022-1-3
Use props
HarmB
lvl.1
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 1-3 12:39
This is just a pure guess, but isn't the wifi connection reserved for the connection between the phone and the DIA Handle? Or is it possible to connect the phone to a router and the DIA Handle simultaneously?

I thought that you need to use both wifi and mobile data on the phone to stream, but I may well be wrong.

That's the way I also thought it works. It's strange that the connection between Pocket 2 en Mimo app is through a wifi accespoint from the pocket 2 itself. The only thing I can think of is that 2 bands are being used (5 Ghz and 2,4 Ghz) so that connection can be established through the 5 Ghz and streaming through 2,4 Ghz.

DJI support couldn't help me out either so I think I'll have to look for another camera instead of the pocket 2.
2022-1-4
Use props
Phanguin
lvl.1
United States

Sometimes this would also happen to me, livestream overlay on the DJI would stall and mimo app crashes. A phone reboot usually fixes it for me. I'm using an android phone though. From what I'm seeing is once the DJI connects to a wifi hotspot for livestream. It stays connected to the phone from the other band. I realized this due to connecting the wireless 2.4 mic while livestreaming would disconnect the phone, but the stream would still be live.

what platform are you livestreaming to? Are you using RTMP, if so did you try to manually put in the SSID and passcode? I had to manually put in my hotspot.
2022-1-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

HarmB Posted at 1-4 06:08
That's the way I also thought it works. It's strange that the connection between Pocket 2 en Mimo app is through a wifi accespoint from the pocket 2 itself. The only thing I can think of is that 2 bands are being used (5 Ghz and 2,4 Ghz) so that connection can be established through the 5 Ghz and streaming through 2,4 Ghz.

DJI support couldn't help me out either so I think I'll have to look for another camera instead of the pocket 2.

Sorry to hear they couldn't solve your problem. :-( Hopefully you find another solution, whether that will be with the Pocket 2 or some other camera.
2022-1-4
Use props
HarmB
lvl.1
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 1-4 14:31
Sorry to hear they couldn't solve your problem. :-( Hopefully you find another solution, whether that will be with the Pocket 2 or some other camera.

Let's hope so indeed.
Tnx!
2022-1-5
Use props
HarmB
lvl.1
Netherlands

Phanguin Posted at 1-4 07:29
Sometimes this would also happen to me, livestream overlay on the DJI would stall and mimo app crashes. A phone reboot usually fixes it for me. I'm using an android phone though. From what I'm seeing is once the DJI connects to a wifi hotspot for livestream. It stays connected to the phone from the other band. I realized this due to connecting the wireless 2.4 mic while livestreaming would disconnect the phone, but the stream would still be live.

what platform are you livestreaming to? Are you using RTMP, if so did you try to manually put in the SSID and passcode? I had to manually put in my hotspot.

Hi,

Problem is that I can't connect to any wifi connection to stream with at all.
Manually typing in SSID en PW doesn't work either, hotspot is not found by the limo app.
Once the Pocket 2 and the phone are connected, I can see that the active connection on my iPhone  is the SSID from the pocket 2 without internet connection.
Hotspot is set to active and visible but won't be recognized by the Mimo app.
2022-1-5
Use props
djiuser_JFnu2T0LnCu5
New
Israel

Hi there,
I just received the DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo one week ago. One reason for buying it, was the Facebook live streaming ability, especially with the external microphone. I had no troubles streaming without the microphone on a 2.4GHZ IPhone 12 hotspot.

Theoretically:
In order to be able to stream with the wireless microphone you have to connect to a 5GHZ network in the first place (because the microphone is operating at 2.4GHZ) . After that you disconnect your phone and then you are able to connect the wireless microphone.

Unfortunately is the DJI Pocket 2 not connecting to my 5GHZ IPhone 12 hotspot, even if i type in the name as well as the password of the hotspot manually.

Help would be most welcome!
2022-4-16
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31145 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Same problem.don’t see solutions
2022-7-17
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004350 ft
Germany

Me too! It doesn't want to connect to my way way faster 5ghz network!
2023-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules