Switching Goggles V2 DJI FPV mode back to Air Unit mode
3021 0 2022-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cesium356
lvl.2

United States

I've a newish v2 Goggle. Zero flight hours, maybe 1/2h of trying to power/update/configure on the bench. Purchased February of 2021, registered sometime between Sept-Nov of 2021 due to a battery issue out of the box.  So, new.

Today, while trying to bind to a Caddx Vista (FC firmware updated today) to the Goggles,  v01.02.0020 updated today,  the Goggles at some point on reboot switched over to the DJI FPV configuration. I'd never seen that before and at first thought it was an effect of binding, but for the "Aircraft and Remote Controller Disconnected" message under "Status".

What is the procedure to reset the Goggles into Air Unit FPV mode so I can bind with my new drone and use these goggles which I purchased nearly a year ago for the first time?

There have been some YouTube videos which reported a version of this, where the menu choice to switch back was not available until one bound with a DJI FPV drone, but also that some seven months ago there was to be a firmware update--confirmed to this popular YouTuber who got an early look and demo'ed the fix.  In what firmware update was that fix? I tried downgrading to the v01.02.001 firmware of July 2021 and the problem remains. I have never installed the v01.02.0000 version.

A full reset would be fine; I've no custom tunings installed. Resetting to an out-of-the-box configuration would also be fine.  One of these is possible, is it not?

Thanks for any direction you can give.

2022-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules