Sound from FPV drone
7026 11 2022-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishdip
lvl.2
United States

Do we have a way to get sound from the drone? The goggles have a headphone jack but in flight on the game or IRL and no sound from it. Also do we have a way to use them for more then just flying?

2022-1-3
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

The audio confused me for a while. When running the DJI Virtual Flight sim, the audio comes out of the phone. If you have an iPhone set to "silent" then it honours that setting and doesn't play the audio, even though most audio apps ignore it since Apple tends to mean "silent ring".

For audio during flight, mine works fine with headphones plugged into the headphone socket by the power socket. The 5D joystick controls volume on one of its axes, maybe yours got turned down?

As an aside, it took me a while to notice the aircraft doesn't record audio by default, only the goggles. You can enable audio recording in the advance camera settings IIRC.
2022-1-4
Use props
Fishdip
lvl.2
United States

Nicodema Posted at 1-4 07:21
The audio confused me for a while. When running the DJI Virtual Flight sim, the audio comes out of the phone. If you have an iPhone set to "silent" then it honours that setting and doesn't play the audio, even though most audio apps ignore it since Apple tends to mean "silent ring".

For audio during flight, mine works fine with headphones plugged into the headphone socket by the power socket. The 5D joystick controls volume on one of its axes, maybe yours got turned down?

Hey thank you for the reply! So the jack on the actual googles is pointless? Also have you found a way to get them to show movies and such? all I could find was info on the Gen one letting you do that but can not find info the gen two.
2022-1-4
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251211 ft
United States

So, the smarta$$ in me wants to ask why you want to listen to that high pitch whine of the props?  I can hear my FPV from over a mile away...even my neighbors have asked if I got a new drone that is louder than before.  Luckily, they aren't mad about it but just curious, and they ask for pictures of their properties every once in a while which I happily provide.
2022-1-4
Use props
fishdip.
lvl.2
United States

maihem Posted at 1-4 12:30
So, the smarta$$ in me wants to ask why you want to listen to that high pitch whine of the props?  I can hear my FPV from over a mile away...even my neighbors have asked if I got a new drone that is louder than before.  Luckily, they aren't mad about it but just curious, and they ask for pictures of their properties every once in a while which I happily provide.

A few reasons more immersive experience it be like you are in the drone flying. Also, ever since the Army my hearing is no longer that good so after about a block its silent.   
2022-1-4
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251211 ft
United States

fishdip. Posted at 1-4 16:30
A few reasons more immersive experience it be like you are in the drone flying. Also, ever since the Army my hearing is no longer that good so after about a block its silent.

Fair enough, more immersive.
I have significant hearing loss from my time in the Army as well, but apparently not as bad as yours...I do get nervous when one ear goes completely for about 5 minutes but then comes back.
2022-1-5
Use props
fishdip.
lvl.2
United States

maihem Posted at 1-5 06:20
Fair enough, more immersive.
I have significant hearing loss from my time in the Army as well, but apparently not as bad as yours...I do get nervous when one ear goes completely for about 5 minutes but then comes back.

13B
2022-1-5
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Fishdip Posted at 1-4 12:19
Hey thank you for the reply! So the jack on the actual googles is pointless? Also have you found a way to get them to show movies and such? all I could find was info on the Gen one letting you do that but can not find info the gen two.

Pointless while using the sim, yes.

When actually flying it works as it should.

I haven't tried switching over to the FPV System mode, which I believe is necessary for using the socket as an AV input. I haven't seen anything to suggest being able to playback movies off SD card. I'm not sure I'd want to either. They're not painful to wear, but they're hardly super comfy.
2022-1-6
Use props
djiuser_EOf6ekrX2N8H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6003934 ft
Greece

My DJI FPV was working properly regarding to the sound from the jack on Googles but after a while it stoped. What I have noticed is that I can't get a sound back from the drone while flying. If I record a video, then I have sound in the stored on drone clip but not on the same clip stored in the Googles. This tells me the the Drone doesn't send the audio back to goggles but it store the audio to it self. I send Googles back to DJI Support and they replaced free but that didn't solve the problem. Then I send again everything to DJI Support and the replaced them for free again. When I tried the first flight, again the problem was not solved. I can't get a sound back to my Googles and listening the Drone using the jack outlet. Please help and advice what is going on and why the problem can't be solved? Sometimes when I change the battery for an other flight, the sound my be back until I restart the Drone again.
2023-12-27
Use props
Shayne Lory
lvl.1
Flight distance : 751407 ft

United States

I’m having the same issue. Anyone know why this isn’t working?
2-8 16:04
Use props
djiuser_F8CZnaAe3t0u
lvl.1
Netherlands

djiuser_EOf6ekrX2N8H Posted at 2023-12-27 14:00
My DJI FPV was working properly regarding to the sound from the jack on Googles but after a while it stoped. What I have noticed is that I can't get a sound back from the drone while flying. If I record a video, then I have sound in the stored on drone clip but not on the same clip stored in the Googles. This tells me the the Drone doesn't send the audio back to goggles but it store the audio to it self. I send Googles back to DJI Support and they replaced free but that didn't solve the problem. Then I send again everything to DJI Support and the replaced them for free again. When I tried the first flight, again the problem was not solved. I can't get a sound back to my Googles and listening the Drone using the jack outlet. Please help and advice what is going on and why the problem can't be solved? Sometimes when I change the battery for an other flight, the sound my be back until I restart the Drone again.

I got the same problem? New drone but sometimes i have no smartaudio !? They replaced the drone but also same problem!??? Weird ?
3-14 06:37
Use props
djiuser_F8CZnaAe3t0u
lvl.1
Netherlands

SO dji ?? What is the problem with smartaudio after latest ipdate have this?? New drone and problem is not solved???
3-14 06:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules