Does anyone else's OP1 active track randomly recenter your frame?
451 2 2022-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hook-airs
lvl.1

United States

I'm having a problem with my active track on my Pocket 1 and I can't figure out what the issue is which causes it and am curious if anyone else has a similar issue.

OP mounted on a slider and connected to my phone/using the mimo app via USB cable, drag around the stationary object I want tracked, position where I want it to generally stay in frame using the on screen pan/tilt controller (centered left/right in frame in the lower 1/3 of frame using the on screen grid lines as a guide), and then try to record my shot.

After about 2 minutes or so of just basic slow movement (no panning or tilting, just the slider moving slowly left and right in a back and forth loop) it decides to recenter the tracked object in the frame from where I had placed it... and to boot, after that, I can't tilt up or down as much as I could before in order to reset the shot composition unless I remove the track target and then drag over the object to re-select it.  But this happens every time and watching the phone it never loses the object track, it just decides to center it in frame.

I can't figure out if the slow moving slider is somehow confusing the OP1 or if there's some sort of issue with the tracking software itself when it comes to not centering the tracked object in the frame but it's driving me nuts not being able to get this to work.  Tried it with older versions of mimo through to the newest version on my Note 9 and the behavior is consistent across all versions.

2022-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition I will post a DJI tutorial video on How to Use DJI Osmo Pocket's ActiveTrack. Thank you.

2022-1-4
Use props
hook-airs
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I've now tested my use case on a Note 9 and a Samsung A11 (not an officially supported phone, I know, but the only other phone I could test with currently) and across every Mimo app version from 1.34 through to current on my Note 9 (with 1.34 installed via Playstore, the current version from the Samsung app store, and the intermediary versions from the APKMirror website).

It gives the same issue with each app and device combo I was able to test, but the moment when it decides to recenter the track object in frame isn't as consistent as I originally thought it was (it seems to happen between 2 minutes and 3 minutes of tracking time).

I also tested tracking a HUGE track target and it exhibits the same reframing behavior regardless of the size of the object being tracked but the issue is less affected since I can't move the tracked object around as much with the joystick.

I did notice that, over time, the green box drawn around the object I'm trying to get it to track gets larger as the slider goes back and forth.  I think the issue here is that something to do with the back and forth is messing up where the OP thinks the object is which, if it is, I doubt there is anything which could be done to fix my issue.

If I may ask, does the active tracking feature function via contrast tracking to determine where an object is or is it something smarter than that at work?  I thought maybe high contrast would help it so I tested tracking a chroma key green square on a dark gray background but the end result is the same.
2022-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules