AEB and other features
445 2 2022-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paolo_Cavasotto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1201115 ft
Argentina

Hey DJI, I've had the Mini SE for almost a month now. I've found out that AEB for shooting HDR would come quite in handy. Having to manually change the exposure leads to more time between the shots and therefore harder to match the different layers.
The Mavic Mini SE also lacks a mode which autimatically adjusts yaw and gimbal inclination to spotlight a certain subjet while pitch, roll and height remain controlled by the user. This feature does not require obstacle avoidance since it does not interfere with the horizontal and vertical displacement of the aircraft. It would allow for much easier shots of moving subjects, since only three degrees of movement would be under manual control instead of 5. When the drone executes a Quickshot, it aparently enters a mode like this and compensates for the possible movements of the highlighted subject.
Some other customers proposed an automated pano mode, but I don't find that completely necessary.
On the other hand, I think the other features would be quite essential. Given that they are mostly related to the Fly app and not too hard to develop, I believe they should be included in the next update.
PD: there isn't a dedicated subtopic to the Mini SE, therefore I have added it here. I believe nonetheless that it is applicable to it as well

2022-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Paolo_Cavasotto. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-1-3
Use props
jozephsky
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,
I recently bought a Mini SE as a 'fly anywhere' drone and for my partner to learn to fly on, as it would complement my Mavic 2 Pro which I progressed to from a Mavic Pro. I too find it extremely disappointing that such a great little drone has not been given the simple AEB capabilities that all my other DJI drones and other DJI Mini drones appear to have. It massively impacts the photography capabilities and is letting this excellent little drone down. I am sure that we are far from being alone in wanting this feature enabled via a software update and I was just wondering if there had been any developments in this direction? I'm afraid that without this basic functionality I would not recommend this drone as even a basic photography drone, I'm afraid that without this, to me it is just a toy drone and it seems a shame that DJI don't see it more as a 'gateway' drone for budding photographers. Providing the AEB functionality (presumably this would be relatively easy to do with a software update?) would greatly improve this drone as a photography tool and I believe it would be much more likely to be a stepping stone towards more advanced and expensive drones. With this simple addition owners can experiment with much greater dynamic range and can potentially create much more professional looking stills.

I look forward to a considered response/update from DJI on this....
2022-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules