Gimbal calibration error 40011 on startup
1162 6 2022-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaybro130
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7545591 ft
United States

This error popped up out of the blue…flew once yesterday, problems.  Second flight…gimbal error 40011.  
I’ve been doing a bunch of research on gimbal cal error 40011, and it does not seem to be an easy fix.  Tried all the recommended solutions (recal, different battery/phone/iPad, card out…etc.) and it still shows up.  Had this thing 2 weeks, no crashes or hard landings and never started up with the gimbal cover on.…really babied this thing.  All firmware updated.  Is the only solution is to send it back to DJI under warranty?  How do I know they won’t send me one back that will do the same thing in a month?  Anyone else have this problem?
2022-1-3
Use props
Jaybro130
lvl.3
United States

2022-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jaybro130. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mini 2 and thank you for reaching out. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps and still the issue persist. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-1-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the gimbal seem rough/sticky when moving it by hand? If so, there may be small particle(s) like sand in the joints. Use compressed air to blow it out. Otherwise, might be a component failure.
2022-1-3
Use props
Jaybro130
lvl.3
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-3 19:53
Does the gimbal seem rough/sticky when moving it by hand? If so, there may be small particle(s) like sand in the joints. Use compressed air to blow it out. Otherwise, might be a component failure.

Gary Doug, thanks for replying.  It has never been around dirt or sand and the gimbal moves freely, no binding or sluggishness.  Gimbal acts normal during flight with no issues as well.  I have not tried to used compressed air as I don’t want to make things worse and unusable.  Everything I have read seems more like it’s software related and not mechanical.  I am hoping having to send it back will be my last resort.  But every post i am seeing, that is the end result.  Frustrating for such a brand new product.
2022-1-4
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

You can't do anything on your own. You need to send in for service and you will likely get a new drone. It was like that in my case.
2022-1-4
Use props
Jaybro130
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg Posted at 1-4 03:50
You can't do anything on your own. You need to send in for service and you will likely get a new drone. It was like that in my case.

Figured as much, thanks!
2022-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules