Hi, Where I can download the newest Firmware ? thank you
2022-4-14
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25794 ft
  • >>>
France

The new tools to upgrade on MAC don't work on my M1 MAX. It's say that I can't open it because it's a damaged application.
2022-4-14
Use props
fans8240cd91
lvl.1

United States

Chapeaublanc Posted at 4-14 08:09
The new tools to upgrade on MAC don't work on my M1 MAX. It's say that I can't open it because it's a damaged application.

Hi, where I can find the new tool for Mac? Thank you!
2022-4-15
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

fans8240cd91 Posted at 4-15 07:04
Hi, where I can find the new tool for Mac? Thank you!

There is a Google Drive link in the first post of this Topic.
2022-4-16
Use props
fans8240cd91
lvl.1

United States

Chapeaublanc Posted at 4-16 00:16

Hi is working good here on a M1 Macbook Pro 16"

Thank you Chapeaublanc !

BTW the performance with the Tamron 17-28m is OK, no great
2022-4-16
Use props
djiuser_lftNXow9ebDk
lvl.2

United States

Can you guys please add more native Compatability/Support for lenses such as Tamron 28-200mm f/2.8-5.6 Di III  and the newer version Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III VXD G2. The Tamron 28-200mm f/2.8-5.6 Di III seems to be a really good lens for the 4d since its a long telephoto lens that is still well balanced with the counterweight.
2022-4-24
Use props
Antonin
lvl.2
France

I made the update but I work with several Sony GM f/1.2 or f/1.4 and the follow focus is not very good on the faces... I had to go back to MF and made my focus... Not very confortable !
2022-4-25
Use props
Pensiero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13353 ft
Italy

Chapeaublanc Posted at 4-16 00:16

Hi, I downloaded the Mali_Mount_Upgrade_Tool_arm64.dmg on the google drive link in the first post of this topic, but I have a damaged app error when I start it.
How did you manage to install it?
I have an iMac M1.
2022-4-29
Use props
djiuser_3nndECHOsvY0
lvl.2
United States

Anyone thats able to update the E mount. Have you noticed success with Rokinon AF lenses working now?
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_Ym1FsH3FBhjJ
New

United States

I am receiving “Mali_Mount_Upgrade_Tool” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash. as an error on my m1 Mac. What can I do to make it run
2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_Ym1FsH3FBhjJ
New

United States

I am receiving “Mali_Mount_Upgrade_Tool” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash. as an error on my m1 Mac. What can I do to make it run
2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_Ym1FsH3FBhjJ
New

United States

Pensiero Posted at 4-29 08:23
Hi, I downloaded the Mali_Mount_Upgrade_Tool_arm64.dmg on the google drive link in the first post of this topic, but I have a damaged app error when I start it.
How did you manage to install it?
I have an iMac M1.

I had the same error. Let me know if you found a solution!
2022-5-14
Use props
tomtautz
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_Ym1FsH3FBhjJ Posted at 5-14 21:52
I had the same error. Let me know if you found a solution!

There is no way atm I can see. The only thing is to use a PC. That's what I did.
2022-5-17
Use props
Cinematic Trey
lvl.2
United States

Anyone know if this update allows the use of Rokinon AF lens?
2022-5-18
Use props
jync
New

New Zealand

I had the 'damaged and can’t be opened' error on a Mac Mini M1 running Monterey.
I was able to get around this and run the app by using the following command in terminal:

xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Mali_Mount_Upgrade_Tool.app

Firmware was upgraded successfully
2022-5-20
Use props
edmoore
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598150 ft
United Kingdom

jync Posted at 5-20 03:13
I had the 'damaged and can’t be opened' error on a Mac Mini M1 running Monterey.
I was able to get around this and run the app by using the following command in terminal:

Thank you so much!
2022-5-21
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I had the 'damaged and can’t be opened' error on a Mac Mini M1 running Monterey.

Thank you too!
2022-5-22
Use props
fans46f56ea8
lvl.1

United States

fans25ae509c Posted at 2-27 03:50
That happened when I first tried it.  I then tried opening the upgrade tool as administrator by right clicking the icon and the pick the administrator option when launching it.  Then it worked fine.

Wouldn’t work for me even when run as admin
2022-5-22
Use props
James Clarke
New

Australia

Mate thanks so much - super helpful
2022-6-17
Use props
sharpeleven
lvl.1
Switzerland

That did the trick for me! Thank you!
2022-6-20
Use props
fans097a2016
lvl.3
United States

tHE E-MOUNT IS UNRELIABLE, i have gone back to the dji lenses.
2022-6-21
Use props
danielson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2217149 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I'm shooting with the Sony 20mm 1.8 and Sony 35mm 1.8 - these two lenses are working quite well. Definitely not as good as the autofocus on my Canon R5C, but overall I'm happy with it. Sometimes I have problems if a objects moves from very far to near, but I think this has to do, that the lidar works only until 10m......from what I know.
2022-7-1
Use props
Samwize87
New

United States

Hey everyone,

So I recently aquired a Ronin 4D 6K and have been having some issues with focus and calibration when it comes to E Mount lenses. I've cross referenced my Sony GM lenses with the ones DJI's site says are compatible with the 4D, however none of them are able to rack focus. Then when I try and calibrate them auto calibration always fails and I'm unable to manually calibrate as turning the focus wheels on the camera don't do anything and the focus meter on the right side stays at infinity. A source I reached out to for help says the reason is because my lenses don't have focus stops and only lenses with focus stops are compatible with the 4D's calibration. Is this true? Is there something else I'm missing? Any and all info is appreciated. I'm up to date on the latest firmware with the camera but not sure if it's the E Mount that needs updating or what. The program in the google drive link provided above doesn't seem to be working anymore to find out.

Thanks so much
Sam
2022-8-22
Use props
KillerKingSSS
lvl.3
Mexico

fanse9cf925f Posted at 4-11 12:32
I'm totaly not happy with the E-Mount. Bought it at B&H New York. I have focus problems all over the place. I don't know if I have a Mali Mount or else. So I don't know if that firmware update is any good for my mount. I use the Sonys 14mm 1.8, 24mm Master 1.4, 35mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8 and the 85mm 1.8. The G-Master is working the worst by far although it is the most expensive and best lens in the bunch.
DJI must make an update quickly. This is so bad that I'm thinking about selling my 4D. We can't use it on pro shoots like that. Other than that the Ronin 4D is great but this stuff has to be fixed asap...
Thanks

I have the same lens as you (except the GM so I cant say if that model works) but the rest Sony 1.8 Lens are working well. One thing I noticed is, that even when the lens are recognized by the camera is better to auto calibrate for the AFM to work . Second thing is that normal AF is no reliable you have to set it to AMF Smart and then they works correctly.
If that doesnt work, then maybe you have a defective Mount.

Hope that helps.
2022-8-22
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Samwize87 Posted at 8-22 09:05
Hey everyone,

So I recently aquired a Ronin 4D 6K and have been having some issues with focus and calibration when it comes to E Mount lenses. I've cross referenced my Sony GM lenses with the ones DJI's site says are compatible with the 4D, however none of them are able to rack focus. Then when I try and calibrate them auto calibration always fails and I'm unable to manually calibrate as turning the focus wheels on the camera don't do anything and the focus meter on the right side stays at infinity. A source I reached out to for help says the reason is because my lenses don't have focus stops and only lenses with focus stops are compatible with the 4D's calibration. Is this true? Is there something else I'm missing? Any and all info is appreciated. I'm up to date on the latest firmware with the camera but not sure if it's the E Mount that needs updating or what. The program in the google drive link provided above doesn't seem to be working anymore to find out.

Maybe you haven't done the firmware update properly. I didn't go as far as you since I wasn't able to change my lens aperture and therefore quickly concluded that the E-mount adapter wasn't working. I was rescued by someone replying to a comment I made under a YouTube video. It turned out that my attempt to update the mount adapter's firmware hadn't worked, although it was difficult to tell.

The responder provided me with the following link, which revealed a familiar-looking page. Whether or not it was the same url I had gone to before, it made more sense to me second time around:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nYLSGXVELCn4eXrgsoMxkCeEHqbR9Zyj?usp=sharing

However, either I hadn't read the README PDF properly or I read the one for the Mac when I'm a Windows user. I have a feeling I followed steps other than those in the Readme pdf and possibly missed something as a consequence. Whatever I actually wound up doing was evidently wrong, so my advice is to open the pdf apprpriate to the operating system your computer runs and follow it to the letter. I can't remember any longer what the exact procedure was but it (1) felt more straightforward the second time than my earlier attempt and (2) First time around. the progress bar froze on 0% for several minutes while I repeatedly intercepted my screen-saver so it wouldn't interfere. Then it suddenly showed 100% after I nodded off to sleep and woke up to the very screen-saver I had been diligently trying to prevent. The second time around, however, the progress bar steadily filled up until the process was completed and the new firmware version appeared in the appropriate box. User friendly it isn't but it was fairly quick and my Sony lenses worked right away.

There should be no real need but if you want to have a look, the conversation that saved me weeks of anguish starts with the comments below this YouTube video:   It was the comment rather than the video which helped, so click Watch on YouTube rather than watch it here.

Look for this comment and its replies
OsideNikonShooter
Thanks, dude.  My e-mount doesn't work at all.  sending it back for sure if this trick doesn't work.

2022-8-23
Use props
djiuser_I8wkX3YluS4G
New

Sweden

Still having some issues with Sony and Sigma lenses. Weird focus breathing and sometimes the AF is way off.
2022-10-8
Use props
Dansker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1930873 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm on a M1 Max Mac and it says the application is damaged when I open the Mali Mount Upgrade Tool. Has anyone else run into this problem? Has this problem been fixed? After updating to the latest R4D firmware I can't use ANY of my E mount lenses that I've used with the camera for a year now.
2023-3-5
Use props
fans25a1975b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207992 ft
France

Dansker Posted at 3-5 08:46
I'm on a M1 Max Mac and it says the application is damaged when I open the Mali Mount Upgrade Tool. Has anyone else run into this problem? Has this problem been fixed? After updating to the latest R4D firmware I can't use ANY of my E mount lenses that I've used with the camera for a year now.

Hello.

I have the exact same issue with an M1 Max too. I can't load the app and all my Sony Lenses don't work anymore after the last DJI Ronin firmware update.
Please, help us and give us a quick fix for the app Mali Mount Upgrade ! Thanks.
2023-3-7
Use props
Jake Andrew
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

2023-3-7
Use props
fanse50b56cc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94908 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow...so happy with the update.... Finally the Sony F4 PZ 16-35 zoom work on the DJI Ronin 4d now
2023-3-9
Use props
Mr Ludo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448875 ft
United Kingdom

SOLVED ON A MAC! I tried all the suggestions of doing it through Terminal, but that did not work.

The solution is:
On your Mac, you have to use Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 10. Here is a good youtube video to take you through it:

Once you've done that, open and download the files from the drop box folder and follow the instructions for the PC.

[url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... view?usp=share_link]DropBox Link to Files[/url]

2023-3-9
Use props
Ford4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7608 ft

United States

Has anybody noticed an improvement on Zeiss lenses now that optical stabilization is apparently supported?
2023-3-10
Use props
Peter Berglund
lvl.1

Sweden

THANKS DJI!

With the new update of Ronin 4D and the E-mount, my Sony 18-105 zoom lens works perfect! And now with PZ from Ronin! Great!
2023-3-14
Use props
djiuser_50dQUBa9KlHN
New

United States

I have a RONIN 4D along with the lens mount for my Sony lens.. I plugged it up a while back and it malfunctioned my camera. Anyone have a successful download from the lens to the ronin itself?
2023-3-16
Use props
djiuser_50dQUBa9KlHN
New

United States

Peter Berglund Posted at 3-14 06:25
THANKS DJI!

With the new update of Ronin 4D and the E-mount, my Sony 18-105 zoom lens works perfect! And now with PZ from Ronin! Great!

Do you mind walking me through the download and how you were successful?
2023-3-16
Use props
djiuser_50dQUBa9KlHN
New

United States

Peter Berglund Posted at 3-14 06:25
THANKS DJI!

2023-3-16
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_50dQUBa9KlHN Posted at 3-16 09:19

Have you looked at the README file for your operating system?

The first post in this thread contains this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... view?usp=share_link which, when selected reveals the zip folder <Mali Mount Upgrade Tool EN.zip>. Inside this folder, together with the latest firmware v00.00.13.00 and programs, are README pdf files for Windows and Mac OS which give reasonably straightforward instructions. Obviously you'll need to take off the E-mount and connect it to your computer via its supplied USB puck but if you already got that far and are having trouble, let me know and I will try to help while the Windows-based procedure is fairly fresh in my mind.
2023-3-17
Use props
Drey. I
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

That’s real nice of them to make e mount lenses compatible.
2023-4-21
Use props
djiuser_rplMhX4US0WQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 365702 ft
United Kingdom

Okay thanks!
2023-4-22
Use props
joseugs
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Just updated my 4D on macOS Ventura 13.3.1 - no issues so far and the 200-600mm behaves all right with this new firmware.
2023-5-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules