Galaxy Note 20 Ultra + Mavic Mini 2 - Dji fly app
9331 34 2022-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaceloTxeira
lvl.1

Ireland

Just bought my Mavic Mini 2 and found out that it ain't compatible with my Galaxy Note S20 Ultra or with my Galaxy Tab s7, two of the Samsung flagships arent compatible with the most recent DJI drone released.7The most crazy thig is the Samsung Galaxy S5/S6/S7 are compatible, they are even manufactured anymore, how in hell this is possible

Are there any updates from DJI or Samsung regards with the compatibility in between these gadgets?

I won't even try any workaround because if ... happens, they will blame the incompatibility with my phone.

I might return my Mini 2 tomorrow

Cheers  
2022-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MaceloTxeira. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information when will these mobile devices ( Galaxy Note S21 Ultra +, Samsung Galaxy Note S20 Ultra and Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 ) will be compatible with the DJI Fly application. Please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application in the future. Thank you.
2022-1-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it a galaxy S20 or a Note 20? cant be both....

I have the Note 20 Ultra 5G and it works perfectly with the DJI Fly app
It is also compatible with 1 of my Tab S2 so I'm telling you now, its compatible with your Tab 7 unless you you're running Android 12 then you might be in a tough spot....
2022-1-4
Use props
MaceloTxeira
lvl.1

Ireland

Bashy Posted at 1-4 23:37

Its quite weird, I couldn't download the fly app directly from my phone, it didn't accept the extension, however, I downloaded into my PC and transfer via cable into my phone and it worked, I managed to updated the controller and the aircraft, calibrated the compass, I haven't tried to fly yet, as soon as I fly I let you know.
2022-1-5
Use props
MaceloTxeira
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-4 20:49
Hello there MaceloTxeira. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information when will these mobile devices ( Galaxy Note S21 Ultra +, Samsung Galaxy Note S20 Ultra and Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 ) will be compatible with the DJI Fly application. Please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application in the future. Thank you.

Its quite weird, I couldn't download the fly app directly from my phone, it didn't accept the extension, however, I downloaded into my PC and transfer via cable into my phone and it worked, I managed to update the controller and the aircraft, calibrated the compass, moved the gimbal up and down, I haven't tried to fly yet, as soon as I fly I let you know.
2022-1-5
Use props
MaceloTxeira
lvl.1

Ireland

Mine is the Note 20 Ultra 5G as well.
2022-1-5
Use props
djiuser_9Ghw5BWMUMKY
New

United States

MaceloTxeira Posted at 1-5 04:57
Mine is the Note 20 Ultra 5G as well.

Pleased to share to the effort that my new Samsung Galaxy A21 6.5" screen
https://www.ebay.com/itm/284525128301?var=586102122409   *
tests out as 64bit and the DJI Fly App does install YES!
Not tested as drone is at care depot....seems tho getting app installed puts us on the downhill side.
But even tho is only a 3GB ram phone
can address above the 2^32=4gb 32bit ceiling for mem bytes
that on hdd addressing of 512 block size gives 2.19T addressable for 32bit math..

*  i got the minutes etc. and 1 yr svc. added on to my existing tracfone, it is cheaper than buying them outright, i do this every year, and use new phone for some project or give away etc.
2022-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MaceloTxeira Posted at 1-5 04:56
Its quite weird, I couldn't download the fly app directly from my phone, it didn't accept the extension, however, I downloaded into my PC and transfer via cable into my phone and it worked, I managed to update the controller and the aircraft, calibrated the compass, moved the gimbal up and down, I haven't tried to fly yet, as soon as I fly I let you know.

Hi there MaceloTxeira. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. It is great to know that you have fixed and solved the said issue. In addition, thank you for sharing these information as well on how you fixed the said issue. Please keep us posted and fly safe always.
2022-1-6
Use props
djiuser_sPU4O4LNWjw0
New

United States

I have the same issue right now with my Mini 2 and my Note 20 ultra.
I can't install the APP, I downloaded it from the download center and every time this message "app not installed" .
I tried installing on an airplane mode as the support rep told me and also didn't work.
Anyone with the same phone could share with me how did they install the Dji fly app?
2022-1-20
Use props
djiuser_sPU4O4LNWjw0
New

United States

How did you install it?
2022-1-20
Use props
djiuser_mbjKyzzZiACp
New

Honduras

I'm having the same issue here. Can't use my Mavic air 2 because app is not working on my Samsung note 20 ultra. I bought both devices February las year, I used it through all the year and did numerous flights without any problems. Last time I used it was in novembre. Last week that I tried to use it, suddenly us not working anymore!!, It is like the app is not compatible anymore! It feels like I bought garbage, because it is frustrating having the drone and don't being able to use it.
2022-2-8
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I use a Samsung Note 20 ultra 5g and it works perfect
2022-2-8
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I use a Samsung Note 20 ultra 5g and it works perfect …
2022-2-8
Use props
fans2ec29bd4
New
Flight distance : 8156 ft
Sweden

Jag har en galaxy s20 ultra 5g
Både dji mimo appen har ...at funka
Och även dji fly till min dji mini 2 drönare
Finns det andra appar som funkar?
2022-3-12
Use props
fans2ec29bd4
New
Flight distance : 8156 ft
Sweden

Jag har en galaxy s20 ultra 5g
Både dji mimo appen har ...at funka
Och även dji fly till min dji mini 2 drönare
Finns det andra appar som funkar?
Mvh Jon
2022-3-12
Use props
djiuser_NaABQGFhPTMY
New
Flight distance : 31991 ft
Sweden

I have the note 20 ultra. And I can't download it.
2022-4-9
Use props
djiuser_NUsoxt0uWYIu
New

United States

MaceloTxeira Posted at 1-5 04:55
Its quite weird, I couldn't download the fly app directly from my phone, it didn't accept the extension, however, I downloaded into my PC and transfer via cable into my phone and it worked, I managed to updated the controller and the aircraft, calibrated the compass, I haven't tried to fly yet, as soon as I fly I let you know.

Hey, I am having a problem with my same phone when you download it into your computer where in the phone did you dump the operating file? Thanks for the help
2022-4-14
Use props
djiuser_feDWuekAFsBn
New
Flight distance : 38704 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-4 20:49
Hello there MaceloTxeira. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information when will these mobile devices ( Galaxy Note S21 Ultra +, Samsung Galaxy Note S20 Ultra and Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 ) will be compatible with the DJI Fly application. Please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application in the future. Thank you.

I'm having trouble "resting assuredly" that DJI is testing. I purchased the Mini 2 and a Note20 Ultra 5g a LONG time ago and DJI has yet to put the Note20 on the approved list. This combination has flown flawlessly for a long-long time, I want to say two years but I'm not positive. Now the DJI Fly App will not recognize the FAA LAANC Authorization.

I can get the authorization in seconds but the DJI FLY App says, Not Authorized. As I said, it's been working and now it's broke. Later I'll try it outside the authorization required zone.

How long do I have to rest assured that DJI is working on it?

Will one of the third party apps get around this?
2022-5-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_feDWuekAFsBn Posted at 5-4 13:59
I'm having trouble "resting assuredly" that DJI is testing. I purchased the Mini 2 and a Note20 Ultra 5g a LONG time ago and DJI has yet to put the Note20 on the approved list. This combination has flown flawlessly for a long-long time, I want to say two years but I'm not positive. Now the DJI Fly App will not recognize the FAA LAANC Authorization.

I can get the authorization in seconds but the DJI FLY App says, Not Authorized. As I said, it's been working and now it's broke. Later I'll try it outside the authorization required zone.

Note 20 Ultra 5g works 100% ok with the DJI Fly app and the Mini 2
2022-5-4
Use props
djiuser_lTrdDmm1Oj1N
New

Canada

it is such a pain, I am travelling in two weeks and need my drone but the DJI FLY app will not install on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra. After researching found out that it is not compatible. I am shock right now as what to with my drone as it is like a toy with no life right now. I am definitely boycotting DJI and this will be my last ever DJI drone. Whoever has new phones please avoid buying these drones as it will not work at all
2022-5-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_lTrdDmm1Oj1N Posted at 5-10 15:51
it is such a pain, I am travelling in two weeks and need my drone but the DJI FLY app will not install on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra. After researching found out that it is not compatible. I am shock right now as what to with my drone as it is like a toy with no life right now. I am definitely boycotting DJI and this will be my last ever DJI drone. Whoever has new phones please avoid buying these drones as it will not work at all

What are you on about, yes it is compatible with the DJI Fly app, i am using it on my Note 20 Ultra 5G. Youre obviously missing a step or something.
2022-5-10
Use props
MaceloTxeira
lvl.1

Ireland

djiuser_mbjKyzzZiACp Posted at 2-8 10:53
I'm having the same issue here. Can't use my Mavic air 2 because app is not working on my Samsung note 20 ultra. I bought both devices February las year, I used it through all the year and did numerous flights without any problems. Last time I used it was in novembre. Last week that I tried to use it, suddenly us not working anymore!!, It is like the app is not compatible anymore! It feels like I bought garbage, because it is frustrating having the drone and don't being able to use it.

You can download the DJY fly app directly onto your laptop then transfer it onto your phone, it worked for me and it's flying smoothly.
2022-5-11
Use props
MaceloTxeira
lvl.1

Ireland

djiuser_lTrdDmm1Oj1N Posted at 5-10 15:51
it is such a pain, I am travelling in two weeks and need my drone but the DJI FLY app will not install on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra. After researching found out that it is not compatible. I am shock right now as what to with my drone as it is like a toy with no life right now. I am definitely boycotting DJI and this will be my last ever DJI drone. Whoever has new phones please avoid buying these drones as it will not work at all

You can download the DJY fly app directly onto your laptop then transfer it onto your phone, it worked for me and it's flying smoothly.
2022-5-11
Use props
MaceloTxeira
lvl.1

Ireland

djiuser_feDWuekAFsBn Posted at 5-4 13:59
I'm having trouble "resting assuredly" that DJI is testing. I purchased the Mini 2 and a Note20 Ultra 5g a LONG time ago and DJI has yet to put the Note20 on the approved list. This combination has flown flawlessly for a long-long time, I want to say two years but I'm not positive. Now the DJI Fly App will not recognize the FAA LAANC Authorization.

2022-5-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MaceloTxeira Posted at 5-11 05:16

Heard ya the 1st time lol ;)Its the forum, its slow, just click the post button and wait a bit longer, you can see in the bottom left of your browser to see if its sending as a link will show up, i will try to capture it in a sec and add it here
Untitled.png
2022-5-11
Use props
djiuser_vwIL2xLMaXJV
New
Flight distance : 1010 ft
Ireland

djiuser_sPU4O4LNWjw0 Posted at 1-20 21:02
I have the same issue right now with my Mini 2 and my Note 20 ultra.
I can't install the APP, I downloaded it from the download center and every time this message "app not installed" .
I tried installing on an airplane mode as the support rep told me and also didn't work.

I have an Ultra 20 Note 5g.  Had the same issue.  There are 2 steps to fix.  1. Change font size to smallest possible. 2. Change screen resolution in Settings Display to lowest possible.  DJI App now works seamlessly.  Running 1.6.1
2022-5-18
Use props
AACSantos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82730 ft
Portugal

djiuser_vwIL2xLMaXJV Posted at 5-18 06:57
I have an Ultra 20 Note 5g.  Had the same issue.  There are 2 steps to fix.  1. Change font size to smallest possible. 2. Change screen resolution in Settings Display to lowest possible.  DJI App now works seamlessly.  Running 1.6.1

dindt work for me mate...
2022-5-24
Use props
djiuser_9oa7ZAhkczjZ
New
Flight distance : 669 ft
Argentina

Hi, I have the same problem with my Samsung Note 20. Why this happens? Is DJI going to fix this? I cant fly even the Air2s or the DJI FPV. Its not serious from the company doing this.
2022-8-20
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

I wouldnt use my phone anyway, because people ring you on it, while you are above a tree, or something.
2022-8-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_vwIL2xLMaXJV Posted at 5-18 06:57

Damn, wish i seen this 1st, lol

I think from what i can tell, it was down to Samsungs update, if you have the note 20 but not had the latest update yet, check it now, its this that caused the issue but DJI had resolved it now...

Just need to wait for the Go 4 app to work now....
2022-8-24
Use props
djiuser_47mousRsJl2R
New

United Kingdom

I have just changed my phone to a note 20 ultra and cannot get the dji app to open. It tells me to clear the cache and just closes.
I may as well sell the drone.
2023-2-18
Use props
MaceloTxeira
lvl.1

Ireland

djiuser_47mousRsJl2R Posted at 2-18 23:10
I have just changed my phone to a note 20 ultra and cannot get the dji app to open. It tells me to clear the cache and just closes.
I may as well sell the drone.

Hey, same thing happened to me, I removed the application from the phone and installed the most up tp dated one from the DJI site.
Try it out
2023-2-20
Use props
I_SEE_YOU
lvl.1

Mauritius

RenegadeCowboyAZ Posted at 2022-2-8 20:31
I use a Samsung Note 20 ultra 5g and it works perfect

Hi! Was just wondering were you able to do the quick transfer also?
2023-11-22
Use props
I_SEE_YOU
lvl.1

Mauritius

Hello everyone.

I just bought a mini 3 pro and everything works very well. My only concern is that I cannot switch to the quick transfer mode from the drone directly to my phone and I have a Samsung Note 20 Ultra not the 5 g version. Every time I try to connect it says "connection failed, failed to join WIFI network. I tried a different phone Honor X8 where it got connected very smoothly.

Is there any reason to that or am I doing something wrong??

thanks.
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

I_SEE_YOU Posted at 11-23 00:08
Hello everyone.

I just bought a mini 3 pro and everything works very well. My only concern is that I cannot switch to the quick transfer mode from the drone directly to my phone and I have a Samsung Note 20 Ultra not the 5 g version. Every time I try to connect it says "connection failed, failed to join WIFI network. I tried a different phone Honor X8 where it got connected very smoothly.

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please try the methods below and see if it will work?
1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Positioning functions are turned on in the mobile phone settings.
Note: In some Android mobile devices, the app Wi-Fi permission can be set separately. Check the Wi-Fi permission setting for the DJI Fly app and ensure that the Wi-Fi permission is allowed.
2. Try to use the Fixed 2.4 GHz function in the QuickTransfer Band. Go to the DJI Fly homepage - Settings - QuickTransfer Band - Fixed 2.4 GHz.
Note: If the connection failure can be resolved by using this method, it can be determined that the mobile phone’s 5G band does not cover 5.8 GHz.
3. Restart the mobile phone and aircraft.
4. Try to rename the aircraft's Wifi name and restart it. Need to connect the aircraft to the APP successfully first, and then enter the image transmission interface and click "three dots" - "About" - change the aircraft name & aircraft Wifi name.
Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules