Is the Ronin SC compatible with Sony A7IV (4)?
11749 14 2022-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jljohnson225
lvl.1

United States

I have a Ronin SC that I've used with my Sony A73 without issue. I haven't seen any firmware update or info on whether or not the Sony A7IV (4) is compatible with the gimbal with the existing firmware or if there will be an update to make it compatible. Any information would be appreciated!
2022-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, please refer to the link to search Ronin Series Compatibility: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?from=enbbs. Thanks.
2022-1-4
Use props
jljohnson225
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-4 18:09
Hi there, please refer to the link to search Ronin Series Compatibility: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?from=enbbs. Thanks.

Thank you. Did you see the A74 on that list? I didn't see it, which is what prompted my post to find out if there was any news of it being compatible in the near future.
2022-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jljohnson225 Posted at 1-4 18:11
Thank you. Did you see the A74 on that list? I didn't see it, which is what prompted my post to find out if there was any news of it being compatible in the near future.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Sony A74 is not on the Ronin SC compatibility list, the performance is unable to be guaranteed. We'll note down your voice and forward the request to our corresponding team.
2022-1-4
Use props
jljohnson225
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-4 23:32
Sorry for the inconvenience. Sony A74 is not on the Ronin SC compatibility list, the performance is unable to be guaranteed. We'll note down your voice and forward the request to our corresponding team.

Thank you. Hopefully it can be added like the A7S3 was when it was introduced.
2022-1-5
Use props
alej11
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

Sorry for the inconvenience. Sony A74 is not on the Ronin SC compatibility list, the performance is unable to be guaranteed. We'll note down your voice and forward the request to our corresponding team.

Are there any plans (soon) on making these 2 compatible? (in my case is the Ronin S + Sony A7 iv) i've searched everywhere for support and have found nothing.

If there is no plans, what upgrade programs/options do we have?
thank you
2022-4-10
Use props
Macfly Away
New
Belgium

Hello, any news about this compatibility ? Thanks
2022-6-2
Use props
sony a7V
lvl.1

Poland

a7IV does not work with ronin S. Could you add support? don't want to buy a new gimbal because of that
2022-6-30
Use props
fans8c3f38d0
New
Canada

Hello! any update on this? I also need the Ronin S to be compatible with Sony A7 iv
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_nL9ZTLcDDXzQ
New

Philippines

Hi! Was thinking of getting an A7iv, but sad to see the SC isn’t compatible with it. Are there any plans of adding this model in the compatibility list? Not planning to get another gimbal since the SC is great enough for my current needs. Thank you!
2022-11-20
Use props
Chrits
New
Austria

i also have sony a74 and ronin sc!
are there any updates
2022-11-24
Use props
baucomrick
New

United States

Sorry for the inconvenience. Sony A74 is not on the Ronin SC compatibility list, the performance is unable to be guaranteed. We'll note down your voice and forward the request to our corresponding team.

When will this become available (compatibility - Ronin SC and SOny A7iv)? notice that there have been over 4700 views on this forum - that should be a clue of the lost sales.
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

baucomrick Posted at 12-28 12:01
When will this become available (compatibility - Ronin SC and SOny A7iv)? notice that there have been over 4700 views on this forum - that should be a clue of the lost sales.

Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Sorry that we did not receive any accurate time for the time being.
But please rest assured that we have sent the model you provided to the DJI engineers for evaluation already. You can also go to the Ronin Series Compatibility Search page (https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=rs-2), and fill in "Request for your model" in the bottom right corner so that the DJI engineers can better understand your request.
Thank you for your understanding and support.

2022-12-29
Use props
thevisualg
lvl.1
Netherlands

Guys, of course there will be NO new firmware updates and respectively no support for Sony a7iv for a gimbal that is from 4 years ago+. How else DJI will sell their new gimbals? Don't be silly. You will always get the same answers from them.
You want gimbal that works with new cameras --> buy the new gimbals. Marketing is a b@#$h, I know, but that's the world we live in.
2023-1-19
Use props
djiuser_jKEtupC7Kxq2
New
Netherlands

I tried to mount and balance my Sony Alpha a7 IV with Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III VXD G2 Sony FE on the Ronin SC. Long story short; it did not work. There was no way of balancing it. It shook and depleted a full batetry in less than 20 seconds.

The SC worked fine with a Lumix GX80/85 and medium heavy lens. I guess the IV is too heavy.
2023-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules