Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nienco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 884262 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good day everybody.
I've just bought my first DJI drone (mini 2)  a few days ago. Last night I've unpacked the drone, charged the battery's and updated everything. I've noticed when the mini 2 stands on a flat surface that the one rear arm is a few (+/- 2 mm) millimeter lower than the other. Is this normal, and won't this have an effect on flying?
Kind regards,
Nico van der Merwe

2022-1-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you post a photograph of the rear of the drone? that shows the problem? Have you crashed it? Is it a new drone?
2022-1-3
Use props
Nienco
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-3 23:09
Can you post a photograph of the rear of the drone? that shows the problem? Have you crashed it? Is it a new drone?

Hey Sean at the moment I'm at work, I will take a photo tonight. No, the drone is still new. The only few things I have done with the drone was: Charged the battery's, updated the firmware and registered the drone...
2022-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Nienco. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above if you have time kindly please post a photo showing the said issue of your DJI Mini 2 for us to be able to see and can give out the best solution for this issue. Thank you.
2022-1-3
Use props
Nienco
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-3 23:21
Hello there Nienco. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above if you have time kindly please post a photo showing the said issue of your DJI Mini 2 for us to be able to see and can give out the best solution for this issue. Thank you.

Hey Stephen at the moment I'm at work, I will take a photo tonight.
2022-1-3
Use props
Nienco
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just a quick update regarding my question.
According to DJI customer service, the above issue is normal and won't have any effect on flying or handling of the drone.
I will still take a few photos just to be sure...
New update from DJI customer service:

Dear Nico ,

Good day!

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support!

We appreciate your time for sending us an email.  We apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had with our product. We would like to help you with the issue that you are reporting.

1. Please kindly put the aircraft on a leveled surface and send us pictures.
2. Please kindly update the latest firmware on DJI fly app and do a flight test on a safe environment.
3. If there are any error on the DJI FLY app, please screenshot and send to us.

Kindly inform us of the results and we will wait for the pictures to forward to the related department for review.

Thank you for your understanding and choosing DJI.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

2022-1-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Nienco,

Checked my MINI2, zero mm difference in height for the rear legs.
So that is normal for a new DJI drone.

In theory 2 mm difference means that the resulting lift for that motor will introduce a difference in horizontal force between the 2 rear set of blades.

How this will effect the performance of your MINI2 ?  don`t know, but why accept this on a new DJI drone?

cheers
JJB
2022-1-4
Use props
Nienco
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

2022-1-4
Use props
Nienco
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here you can see the différance on the rear arms (2mm)

The drone is still new (I got it last week Thursday), I haven't done any flights with it (still got all the stickers on the drone).

DJI customer care want me to do a test flight to see if everything functions well, but I'm not sure if I should do that.

Or just return it from where i bought it and ask for a new one...
2022-1-4
Use props
Nienco
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-3 23:21

I've posted some photos.
2022-1-4
Use props
Nienco
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-3 23:09

I've posted some photos.
2022-1-4
Use props
aairon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72831 ft

United States

Why accept sloppy construction?
2022-1-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would return it if it was me, safest option!!
2022-1-4
Use props
Sakari Kaulaote
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34941 ft
Finland

I have pretty much exactly same difference with the rear arms.
It flies just fine. Stable as it should be.
2022-1-4
Use props
linkan1980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62782 ft
Sweden

Just checked my Mini 2 and the difference is probably 1mm. I haven't seen any strange behavior so far.

Also noticed that the legs are "flexible" so maybe this difference isn't there when motors are running and the drone is airborne?
2022-1-4
Use props
Nienco
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

I phoned the shop where I bought the DJI mini 2. Explained the situation, and they are sending me a new one. 
2022-1-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nienco Posted at 1-4 07:04
I phoned the shop where I bought the DJI mini 2. Explained the situation, and they are sending me a new one. 

Good luck with the new MINI2

Many happy landings,

cheers
JJB
2022-1-4
Use props
Nienco
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thank you JJB!