10904 18 2022-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark7841
lvl.2
Flight distance : 352792 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone figured out how to share 3d models and mapping projects with clients through Terra? I have Pix4d mapper and cloud but I'm unable to properly export to it.
2022-1-6
Use props
fansb06c8725
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3963068 ft
  • >>>
United States

No doubt!  How do you share your results with clients so it is easy for them to view?  I like Terra but if you can’t share then it’s of no use.  
2022-2-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

You have to go to my documents/DJI/DJITerra/username/your project
All orthophotos, DSM... should be there.
2022-2-23
Use props
FlorianGhe
lvl.2

Romania

I for one cannot use the 3D model because it doesn't have coordinates.
2022-8-3
Use props
AWAS
New

United States

Does anyone have an answer to this been trying to send a 3d model image to a client and can’t figure out how to view the data once I export it. It’s saving as json files and I need to be able to show clients who don’t have DJI terra
2023-2-15
Use props
djiuser_AEoitJfIxkeq
lvl.1
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2022-2-23 09:54
You have to go to my documents/DJI/DJITerra/username/your project
All orthophotos, DSM... should be there.

Hi there, new DJI Terra user here. I can find this data but I don't know how to compile it to share with clients or move in a deliverable format. At the moment, I am only looking to share 2D orthomosaics and 3D models. How do I take these files and create something that can be shared and/or easily opened on computers without DJI Terra software?
2023-2-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_AEoitJfIxkeq Posted at 2-21 08:18
Hi there, new DJI Terra user here. I can find this data but I don't know how to compile it to share with clients or move in a deliverable format. At the moment, I am only looking to share 2D orthomosaics and 3D models. How do I take these files and create something that can be shared and/or easily opened on computers without DJI Terra software?

In your project folder you must find the format files required in Terra. If you asked for .LAS you will find a .LAS file, if you asked for a 3D file you should find OBJ...
But Terra is a big crap. Orient yourself rather towards Agisoft Metashape, PIX4D... it's up to you to try the evaluation versions and find which one suits you best.
2023-2-21
Use props
fans6a12706a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144692 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone found any real option for showing OBJ or B3DM files from DJI that doesn't require the end customer to buy Terra themselves?

Does @DJI actually have a viable plan for deliverables?

Or even merging the files to a single file. Many of the online viewer extensions have limits and having Terra chop up the model into 4 or 5 files is useless.
2023-2-28
Use props
djiuser_AEoitJfIxkeq
lvl.1
United States

fans6a12706a Posted at 2-28 01:04
Anyone found any real option for showing OBJ or B3DM files from DJI that doesn't require the end customer to buy Terra themselves?

Does @DJI actually have a viable plan for deliverables?

One way is to upload the files to Cesium and share a link with your end customer. There are also free 3D model viewers online, but they aren't very refined.
2023-3-13
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

To share a 3D model use Sketchfab. It's free and easy. To share an Orthomosaic easily I'm still trying to find a way. I have a 24GB GeoTIFF that I can't even open to down scale it. Flighthub 2 can display maps across devices but I don't see a way to share those maps without giving someone your credentials. Not recommended.
2023-3-13
Use props
ShammyLevva
New

United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-13 17:44
To share a 3D model use Sketchfab. It's free and easy. To share an Orthomosaic easily I'm still trying to find a way. I have a 24GB GeoTIFF that I can't even open to down scale it. Flighthub 2 can display maps across devices but I don't see a way to share those maps without giving someone your credentials. Not recommended.

Within the folder structure that is saved when you create the large geotiff file there will be a bunch of folders with a 2 digit number these are the tile layers. A tile is a 256x256 file that can be stitched together to display the image.

If you load these files up to a web server by just copying them you can point any GIS software that can display tileserver data at them. Things like the free QGIS is easy to use, or you can create overlays in Google Earth using a conversion server like https://github.com/grst/geos

Basically your file server has the files in 3 steps the 2 digit number is the “zoom level” or z value, the next directory is the X layer and the that directory contains the files that have the name.png or .jpg as the y value.

You then just point your software at http(s)://yourservername.com/yourtiledirectory/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

The software then just asks the tileserver for the right tiles at the right zoom and stitches them together on the fly as the user pans around and zooms in and out.

So by a simple copy and paste from the map directory of terra once it’s created your 2d ortho to your web server then you can view your Ortho on any software that can view tileservers.

Hope this helps.
2023-5-22
Use props
wackel-dackel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 376529 ft
  • >>>
Norway

ShammyLevva Posted at 5-22 16:03
Within the folder structure that is saved when you create the large geotiff file there will be a bunch of folders with a 2 digit number these are the tile layers. A tile is a 256x256 file that can be stitched together to display the image.

If you load these files up to a web server by just copying them you can point any GIS software that can display tileserver data at them. Things like the free QGIS is easy to use, or you can create overlays in Google Earth using a conversion server like https://github.com/grst/geos

This is too complicated for a regular user.
I think that DJI Terra in general is outstanding (fast, precise, reliable, easy, good data handling and export), just missing an online view tool for all projects to easy share the results and models with clients and other people. (This is a very important part of the software)
Ideal would be a solution in browser without any download/installing procedure. In the moment that becomes part of the software it will be unbeatable.
WebODM for example has such a solution in the package now, this is why we use it until Terra will have a online viewer.
2023-6-23
Use props
BaddogTwo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2783189 ft
United States

I found them after creating this directory structure.  Then setting Terra to use this as the Cache folder, then the software moved all my projects and files to this new directory Everything was there

E:\DJI\Terra Cache\
2023-6-23
Use props
Pysiak
lvl.1

Poland

Hi.
The free account at https://cesium.com/ has a capacity of 5 GB, so you can upload quite big project to share.
But I have another question: do you know any program/software that I could use to present projects offline? I have DJI Terra installed on a powerful PC, but I would like to show potential clients my projects during the presentation offline from my laptop.
2023-6-27
Use props
Edmondm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8449826 ft
  • >>>
United States

wackel-dackel Posted at 6-23 01:13
This is too complicated for a regular user.
I think that DJI Terra in general is outstanding (fast, precise, reliable, easy, good data handling and export), just missing an online view tool for all projects to easy share the results and models with clients and other people. (This is a very important part of the software)
Ideal would be a solution in browser without any download/installing procedure. In the moment that becomes part of the software it will be unbeatable.

I agree with you and feel the same. I wish they had a service that can make it easy for us.
2023-8-22
Use props
Edmondm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8449826 ft
  • >>>
United States

ShammyLevva Posted at 5-22 16:03

John will you be willing to consult with me and teach me how to do this? Of course I can compensate you for your time. What you said is a bit too technical for me. I also have produced a 3D model via DJI Terra and I am trying to share with with my customer who wants this on their website.
2023-8-22
Use props
ShammyLevva4
New

United Kingdom

Edmondm Posted at 8-22 14:05
John will you be willing to consult with me and teach me how to do this? Of course I can compensate you for your time. What you said is a bit too technical for me. I also have produced a 3D model via DJI Terra and I am trying to share with with my customer who wants this on their website.

My name is Alexander not John. I'd be happy to show you how we have done this for my company. It sounds complicated but once you deploy it to a website once it's trivial to simply give the client a URL and they can browse around and zoom in on the images. With the Zenmuse P1 and RTK M300 we have got images that are sub cm per pixel so are super detailed. I'm happy to share my knowledge on how we achieved this.

All you need is a webserver to upload the images that DJI terra already creates and a couple of lines of javascript on a webpage to serve them up. People have written presentation libraries that take care of the reset.
Edit: to date I've not worked out how to display 3d models but hope to have the time over the Xmas new year period to work it out.
2023-12-7
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

ShammyLevva4 Posted at 2023-12-7 15:10
My name is Alexander not John. I'd be happy to show you how we have done this for my company. It sounds complicated but once you deploy it to a website once it's trivial to simply give the client a URL and they can browse around and zoom in on the images. With the Zenmuse P1 and RTK M300 we have got images that are sub cm per pixel so are super detailed. I'm happy to share my knowledge on how we achieved this.

All you need is a webserver to upload the images that DJI terra already creates and a couple of lines of javascript on a webpage to serve them up. People have written presentation libraries that take care of the reset.

I am also looking for help with Dji Terra in sending the files B3dm or ply formats to a 3d viewer instead of terra it self ....

Dji can use some help on this topic

thank you
1-28 09:42
Use props
Kiko977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5407730 ft
  • >>>
Tanzania

Hi all,
we had the same problem and we found a solution with Nira App.
It's a paid service, but works fine for both 3D and Orthos.

https://wti360.nira.app/a/b-YljbdbRgeJahtMAmG_WA/1
4-1 01:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules