RTH Auto Altitude Ignored
1442 9 2022-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PCK55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54692 ft
United States

I have a Mavic Air 2.  I set the RTH auto altitude at 150', but when I engage RTH the drone automatically increases to the maximum altitide set which is 395'.  Does anyone know why this occurs?  Suggestions to resolve this?  

Thank you.
2022-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HI,

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog.

use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Post the uploaded link on here   or simple put a cloud link to the log on here.

cheers
JJB
2022-1-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It doesn't address your question but you could reduce the maximum height to say 155ft. The drone should not be able to break the maximum height ceiling. Have you checked that the RTH height is set to 150ft? It's awfully easy to drag those blooming sliders by accident as I found out myself.
2022-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-3 13:32
It doesn't address your question but you could reduce the maximum height to say 155ft. The drone should not be able to break the maximum height ceiling. Have you checked that the RTH height is set to 150ft? Its awfully easy to drag those blooming sliders by accident as I found out myself.

Agree, awfully easy to slide an unwanted value on this sliders!  badly designed imo.

I have to think twice always to slide the screen up.down touching the screen only on the left side.

cheers
JJB
2022-1-4
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

When this activity occurs is it outside the 5 to 50M distance from the home point?  Since if inside that range the RTH altitude should not matter as the drone will RTH at the current height it is flying.  Do you maintain a good GPS signal prior to initiating the RTH? Was the home point established prior to takeoff or did it update while flying around?  Do you engage the RTH from the FlyApp or the button on the RC?  Does the drone actually finish the RTH process once it hits the max altitude, or does it just climb and then stay there, and not attempt to get back to the Home Point?   
2022-1-4
Use props
PCK55
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 1-3 08:35
HI,

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog.

Thanks.  I'm having computer issues and am unable to get to the flight logs.  Hope to resolve this in a few days.
2022-1-5
Use props
PCK55
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-3 13:32
It doesn't address your question but you could reduce the maximum height to say 155ft. The drone should not be able to break the maximum height ceiling. Have you checked that the RTH height is set to 150ft? It's awfully easy to drag those blooming sliders by accident as I found out myself.

I did check the sliders.  RTH is set at 155, max altitude at 390.
2022-1-5
Use props
PCK55
lvl.1
United States

Fly_Hazr_Air Posted at 1-4 14:58
When this activity occurs is it outside the 5 to 50M distance from the home point?  Since if inside that range the RTH altitude should not matter as the drone will RTH at the current height it is flying.  Do you maintain a good GPS signal prior to initiating the RTH? Was the home point established prior to takeoff or did it update while flying around?  Do you engage the RTH from the FlyApp or the button on the RC?  Does the drone actually finish the RTH process once it hits the max altitude, or does it just climb and then stay there, and not attempt to get back to the Home Point?

This occurred well outside of 50 M.  I never lost signal, but I was flying in a very rural area.  I initiated RTH from the FlyApp.  The drone did complete the RTH ... it just did so at a much higher altitude than what is set.  

In this particular case, I believe the winds were stronger at the higher altitude.  It flew very slowly at the higher altitude during RTH.  This is why I want to resolve this issue.  Thanks
2022-1-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PCK55 Posted at 1-5 12:41
This occurred well outside of 50 M.  I never lost signal, but I was flying in a very rural area.  I initiated RTH from the FlyApp.  The drone did complete the RTH ... it just did so at a much higher altitude than what is set.  

In this particular case, I believe the winds were stronger at the higher altitude.  It flew very slowly at the higher altitude during RTH.  This is why I want to resolve this issue.  Thanks

If you want to solve the mystery, guessing probably won't do it.
Post the data.
2022-1-5
Use props
Marcy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1229938 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 1-5 14:29
If you want to solve the mystery, guessing probably won't do it.
Post the data.
Same thing was happening to me! Installed latest version last week! So far so good but only flew a few times cold was affecting camera..- 20 cell
2022-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules