New Phantom 4 RTK Firmware Released (11/16/2022)
12266 37 2022-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.11.16
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.02.0611
  • Remote Controller Firmware: Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller: v02.02.0612
  • Phantom 4 RTK (SDK) Remote Controller: v02.02.0611
  • DJI GS RTK App: v2.2.5-GSP
  • DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.10

What's New
  • Added Smart Return to Home option in Aircraft Battery settings in DJI GS RTK.
  • Updated map services for DJI GS RTK.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • The aircraft cannot be downgraded to v02.02.0608 or a lower version after this firmware update.
  • Make sure that the firmware for the aircraft, remote controller and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is all up-to-date. Otherwise, they will not work together.
  • Using this firmware with a version of DJI Terra older than v2.0. is not recommended, as some functions will not work properly.

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.01.04
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.02.0607
  • Remote Controller Firmware: Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller: v02.02.0607
  • Phantom 4 RTK (SDK) Remote Controller: v02.02.0607
  • D-RTK 2 Mobile Station Firmware: v02.02.0607
  • DJI GS RTK App: v2.2.0-GSP
  • DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom: v2.0.10
  • DJI Assistant 2 For MG: v2.1.2 (Windows), v2.1.0 (Mac)

What’s New?
  • Added manual timed shooting in DJI GS RTK to provide continuously shooting with certain time intervals.
  • Added support to group manually shot photos in DJI GS RTK. When “Manual Photo Organization” is enabled in the app, manually shot and manually timed photos will be stored in the survey folder as well as the PPK data.
  • Added prompt in DJI GS RTK to recommend using RTK positioning when performing terrain following operations.
  • Added aircraft status prompts in DJI GS RTK.
  • Optimized UI of settings in DJI GS RTK.
  • Fixed issue: Cloud PPK could not be activated with activation code in some scenarios.
  • Fixed rare issue: customized RTK network connection failed in some scenarios.

Notes:
  • The aircraft cannot be downgraded to v02.02.0503 or a lower version after this firmware update.
  • After updating the Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller with this firmware version, the remote controller can only be used with the Phantom 4 RTK aircraft.
  • Make sure that the firmware for the aircraft, remote controller and D-RTK 2 Mobile Station is all up-to-date. Otherwise, they will not work together.
  • Using this firmware with a version of DJI Terra older than v2.0. is not recommended, as some functions will not work properly.

2022-1-4
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

thank you for the update...
2022-1-4
Use props
P4PilotPro
lvl.1

Germany

I can't find the new feature "manual timed shooting" in the DJI GS RTK-APP.
I also can't find the "Manual Photo Organization"

Any advice will be welcome.

2022-1-12
Use props
Guille_Meinero
lvl.4

Argentina

P4PilotPro Posted at 1-12 02:47

same here!
2022-1-13
Use props
tunarulz
lvl.1

Croatia

After updating controller and Phantom 4 RTK to this firmware I lost connection with drone, and can't link drone with controller again no matter what.

What is worse I can't downgrade drone firmware anymore with this latest update. Any fix???
2022-1-16
Use props
Lowlee
lvl.2

Italy

tunarulz Posted at 1-16 23:46
After updating controller and Phantom 4 RTK to this firmware I lost connection with drone, and can't link drone with controller again no matter what.

What is worse I can't downgrade drone firmware anymore with this latest update. Any fix???

Have you solved the problem?
2022-1-17
Use props
Dougtabes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193114 ft
United States

I cannot update the firmware on an RTK Phantom as described. It downloads it and appears to install it but then  the aircraft version is different. When I click on "update" it shows me to plu the front of the controller to the aircraft and when I do that nothing happens that same graphic keeps coming up. I have tried everything and on a MAC Desktop Monterey 12.1

IMG_0637.jpeg
2022-1-17
Use props
Dougtabes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193114 ft
United States

I am using DJI Assistant  Version: V2.0.10 with the RTK drone plugged in via USB and it does not recognize it
2022-1-17
Use props
tunarulz
lvl.1

Croatia

Lowlee Posted at 1-17 09:01
Have you solved the problem?

Sadly not. I downgraded firmware on controler to 02.02.0403 and then I can link devices, but now I have version mismatch notification.

Got a reply from DJI via email to contact local provider so they can lend me a new controller, but sadly only provider here does not have any spares.

I have a big project spanning a couple of days flying and apparently I will have to fly with version mismatch, and it's kinda scary. Local provider told me it should not be a problem but if I can to bring the device to them and if they can't fix it I'll have to wait for around 25 days for a replacement, but the big job starts next week so I can't do that now
2022-1-18
Use props
djiuser_rcXHIHnHhIcx
New

Mexico

I did the update to my drone and my controler, but after the update the screen of the controler remains black, it is connected to the drone but I can not see anything on the screen, it is only black,  I want to connect the controler to the assistant to do a reinstall and it does not recognize it, nothing appears unlike the drone that appears as soon as I connect it
I am using DJI Assistant  Version: V2.0.10 with the RTK drone plugged in via USB and it does not recognize the controller.
2022-1-23
Use props
VAI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44820 ft
Germany

djiuser_rcXHIHnHhIcx Posted at 1-23 09:21
I did the update to my drone and my controler, but after the update the screen of the controler remains black, it is connected to the drone but I can not see anything on the screen, it is only black,  I want to connect the controler to the assistant to do a reinstall and it does not recognize it, nothing appears unlike the drone that appears as soon as I connect it
I am using DJI Assistant  Version: V2.0.10 with the RTK drone plugged in via USB and it does not recognize the controller.

Same here, sometimes ...

Rebooting the controller once or twice usually fixes the problem
2022-1-24
Use props
James
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_rcXHIHnHhIcx Posted at 1-23 09:21
I did the update to my drone and my controler, but after the update the screen of the controler remains black, it is connected to the drone but I can not see anything on the screen, it is only black,  I want to connect the controler to the assistant to do a reinstall and it does not recognize it, nothing appears unlike the drone that appears as soon as I connect it

I am having this same issue.  
2022-1-28
Use props
James
lvl.1

United States

VAI Posted at 1-24 06:51
Same here, sometimes ...

Rebooting the controller once or twice usually fixes the problem

I am having the same issue and have rebooted many, many times.  Any other ideas?  Can the firmware be loaded via memory card?
2022-1-28
Use props
James
lvl.1

United States

And just like that, a day and many reboots later, it's back on.  I think I'll stay in the old firmware for a little longer.  I noticed that the new firmware doesn't show up in DJI Assistant v2.0.10?  
2022-1-29
Use props
ardugpc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321926 ft
United Kingdom

Where can I find guidance to update remote controller firmware with downloaded file from your website?
2022-1-30
Use props
djiuser_dduxO19OQ5fU
New

United States

VAI Posted at 1-24 06:51
Same here, sometimes ...

Rebooting the controller once or twice usually fixes the problem

how can i reboot the controller?
the DJI Assistant does not recognize the controller
can i reboot the controllermanually?
i still have the problem
2022-2-6
Use props
Apolo Tec Aerea
lvl.1

Brazil

Any solution for the firmware bug ? I just uploade for this version and now i cant conect with the aircraft
2022-2-8
Use props
djiuser_LeR6LXMAqYtJ
New

Australia

Same here, was uploading the new firmware to the drone this morning and received an error at 65% of the update, now cannot downgrade the firmware and cannot link the drone to the RC.
2022-2-8
Use props
djiuser_hco5ObTmZQDy
New

Turkey

tunarulz Posted at 1-16 23:46

Have you find the solution?
2022-2-9
Use props
Skiff1
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_LeR6LXMAqYtJ Posted at 2-8 14:21
Same here, was uploading the new firmware to the drone this morning and received an error at 65% of the update, now cannot downgrade the firmware and cannot link the drone to the RC.

One of our RTK units had the same situation.  The operator managed to do a factory reset and reinstall the previous version, then managed to upgrade to 02.02.607.

There definitely seems to be issues with the updating portion of the GS_R software.  When i upgraded my unit, I had to install for the aircraft 3 or 4 times before it finally 'took'.  Updating the RC required about 3 or 4 power cycles for it to take also.  
2022-2-15
Use props
djiuser_LeR6LXMAqYtJ
New

Australia

Skiff1 Posted at 2-15 00:39
One of our RTK units had the same situation.  The operator managed to do a factory reset and reinstall the previous version, then managed to upgrade to 02.02.607.

There definitely seems to be issues with the updating portion of the GS_R software.  When i upgraded my unit, I had to install for the aircraft 3 or 4 times before it finally 'took'.  Updating the RC required about 3 or 4 power cycles for it to take also.

Glad it worked out for you, tried all of those fixes with no result. I have just shipped it back to DJI to get it sorted.
2022-2-16
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tons of reports of issues w/ this firmware. DJI needs to address this ASAP. I'm not upgrading any of our DJI RTK kit until I hear these issues have been resolved.

In addition to those reported in this thread, there are several other threads:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D699%26typeid%3D699

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D699%26typeid%3D699

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2022-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Topvisions Thailand Posted at 1-4 20:20
After updating the Phantom 4 RTK Remote Controller with this firmware version, the remote controller can only be used with the Phantom 4 RTK aircraft. That include SDK remote ??control

Hi there, yes, it is included. Phantom 4 RTK SDK remote controller is not able to work with P4 multispectral.
2022-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

P4PilotPro Posted at 1-12 02:47

Hi there, please make sure that the firmware and controller have both been updated and check again. Please keep us updated on the case if you don't have these options. A screenshot would be highly appreciated.
1.png
2022-2-21
Use props
Aikhan
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

Hello! Please, let us hide polygon side lengths on map at GS RTK
2022-12-2
Use props
Drone_Ana
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello! Updated to this firmware and now the background maps are loading veeery slow (about 5 min) or don't load at all. Both maps general and satellite. The only map type option is Amaps.
I have tried with mobile data or with wifi and keep having the same problem. On two different RTK drones. Based in Switzerland. DJI please help with this problem! Thank you
2022-12-8
Use props
djiuser_mcruSBpsDWoN
lvl.1

South Africa

after loaded Aircraft and Base station  Firmware: v02.02.0611 , including RC Frimware v02.02.0611 i have lost access to the maps thhus cannot plan a route in the field where we work. The PHANTOM 4 RTK that we used is coupled to the use of the Agras T30 agricultural drone. Please supply a fix to this problem inherited with the new update-
2022-12-12
Use props
djiuser_mcruSBpsDWoN
lvl.1

South Africa

Drone_Ana Posted at 12-8 07:25
Hello! Updated to this firmware and now the background maps are loading veeery slow (about 5 min) or don't load at all. Both maps general and satellite. The only map type option is Amaps.
I have tried with mobile data or with wifi and keep having the same problem. On two different RTK drones. Based in Switzerland. DJI please help with this problem! Thank you

Hi . Ive got a similar problem. Did you get a reply from DJI?
2022-12-12
Use props
nawatha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68871 ft
Israel

also here, the only map type option is Amaps and it is loading very slow.
2022-12-14
Use props
Drone_Ana
lvl.1
Switzerland

djiuser_mcruSBpsDWoN Posted at 12-12 00:12
Hi . Ive got a similar problem. Did you get a reply from DJI?

No answer. Should we contact support directly or they are checking forum regularly?
2022-12-14
Use props
IanSW
lvl.2

United States

Drone_Ana Posted at 12-14 07:18
No answer. Should we contact support directly or they are checking forum regularly?

Unlikely they will answer with useful info. DJI wants to abandon this hardware and force everyone to "upgrade" to a mavic 3E.
2022-12-15
Use props
Lowlee
lvl.2

Italy

Hello! Updated to this firmware and now the background maps are loading veeery slow (about 5 min) or don't load at all. Both maps general and satellite. The only map type option is Amaps.
I have tried with mobile data or with wifi and keep having the same problem. On two different RTK drones. Based in Switzerland. DJI please help with this problem! Thank you

I have the same problem despite I didn't update the firmware.
In some cases is impossible to work.
2022-12-16
Use props
Titus E.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22375 ft

Germany

Hello! Updated to this firmware and now the background maps are loading veeery slow (about 5 min) or don't load at all. Both maps general and satellite. The only map type option is Amaps.
I have tried with mobile data or with wifi and keep having the same problem. On two different RTK drones. Based in Switzerland. DJI please help with this problem! Thank you

Same issue here in Germany with several PH4 RTK drones (GS RTK-App) after Update to 2.2.612. Sometimes moving or zooming the map helps to reload, sometimes we have so wait a long time.
2022-12-21
Use props
Titus E.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22375 ft

Germany

In the meantime, I also have a Mavic 3 Enterprice (M3E) at my disposal. There you can select the map, there are the options "AMap" and "MapTiler". AMap is the same as with the PH4 and only areas in China work, Europe does not work. MapTiler works fine, looks like Google Maps.
DJI must deliver a solution for the PH4 as soon as possible!
2023-1-25
Use props
Dym0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2636768 ft
Germany

IanSW Posted at 2022-12-15 16:55
Unlikely they will answer with useful info. DJI wants to abandon this hardware and force everyone to "upgrade" to a mavic 3E.

I think a class action lawsuit will do DJI well.
They will only lose customers this way.
All drones can be stable, just not P4P v2. He drifts as he pleases.
2023-1-25
Use props
Crazy_0wl
lvl.1

United States

I updated one of our old P4RTK's today and I am getting a firmware not compatible notice in the lower right hand corner. The controller is running v02.02.0612 and the drone is running v02.02.0611. I tried to factory reset the drone but no luck with the issue. Any fixes with this?
2023-8-16
Use props
POIAerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5100614 ft
Canada

We're into the Summer of 2023 and there hasn't been an updated firmware issued for the P4RTK since November 2022.  Here's my take on things;
- Same issues getting everything reconnected, but eventually got it all working again
- Same issue with firmware versions not matching up for both the aircraft and the D-2RTK system

Ground Station OS Issues:
- now the "new" imagery is absolutely horrible and takes forever to load
- the text in the imagery in the key map is still in "Chinese" even though I'm in North America
- you cannot pinch zoom past a certain point, so if you are trying to get a bit picky with your waypoints it will only zoom in so far, but much less than all the previous versions
- when using 'Walk with RTK', the above comment is particularly a pain in the A$$ especially if you're surveying items like say the road edge and the curb, you cannot zoom in close enough to actually split the points far enough apart to select one to either edit or delete it (use to be able to do this no issues, the imagery was just really blurry)
- you still cannot edit the Walk with RTK units from DMS to DD (which is exported into the CSV file)
- apparently you can 'import' a Walk with RTK task, but I have yet to achieve one that works, even using an already exported CSV file as a template, edit the data, import and it's not recognized

- Past few days the RTK connection has been spotty, it seems to only want to create a FIX signal if I have at least 20 satellites connected, this has not been an issue in the past and there's no new firmware updates that would cause this to suddenly be the case, but, in the last month it seems to be somewhat a steady issue.  Once I reach more than 20, boom, anything less, I'm waiting for the signal to connect to my NTRIP account

when the system works (90% of the time) it's spot on, no issues, but these small changes really affect the usability of the system overall, certainly a disappointment in the firmware upgrade, definitely seems like a downgrade in overall functionality to me....  I do not think the M3E is any different as I believe they share the same OS it's just a different controller...
2023-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules