2715 8 2022-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Islandvisions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19213 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have just purchased a mini 2 to replace my old one, but straight away the front right motor seemed stiffer than the others. I flew it for 10 minutes and then felt the motors and it was quite a lot warmer than the others. So my question is: Have many people experienced this type of issue, and has the motor failed later on or did you just get a replacement?
2022-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Islandvisions. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application when you are flying your new DJI Mini 2? Thank you.
2022-1-4
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-4 01:44
Hello there Islandvisions. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application when you are flying your new DJI Mini 2? Thank you.

No error, just moderate resistance and heating up.
2022-1-4
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Islandvisions Posted at 1-4 02:20

Is the resistance felt when spinning the motor manually with your hand when the drone is not powered on?
Did something get into the motor, like sand?
2022-1-4
Use props
Footsoup
lvl.1
Flight distance : 702 ft
United States

I have the same issue with my mavic mini. Right front motor brand new.
2022-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Islandvisions Posted at 1-4 02:20

Hi there Islandvisions. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. If you feel that your DJI Mini 2 drone is not preforming well on your future flights. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-1-6
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 1-4 12:58
Is the resistance felt when spinning the motor manually with your hand when the drone is not powered on?
Did something get into the motor, like sand?

It was brand new, freshly opened box and yes, you can feel it when spinning by hand when no battery is in the drone. The other motors spin freely apart from the normal notchy resistance that all these motors have, but the front right is much stiffer than the others.

2022-1-6
Use props
Islandvisions
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Footsoup Posted at 1-4 17:48
I have the same issue with my mavic mini. Right front motor brand new.

Same motor as mine. Clearly just coincidence but still
2022-1-6
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

You should contact DJI Support and ask for a replacement.
2022-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules