Credit where Credit is due - DJI support
982 10 2022-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

I know we are super quick to shout our disatisfaction on here when a product we pay big prices on let us down, I purchased the Mavic 3 at the end of November & had probably 10 small flights all VLOS I may add & absoloutley loved the super sharp resolution from the recorded video it took, to be honest there was not really anything I disliked except for the dubious new advanced RTH feature, anyway back to the original topic, around Christmas I took it up on a quick flight as the sun had just gone down & light was fading rapidly, after about 15-20 min of flying it was getting dark & cold so I brought it overhead to land, as it was coming down vertically in the very faded light I didn't see a very long thin branch that was sticking out overhead about 20ft AGL & this caused the drone to clip the edge & was enough to shut down the motors, the drone landed on my small shed roof & bounced onto the floor, the end result being a trashed gimbal motor & a few minor scratches to the drone struts, not forgeting my backside which is still bruised from the extra kick & gave myself for causing this.

I opened a repair ticket with DJI ( no care refresh here ) from start to finish the service was superb, communication once began was precise & they kept me updated, bear in mind that especially at this time of the year when everything usually grinds to a halt, I was expecting a long wait, but no, around 9 days later I received my parcel back from DJI - a brand new Mavic 3 with not a single scratch - just needed me to bind my RC-Pro & update the firmware to latest version (had already done this on my old M3), total cost including shipping £77 very, very happy with this indeed, a big thumbs up from me DJI, will be taking extra care of this beauty from now on.
This reminded me of a recent video from Ian in London - youtuber where he while doing some OA tests had the misfortune to damage his M3 & had to send his off for repair - & getting a similar result, in the video he points out that may be cheaper depending on the extent of damage to use the repair option & pay rather than opt for DJI Refresh video here >

20211226_191243.jpg
2022-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job and thanks for showing the other side. Good luck with your new M3.
2022-1-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2022-1-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing your experience.
2022-1-6
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

I glad everything work out excellent with you !!
2022-1-6
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-6 11:29
I glad everything work out excellent with you !!

Thank goodness!  I think that your episode was made unnecessarily difficult through actions that were not of your making.  I hope that there are no more hiccups, and I look forward to you coming on this forum with observations about flying (actually flying), and not about disappearance!
2022-1-6
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant service, positive action from Dji. Thanks for sharing.
2022-1-6
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

In my case it was a Mini - 15 months ago, but same result.  I was very happy with the service from DJI.  I wrote that up back then:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=224044
2022-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tony64. Good day and thank you for sharing these wonderful information and your positive feedback for DJI. Rest assured that DJI is doing it's best to give out the best customer service to all our DJI members. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2022-1-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kewl! I loved this line: "still bruised from the extra kick & gave myself for causing this.". A "musician" named Brother Dave Gardner used "kick thineself" in one of his performances in the 60's.
DJI is in major damage control mode these days.

2022-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a really good result.    Well done to DJI.
2022-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules