4886 58 2022-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snoopy70
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

BeccaKirk123678 Posted at 1-21 06:10
My husband and I have been married for about 7 years now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone. He started coming home late from work, he hardly cared about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the Internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr Osita can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he did a spell for me. Two days later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promised never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. My family and I are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Osita. If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. This is his Email:  () or WhatsApp him (+15088120454) website: http://drositamiraclespell.website2.me

WTF this have to do with drone being out of control?
Can Dr Ostia help my DJI Mini2 get control?
2022-1-21
Use props
Musa.on.heights
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46663 ft

Pakistan

hello i am also facing a problem with my mini 2 going out of control and just gaining altitude without any command given, it went till its limit which was 500m
it was very difficult to get it down, i had to hold down the joystick with a lot of power which helped the drone come down, even when i tried rth it only moved to rth point vertically but did not come down
here is the flight log
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/37CI7GNM6Z9Q668CRVW4
2023-8-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Musa.on.heights Posted at 8-14 06:51
hello i am also facing a problem with my mini 2 going out of control and just gaining altitude without any command given, it went till its limit which was 500m
it was very difficult to get it down, i had to hold down the joystick with a lot of power which helped the drone come down, even when i tried rth it only moved to rth point vertically but did not come down
here is the flight log

Umm the log tells a different story, the climb was commanded.
If you are absolutely certain you did not give the drone full throttle I would calibrate the controller and use a screen capture app to record the calibration, also pay attention to what the calibration shows you as you move the sticks.

The attached is the CsvVIew output after processing the csv downloaded from Phantom help, the phantom help replay shows pretty much the same thing.
One thing bothers me though about the indicated throttle, after 2:40 or so it it pretty much full throttle or 0 throttle with very little in between, that seems odd to me. Sorry about the double upload of the diagram.

In addition, if the climb was uncommanded reducing the set maximum height would probably have limited the climb and or reduced the drone's height if the drone was already above the 'new, lowered' max height. Whilst I eveny you the terrain where a ceiling of 500m is viable, be wary of setting/using such limits and heights, the winds up there may be radically different from where you are at ground level.

I am also somewhat bothered that the first battery level warning was at 20% and not higher but it got down safe and that's the main thing.

BTW the drone does not like the memory card, it might be advisable to change it.

2023-8-14
Use props
_musa
lvl.1

Pakistan

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-14 10:36
Umm the log tells a different story, the climb was commanded.
If you are absolutley certain you did not give the drone full throttle I would calibrate the controller and use a screen capture app to record the calibration, also pay attention to what the calibration shows you as you move the sticks.

is it possible that the joysticks centre point may be disturbed cause even when i was trying to bring it down  i had to push very hard on the joystick, and when the joystick was in rest the drone was still going up
2023-8-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try the calibration I suggested and screen record it.
2023-8-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In addition to the "reduce the set max height " thing suugested in post #43, two other options come to mind.
However these are made with the benefit of hindsight and no panic.
1) Switch the controller off and trigger the failsafe RTH, if the controller has gone haywire and is sending out incorrect signals that will terminate those signals and 'correct behaviour' should take over.
2) As a last resort, in the App change the "emergency motor stop" response to "Anytime" and depending on the airspace and what's beneath the drone, use the CSC to shut  down the motors. This would probably result in the drone's destruction but that might be preferable to it getting into conflict with a plane etc..
The delay period for the ''Always'' setting is about 1.7 seconds and that is TOO SHORT A DELAY, to have the option set to that in a normal flight, people have accidentally triggers mid air shut down with that option set.

2023-8-14
Use props
_musa
lvl.1

Pakistan

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-14 11:43
In addition to the "reduce the set max height " thing two other options come to mind, and these are made with the benefit of hindsight and no panic.
1) switch the controller off and trigger the failsafe RTH, if the controller has gone haywire and is sending out incorrect signals that will terminate those signals.
2) As a last resort, in the App change the "emergency motor stop" response to "Anytime" and depending on the airspace and what's beneath the drone, use the CSC to shut  down the motors. This would probably result in the drone's destruction but that might be preferable to it getting into conflict with a plane etc..

is CSC the emergency propeller stop
also how do i upload my screen recording

2023-8-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"is CSC the emergency propeller stop?"
Yes.
"also how do i upload my screen recording"
Youtube or Vimeo perhaps.
2023-8-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Musa.on.heights Posted at 8-14 06:51
here is the flight log

Hi,

Had a look at your log, your uncontrolled climb.

But was it a controlled by you UP or ? no, not by you.

At 2m47.1s : 100% DOWN stick for 4 records
At 2m47.5s : 100% UP stick, uh  not possible to see 100% down to 100% Up in 0.1 second!

See my charts of your data. Last part the RC UP DOWN goes from 100% UP to DOWN ect. not done by you.

Chart3 : see the UP into DOWN for 0.1s, UP again.  This is not a RC stick move by you.
So this climbing was uncontrolled.
Ofcourse you made UP DOWN input on the RC, but this input was not what the data shows, more or less a digital 1 and -1 value. (up down)

Most likely a fail in the RC itself.

Happily you could manage to get the Mini2 landed on time, from 500 meters high up in the air!

cheers JJB    [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for data and visual flightlog analysis (JJBFRAP@GMAIL.COM) ]

Analysis1.png
Analysis2.png
Analysis3.png
2023-8-15
Use props
_musa
lvl.1

Pakistan

During the flight the drone suddenly started rocketing into the air without any command given and obviously I was pulling the joystick down all the time so when you see that it got down a bit that’s when I was able slightly get the drone down but then it itself skyrocketed back up but later I was able to fully bring it down and I almost landed but due to low battery the drone started going up again but this time it went up because of low battery so RTH near the end of the flight
I never pulled the joystick upwards throughout the flight
At all times I had the joystick pulled down wards but the drone only came down when I put a lot of pressure on it
2023-8-16
Use props
_musa
lvl.1

Pakistan

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-14 14:22
"is CSC the emergency propeller stop?"
Yes.
"also how do i upload my screen recording"

https://youtu.be/V7zUjn6swqs

Also from what I understood is that this shows the controller to be perfect but when I flew it it was fine early in the flight after a few minutes this issue started
I flew again after this from a different device same thing happened earlier it was working perfectly but then it started going up. But this time I knew that I had to put pressure on it so I was able to get it down more calmly
2023-8-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

_musa Posted at 8-16 16:28
https://youtu.be/V7zUjn6swqs

Also from what I understood is that this shows the controller to be perfect but when I flew it it was fine early in the flight after a few minutes this issue started

I would suggest that you retry the controller calibration but this time do the control sticks BEFORE the gimbal dial, I do not like the way it completes the calibration before we see a full range of movement from the right stick. I actually move the sticks in circles and squares as well as crosses and, after each stick has been triggered, often move both sticks simultaneously in those circles and squares,
THEN I do the gimbal dial but, similar to your video, the calibration completes before I see full range of movement in the second direction of the gimbal dial.
2023-8-16
Use props
_musa
lvl.1

Pakistan

https://youtu.be/U55a07rhH48
2023-8-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you then twiddle the gimbal dial?
2023-8-20
Use props
_musa
lvl.1

Pakistan

https://youtu.be/z_IsP6RPjNk
2023-8-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What I see in the video of the your calibration is some VERY nice stick control and they seemingly behave correctly.
BUT
When I try the gimbal dial with my controller it gives me near two full displacements, L & R, before it completes the calibration. I tried 3 other controller's and the all behaved the way mine does.
I do not know if this is significant.
2023-8-21
Use props
_musa
lvl.1

Pakistan

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-21 05:08
What I see in the video of the your calibration is some VERY nice stick control and they seemingly behave correctly.
BUT
When I try the gimbal dial with my controller it gives me near two full displacements, L & R, before it completes the calibration. I tried 3 other controller's and the all behaved the way mine does.
I don’t know what you exactly mean by that
The gimbal was working perfectly the last time I flew my drone. As I said before the drone in the beginning of the flight was functioning perfectly but it started ascending on its own a bit later on in the flight
2023-8-21
Use props
_musa
lvl.1

Pakistan

Hi can u pls update me on what I should do next
2023-8-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The video appears to show you moving the joysticks in a mixture of crosses,+, circles, o,  and then X's, Is that correct? The X's, if done, were very well done as they look to be on perfect diagonals, is that correct?

If your stick movement were as described above then I see nothing wrong with the controller and I am at a loss to explain why the drone went haywire.

My suggestions, reduce the maximum height limit of the drone significantly, that hopefully would prevent it going so high and the problem occurrs again, stay close to the homepoint so that the height is not needed until you regain confidence in the drone - id you do regain confidence etc.. If needs be you can reduce the height limit whilst the drone is in flight.
I experimented with this with either a Mini or a Mini 2 and if the drone is above the new height limit then the change will cause the drone to descend until it is at, or under, the new limit.
Perhaps try some indoor flights and see if the drone climbs uncommanded or tether the drone with some light, strong string but do that in an open space devoid of trees and wires and attach some spaced out paper clips etc. to the tether to ensure that the tether descends when the drone does. You do not want the tether descending more slowly than the drone otherwise it may foul the props. If you tether the drone keep to pure movement above the home point, a tether that snags on something on the ground could cause the drone to crash.

I would also see if you can find some one else with a mini 2 and, if they will let you, use their controller on your drone to see if the problem lies in the drone. Or look for a second hand UNBOUND controller on the likes of ebay if ebay exists there.
2023-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules