remote controller not connect
1193 6 2022-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigtoopay
lvl.2
United States

I have had this drone for over a year and now when I try to fly, getting the message RC not connected to mobile device.

the drone has a solid blinking red light, when I go into control and press connect to aircraft, says Remote controller not connected.
have tried to do the three button thing on the controller just beeps and still not connecting.
2022-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bigtoopay. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if both your DJI Mini 2 and it's remote controller's firmware is up to day and may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2022-1-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am a bit confused, is the controller not connecting to BOTH the drone and the phone?With regards to the controller linking to the drone thing, you have to trigger the linking process on the drone itself as well as on the controller, are you doing both.
With regards to connecting the controller to the phone, have you tried a different cable?
Does the phone indicate that it is being charged when it is connected to the switched on controller?
Have you connected the phone to a computer etc. if so, does the computer see the phone?
Is the drones battery charged?
2022-1-3
Use props
Bigtoopay
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-3 23:13
I am a bit confused, is the controller not connecting to BOTH the drone and the phone?With regards to the controller linking to the drone thing, you have to trigger the linking process on the drone itself as well as on the controller, are you doing both.
With regards to connecting the controller to the phone, have you tried a different cable?
Does the phone indicate that it is being charged when it is connected to the switched on controller?

Yes I have followed the linking video  and still will not connect. both the drone and the controller batteries are completed charged.Yes have tried another cable as well.

2022-1-4
Use props
Bigtoopay
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-3 20:13
Hello there Bigtoopay. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if both your DJI Mini 2 and it's remote controller's firmware is up to day and may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

Yes the firmware is up to date  01.00.01.25
app ver. 1.5.4
phone is samsung A71 5G I have been using the phone since I have the drone.

something I have notice is that with all the light on the controller showing full and turn the power on it only says 73%
also when doing the linking thing quickly say relinking and then goes back to controller not connected.
2022-1-4
Use props
Bigtoopay
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-3 20:13

app ver. 1.5.4
2022-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Bigtoopay Posted at 1-4 10:27
app ver. 1.5.4

Hi there Bigtoopay. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung A71 5G ) that you are using on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said DJI drone and with the said DJI application. There is a possibility that the Samsung A71 5G will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI drone and with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2022-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules