Flying Mini 2 in Mexico
3789 4 2022-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brain
lvl.1
United States

I'll be traveling from the US to Quintana Roo for a personal project next month and am having trouble getting a consnesus on the regulations for drones under 250g. I was going to take my Mini 2, but cannot tell if that will allow me to fly legally since I'm not a Mexican citizen. I've emailed the regulatory agency in Mexico, but have not gotten a response. I have a couple of questions:
1. Since these regulations are constantly changing, has anyone flown there recently?
2. Can anyone recommend a company that would allow me to hire a local drone operator in Mexico?

Thanks!
2022-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there brain. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who visited Mexico can give out there experiences in bringing there DJI drones. For reference, kindly please read through your airline's battery transportation regulations when traveling with LiPo batteries and I will post a link where in you can learn about regulations for your specific airline ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/airlines ). Thank you and please stay safe always.
2022-1-6
Use props
brain
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-6 20:39
Hello there brain. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who visited Mexico can give out there experiences in bringing there DJI drones. For reference, kindly please read through your airline's battery transportation regulations when traveling with LiPo batteries and I will post a link where in you can learn about regulations for your specific airline ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/airlines ). Thank you and please stay safe always.

Thank you Stephen. This is very helpful.
2022-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

brain Posted at 1-7 09:59
Thank you Stephen. This is very helpful.

Hi there brain. You are very much welcome and if you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-1-10
Use props
fans2776b869
lvl.1
Mexico

Hi Brain.  Did you already take your trip?  Did you bring your mini 2?  I'm a US citizen living in Mexico, and have my "green card" (Permanent resident).  Also a new Mini 2 owner!  My understanding is that drones under 250g do not need to be registered (indeed, drones under 2 KILOS need not be).  The letter of the law says that only Mexican citizens can operate drones here, but like much of the laws in this lovely country, there is little enforcement.  If you are/were staying at a resort in Cancun, I'd check with them to see if they have their own policy (many do).  Since the beach is open to all, I think you'd be fine flying over water, for example.  I'm using a waterfront cliff/lookout point as my practice area, and other than people who stop by for the view, there have been no issues thus far.  Best of Luck to you.
2022-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules