Update to Mimo Phone List
704 4 2022-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RV-Dronenam
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

I am forced to upgrade my phone (Samsung S9 Plus) by the end of this month because 3G is being phased out on the Consumer Cellular Network.

A list of supported phones for the Mimo software (for OM5) has been published.  However, the phone I am considering is not on the list.  Can you please update the list of Samsung (and all) phones that the Mimo software will run on?  Or list the phones in this topic/thread.

Thanks In Advance,

RV-Droneman
2022-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RV-Droneman. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Team for attention. In addition, please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.
2022-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mimo will still work without a 3g connection,   you could just keep the old phone for filming.  If not avoid Android 12 as its not widely supported yet.
2022-1-7
Use props
RV-Dronenam
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-7 00:40
Mimo will still work without a 3g connection,   you could just keep the old phone for filming.  If not avoid Android 12 as its not widely supported yet.

Thank you for your help and support. However, not only is the 3G network scheduled to be disabled (for Consumer Cellular Network phones) by the end of this month but my phone, Samsung S9 Plus, only has 64GB of internal storage .  I have a 256GB SD card installed but the Mimo soft will not access nor write/store pictures/videos to the SD card.  This SD card issue has been discussed in other topics//threads.

I am going to get a new  Samsung cell phone with at lease 128GB of internal storage.  If you can not provide me with a list of the new Samsung phones that will run the Mimo software, I will be forced to return my OM5.  Without more memory (internal or SD card) the OM5 device is useless to me.

RV-Droneman
2022-1-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RV-Dronenam Posted at 1-7 09:47
Thank you for your help and support. However, not only is the 3G network scheduled to be disabled (for Consumer Cellular Network phones) by the end of this month but my phone, Samsung S9 Plus, only has 64GB of internal storage .  I have a 256GB SD card installed but the Mimo soft will not access nor write/store pictures/videos to the SD card.  This SD card issue has been discussed in other topics//threads.

I am going to get a new  Samsung cell phone with at lease 128GB of internal storage.  If you can not provide me with a list of the new Samsung phones that will run the Mimo software, I will be forced to return my OM5.  Without more memory (internal or SD card) the OM5 device is useless to me.

The supported devices are listed here - https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2022-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules