695 61 2022-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Little update.   Went past yesterday and sent the drone over and then followed the paths to see how to get in,   think I found the spot but it was overgrown.

Then a mile further up the path I saw the ranger,  he (maybe she not sure) had been cutting back the trees and they stopped, lit a fire and was boiling an old fashioned kettle.   He was aware of the tents but they had long been abandoned when they came across them.  They assumed it was growing stuff.
2022-1-13
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Nicely done.
2022-1-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks ro_flyer.   
2022-1-13
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

2022-1-13
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 1-13 00:51
Little update.   Went past yesterday and sent the drone over and then followed the paths to see how to get in,   think I found the spot but it was overgrown.

Then a mile further up the path I saw the ranger,  he (maybe she not sure) had been cutting back the trees and they stopped, lit a fire and was boiling an old fashioned kettle.   He was aware of the tents but they had long been abandoned when they came across them.  They assumed it was growing stuff.

Ahh at least they are aware of it.
2022-1-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-13 00:49
little update.   Went past yesterday and sent the drone over and then followed the paths to see how to get in,   think I found the spot but it was overgrown.

That totally makes sense.  
2022-1-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-13 16:26
That totally makes sense.

It certainly answers the questions I think.
2022-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 1-13 15:00
Ahh at least they are aware of it.

Yes.   They did seem quite disinteresting in though.
2022-1-14
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 1-14 03:34
Yes.   They did seem quite disinteresting in though.

At least you did your part in being vigilante.
2022-1-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 1-14 19:20
At least you did your part in being vigilante.

I guess I did DJ.
2022-1-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-14 03:33
It certainly answers the questions I think.

Mystery solved.  
2022-1-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes. but the forum is now not loading the threads for me now either.
2022-1-15
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
United States

2022-1-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-15 07:16
Yes. but the forum is now not loading the threads for me now either.

Happen to me yesterday quite a bit, glitching that is.
2022-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-16 03:10
Happen to me yesterday quite a bit, glitching that is.

Becoming an almost daily thing for me now I think.
2022-1-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-16 03:13

Got to agree with you as it just happened to me again today.  Oh well, it is what it is.  
2022-1-17
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1482434 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 1-16 03:13

Thread is keeping us entertained DA, be interesting to see if there is an outcome.
2022-1-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sky wombat Posted at 1-17 16:08
Thread is keeping us entertained DA, be interesting to see if there is an outcome.

Went past yesterday and sent the drone over and then followed the paths to see how to get in,   think I found the spot but it was overgrown.

2022-1-18
Use props
ATKAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112303 ft
Australia

More than likely grow tents. Whether still in use or not, can't tell. The many open upright vessels would have been trolleyed in the wheelie bin, and now sit to catch rainwater for the plants. The many bottles are most likely carried in water and/or liquid fertiliser. Few police mates have talked about this setup before. Cannabis is a very thirsty plant.

Great find though, not worth risking the drone too much, but would be cool to come down lower and see if you can peak in a doorway from an angle
2022-1-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ATKAS Posted at 1-18 21:15
More than likely grow tents. Whether still in use or not, can't tell. The many open upright vessels would have been trolleyed in the wheelie bin, and now sit to catch rainwater for the plants. The many bottles are most likely carried in water and/or liquid fertiliser. Few police mates have talked about this setup before. Cannabis is a very thirsty plant.

Great find though, not worth risking the drone too much, but would be cool to come down lower and see if you can peak in a doorway from an angle

Absolutly right ATKAS,   There is a stream that runs through the middle of the site so plenty of water.   I spoke with the ranger its abandoned and they knew about it.
2022-1-19
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 1-15 01:14
I guess I did DJ.

2022-1-20
Use props
Shiver_P
lvl.2

United States

There was a case when I also came across an abandoned tent. It was night, we were walking through the woods at night and I stumbled over some heavy bag. After looking around, we realized that we had stumbled upon an abandoned tent. It was in a terrible state and the things in it were the same. But I recognized it as a tent similar to the one I saw in Canopy Tent Reviews. We still don't know who could have lived there and what happened to him.
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules