FPV Crash - How to download 'find my drone' video
3667 4 2022-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AMFly00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1221444 ft
Costa Rica

Hi, I had some problems with my FPV a couple of days ago. When turning on my drone on a cliff so I could fly safely over the ocean, I had a IMU calibration notification. I started calibrating IMU and got stuck near 70% (Don't remember the exact number)

After a couple of tries, I got the IMU calibrated, but when I lifted the drone it didnt go up straight, it almost hit me.
As I had very little control over it, I got it a little higher to figure out what was happening and land it safely.
Tried moving into different modes, but even if i moved the sticks fully the drone did not respond. I tried the brake button but it did not work. The after a few seconds the drone went full speed and decided to jump off the cliff crashing out of sight into some trees and in a beach below.

Unfortunately I was not able to find it that evening and when I got back there at 6am the next day the tide had already gone up and by the sand inside the shell, the rusty screws and the stuck motors....I'm pretty sure it swam in the ocean for a while!

When checking the Log I found this:

[url=]00m 00s[/url]0.0 ft0 ftWarningIMU error. Restart aircraft
D[url=]00m 01s[/url]0.0 ft0 ftModeMode changed to Assisted Takeoff
E[url=]00m 02s[/url]0.0 ft0 ftModeMode changed to FPV
F[url=]00m 02s[/url]0.0 ft0 ftWarningIMU error. Restart aircraft (repeated 2 times)
G[url=]00m 03s[/url]5.2 ft3 ftWarningIMU error. Restart aircraft. Cruise Control enabled
H[url=]00m 06s[/url]12.1 ft12 ftWarningIMU error. Restart aircraft
I[url=]00m 07s[/url]12.5 ft26 ftWarningIMU error. Restart aircraft. Cruise Control disabled
J[url=]00m 08s[/url]15.1 ft28 ftModeMode changed to P-GPS
K[url=]00m 08s[/url]15.1 ft28 ftWarningIMU error. Restart aircraft. Cruise Control disabled
L[url=]00m 10s[/url]6.6 ft28 ftWarningIMU error. Restart aircraft
M[url=]00m 25s[/url]43.6 ft35 ftTipSensor system error
N[url=]00m 25s[/url]43.6 ft35 ftWarningSensor system error. Return to home or land. IMU error. Restart aircraft
O[url=]00m 27s[/url]15.4 ft83 ftModeMode changed to FPV
P[url=]00m 27s[/url]15.4 ft83 ftTipSensor system error
Q[url=]00m 27s[/url]15.4 ft83 ftWarningSensor system error. Return to home or land. IMU error. Restart aircraft. Sport mode (Obstacle avoidance unavailable)
R[url=]00m 27s[/url]14.1 ft99 ftModeMode changed to Manual Mode
S[url=]00m 27s[/url]14.1 ft99 ftTipSensor system error
T[url=]00m 27s[/url]14.1 ft99 ftWarningSensor system error. Return to home or land. IMU error. Restart aircraft. Manual Mode
U[url=]00m 29s[/url]24.9 ft170 ftModeMode changed to FPV
V[url=]00m 29s[/url]24.9 ft170 ftTipSensor system error
W[url=]00m 29s[/url]24.9 ft170 ftWarningSensor system error. Return to home or land. IMU error. Restart aircraft. Sport mode (Obstacle avoidance unavailable)
X[url=]00m 30s[/url]28.2 ft240 ftModeMode changed to P-GPS
Y[url=]00m 30s[/url]28.2 ft240 ftTipSensor system error
Z[url=]00m 30s[/url]28.2 ft240 ftWarningSensor system error. Return to home or land. IMU error. Restart aircraft. Normal Mode
a[url=]00m 31s[/url]18.7 ft292 ftTipSensor system error
b[url=]00m 31s[/url]18.7 ft292 ftWarningSensor system error. Return to home or land. IMU error. Restart aircraft. Aircraft braking...
c[url=]00m 33s[/url]-29.9 ft532 ftLow RiskNot Enough Force/ESC Error (repeated 3 times)
d[url=]00m 34s[/url]-45.6 ft569 ftTipSensor system error

Any idea what might have happened and why I didn't have any control even in manual mode? I have been thinking if I did something wrong, but still can't figure out what might have been.

And if I go into Find my drone in my goggles I can see the video of the full flight but can't find a way to transfer it to my phone or computer. Is there any way to do that?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for your help!!!!

A.M.
2022-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there A.M. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI FPV and thank you for reaching out.  Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI FPV, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-1-4
Use props
djiuser_Zxm408vjb6Pc
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know how to download the video from "find my drone" or "last footage after signal loss" in the goggles. I can see the footage but wasn't recording to the SD card. Looking for a way to save the footage.
2022-9-24
Use props
Gdaniels57
New

United States

RE: djiuser_Zxm408vjb6Pc "Does anyone know how to download the video from "find my drone" or "last footage after signal loss" in the goggles. I can see the footage but wasn't recording to the SD card. Looking for a way to save the footage."

I had the same question and found the answer in a YouTube video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKkCcNLJC0o

The video explains how to access flight logs from the iPhone and view them, but you can also look in other folders and you will find the videos you seek and can then download them to your computer.  Hope this helps even though it's been a number of months.
2023-3-19
Use props
djiuser_Qs9F3SVn4BzJ
New

United States

I crashed my new FPV 5 minutes into my first flight!  The Camera view before loss only plays back 4 seconds of video, a clear image of the sky after crashing, nothing more.  I understand this is supposed to be 30 seconds long, not 4 seconds.  Can anyone help me receive the full 30 seconds of camera view before loss?  Thanks for any help on this costly error.
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules