Which app to use?
695 9 2022-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
red_canyon16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Now that the SDK has been released and there are beta versions of the various apps, which one is best? I don't want to buy all of them for $25 each just to use 1.
  • Litchi
  • Dronlink
  • Rainbow
  • Might be more but those are the 3 I've seen today.

2022-1-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used Litchi and had good luck with it.  Seems to be well supported by the developers.  
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_pzJXMav115XV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30581 ft
United States

Does DGI still honor their protection plan if you fly with 3rd party apps and a crash or loss occurs?
2022-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there red_canyon16. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Just a friendly reminder to please use the recommended DJI application ( DJI Fly application ) when flying your DJI Mini 2 to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications can void the warranty of your DJI Mini 2. Thank you and safe flying always.
2022-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Litchi appears to be the best of the bunch,  the rainbow demo I saw recently was very poor in comparison.
2022-1-4
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-3 19:46
Hello there red_canyon16. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Just a friendly reminder to please use the recommended DJI application ( DJI Fly application ) when flying your DJI Mini 2 to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications can void the warranty of your DJI Mini 2. Thank you and safe flying always.

Your advice would carry more weight if DJI could author and support their Apps and software more effectively. With each release of the DJI Fly App fewer Android devices are supported. The Go4 App hasn't received fixes for the issues that were created with its last release.

When we buy a DJI product we are buying the hardware, unless a physical copy of the software is contained in the box, and we are free to run any compatible App we choose without risking any warranty cover. The App is a separate entity to the hardware. To suggest anything different would intimate that the customer is leasing the product from DJI until such a time DJI deems it fit to forcibly stop the customer from using the product. Your argument may carry water if the software being used had been stolen from DJI and re-engineered, but in this instance we are talking about Apps developed from SDK's that DJI freely gave to the 3rd party developers.
2022-1-4
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I would suggest to use the DJI Fly app whenever possible. The version 1.5.4 (latest when I'm writing this) seems pretty stable! But you could try Litchi. The issue with 3rd party apps is it voids your warranty while using them!
2022-1-4
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

I bought my mini2 when it first came out, and have flown it maybe 10 times.  I keep waiting for an app that works, and now it seems DJI got around to it, and now it's too cold out to fly.
My DJICARE (cuz if you don't pay, they don't care) ran out and I didn't even renew it, what a waste of money.
Warranty, ha.  They will make up something to not have to cover it, then point at chinglish to show you they are right.  Nope.
I plan on using Litchi once it's up and running out of beta, and will be thankful to have an app that is not only working, but SUPPORTED.
If I crash in the water and sink or an eagle takes my drone away .... well, that's the way things go, and am willing to risk it, because giving DJI one more penny is not in me.
2022-1-4
Use props
Famous
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22790906 ft
United States

First of all, I very much want the DJI Fly app to support waypoints and the other new features. I have no idea why they do not do this.
As far as the warranty, I have to give DJI props. I lost my drone because I thought I did something stupid and so I inquired about how to get a replacement drone from DJI. They asked me to send my flight logs, and I did. To my surprise, they covered it under warranty and sent me a new drone for free.
2022-1-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yaros1 Posted at 1-4 12:39
I would suggest to use the DJI Fly app whenever possible. The version 1.5.4 (latest when I'm writing this) seems pretty stable! But you could try Litchi. The issue with 3rd party apps is it voids your warranty while using them!

The issue with 3rd party apps is it voids your warranty while using them!
That's not true.
3rd party apps would only void warranty if the failure is a result of the 3rd party app (and that would be a very rare situation).
2022-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules