Magic Air 2S waypoint mission
3743 9 2022-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Igal
lvl.2
Israel

Hi,
Thanks for releasing the new MSDK 4.16 with support for the Mavic Air 2S.
Looking at the documentation, the WaypointMission is explicitly not supported for Air 2S.
https://developer.dji.com/api-reference/android-api/Components/Missions/DJIWaypointMission.html?search=waypointmi&i=1&
Also the WaypointV2Mission only supports M300.
https://developer.dji.com/api-reference/android-api/Components/Missions/DJIWaypointV2Mission.html?search=waypointv2&i=2&

How can I write code that uses waypoints with the Air 2S?

Thanks
2022-1-3
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

I'll ask you a counter question: how can the SDK support waypoint mode, if this mode is not present in the Air 2S firmware ???
2022-1-4
Use props
Igal
lvl.2
Italy

Super pilot Posted at 1-4 13:08
I'll ask you a counter question: how can the SDK support waypoint mode, if this mode is not present in the Air 2S firmware ???

How do you know that this mode is not present ?
2022-1-4
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Igal Posted at 1-4 19:51

Maybe he tried :-)
It's not in. I've tried with the air 2.
2022-1-5
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Russia

Igal Posted at 1-4 19:51

1) Drones without waypoint mode added to DJI Fly app (for now)
2) Almost all drones with firmware support for waypoints use the DJI Go 4 app (that's why this app supports this mode. Waypoints 1.0 and Waypoints 2.0 are one and the same (not V2))
3) Use [DJISDKManager missionControl] .waypointMissionOperator.currentState to determine the status of waypoint support.
2022-1-5
Use props
Igal
lvl.2
Israel

Super pilot Posted at 1-5 00:26
1) Drones without waypoint mode added to DJI Fly app (for now)
2) Almost all drones with firmware support for waypoints use the DJI Go 4 app (that's why this app supports this mode. Waypoints 1.0 and Waypoints 2.0 are one and the same (not V2))
3) Use [DJISDKManager missionControl] .waypointMissionOperator.currentState to determine the status of waypoint support.

But this are all sdk tests, I am not sure firmware doesn’t not support waypoint mission.
2022-1-5
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Russia

Igal Posted at 1-5 01:22
But this are all sdk tests, I am not sure firmware doesn’t not support waypoint mission.

If you are not sure, then open the DJI Fly app and start flying to waypoints on the Air 2S.
2022-1-5
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Igal Posted at 1-5 01:22

I've tested without the sdk. No support in firmware

2022-1-5
Use props
pergustas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004751 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 1-5 02:25
I've tested without the sdk. No support in firmware

Mats, you mention Air 2. The question is for the Air 2S. How can you be so sure?
For instance the app Litchie supports missions. This may suggest that it actually can work. Or?
2022-3-24
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

pergustas Posted at 3-24 05:02
Mats, you mention Air 2. The question is for the Air 2S. How can you be so sure?
For instance the app Litchie supports missions. This may suggest that it actually can work. Or?

Litchi uses virtualsticks

Yes, you right, WP could be included in 2s firmware.
Since they are very similar sw-wise, I doubt it.
If it was, I think the SDK would give support for it, since the sdk very transparent.
2022-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules