Ipad mini 6 not working with DJI Fly
4925 15 2022-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Travis798
lvl.2
Flight distance : 955942 ft
United States

Hey guys. So I just purchased my first apple device, a mini 6 to use when flying my mavic air 2. The problem is, I can't get it to work.

When I plug the tablet into the RC, a message on the tablet will say this accessory is not supported with this device. I have tried multiple cables, in every combination of flipping the connectors around and nothing. I have the latest firmware according to DJI Assistant 2, my fly app is 1.5.4, the mini 6 is up to date. I've deleted and reinstalled the fly app multiple times, I performed a reset on the tablet, and nothing has worked.

The RC connects to the aircraft fine, and my android phone works fine with everything as it has been. I bought this Ipad because people have confirmed that the mini 6 is working with their Mavic air 2, and I've read in many places that IOS devices tend to have fewer problems and play nicer with DJI than android devices, but I'm seriously regretting it at the moment.

Can anyone think of anything else I can do? I'm completely new to apple and ios so maybe I'm just missing a setting somewhere (I hope).

Any help would be appreciated.

2022-1-8
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375318 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an IPAD 5 with MA2 and MA2S and MP2 and works fine. You should contact DJI Support if you haven't done so.
2022-1-11
Use props
AvroTrain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375318 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an IPAD 5 with MA2 and MA2S and MP2 and works fine. You should contact DJI Support if you haven't done so. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-1-11
Use props
ExplorickOne
lvl.2
United States

You may had already found the answer, I had the same issue when I plug my iPad. Make sure the controller is not plug with the mini cable on the side as well. only the ipad cable needs to be plug. I bet that is your issue. Good luck.
2022-1-11
Use props
Travis798
lvl.2
United States

The iPad was boxed up and sent back due to it's complete failure to work. I'm using my 5 year old tab S3 for now have a tripltek 8 pro on the way
2022-1-11
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bummer to hear, but I think you made the right decision with the Tripltek 8 Pro. I have one on order too and based on reviews, it won't dim when hot and it's much brighter in the sunlight.
2022-1-11
Use props
Travis798
lvl.2
United States

I know I'll prefer the brightness of the Tripltek but I was kind of bummed the Ipad didn't work for me. I was really trying not to pay very premium money for a tablet that is basically outdated, aside from screen brightness, at release. I'm sure I'll be happy with it though.
2022-1-11
Use props
Travis798
lvl.2
United States

I received the Tripltek yesterday and have put about 40 minutes of flight time on it. For the most part, I like it. It was mostly cloudy yesterday but when the sun came through I made sure to stand in it and I could still see my screen. Granted, turning my body to block some reflection still helped, as it would with any tablet, but I could see the screen better than I could with my phone or another tablet.

This thing is heavy. 1.3 pounds heavy. By Comparison the ipad mini 6 is 0.6 lbs. That is 297 grams for the cellular ipad mini 6 to 590 grams for the Tripltek. The weight wasn't really an issue when flying, but I did use a lanyard. Trying to use it as a tablet while sitting in my recliner is where I really noticed the weight. This thing is barely lighter than my surface pro but with a much smaller screen. I did not find it very enjoyable for use as a tablet. That could change in time.

I'm still very glad I got the tablet vs the smart controller as screen real estate is a big deal to me. Without being able to use the Mini 6 with a sunshade however, I'm not entirely sure on which setup I'd prefer.
2022-1-13
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Weird you had this problem.  I finally replace my iPad Mini 4 because it wasn't powerful enough for DJI Fly.  I bought a mini 6 and it worked perfectly out of the box.  I generally avoid Apple products but this is a very nice device and fun to use for other things as well.
2022-1-16
Use props
Mavic2-mmob
New
United States

BKahuna Posted at 1-16 21:44
Weird you had this problem.  I finally replace my iPad Mini 4 because it wasn't powerful enough for DJI Fly.  I bought a mini 6 and it worked perfectly out of the box.  I generally avoid Apple products but this is a very nice device and fun to use for other things as well.

What cord did you get the cord that came with the mavic 2 remote has the standard iphone end - does not work with the ipad mini 6 - I purchased a micro usb type B - to usb-c and still not working for me.
2022-5-15
Use props
djiuser_4X50PSrnfbXS
New

United States

So it’s 8/9/2022 and this is still a problem. I have an iPad mini 6 and nothing I try( new cables, connecting it to power, a dongle to convert to usb) none of these works. I connect the iPad to the controller and the only thing that happens is it will say it’s connected and than not connected and keep doing this over and over. I have tried all versions of the apps that are available and that didn’t do anything either. How can you guys not be on top of such a minor detail. It’s a apple product there has to be a fix for this.
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_4X50PSrnfbXS
New

United States

So upset I can’t use my mini 6
2022-8-9
Use props
fansf377f6c0
New
Netherlands

Hello everyone!

I've got a problem regarding the use of an ipad mini 6 with the dji air 2. When connecting the ipad to the controller, it charges for about 1 sec, then stops charging for about 6 seconds. This chargingcycle then constantly repeats itself. I'm not able to get a solid connection between the controller and ipad/dji fly app. I've tried multiple usb-c data cables, ipad has newest software (ipadOS 15.7), latest version of the dji fly app, and flashed the latest firmware to the drone. When connecting my mobile phone (android) i don't have any issues at all. Can anyone relate to this problem, and is there a possible fix?
Thanks in advance.
2022-10-10
Use props
fansf377f6c0
New
Netherlands

djiuser_4X50PSrnfbXS Posted at 8-9 11:11
So it’s 8/9/2022 and this is still a problem. I have an iPad mini 6 and nothing I try( new cables, connecting it to power, a dongle to convert to usb) none of these works. I connect the iPad to the controller and the only thing that happens is it will say it’s connected and than not connected and keep doing this over and over. I have tried all versions of the apps that are available and that didn’t do anything either. How can you guys not be on top of such a minor detail. It’s a apple product there has to be a fix for this.

Hi!

I've got exactly the same problem you mentioned. Do you already find a fix for this problem? You seem to be the only one with this exact issue.

2022-10-11
Use props
fansf377f6c0
New
Netherlands

djiuser_4X50PSrnfbXS Posted at 8-9 11:11

Hi!

I finally found the problem regarding the ipad mini 6 and rc-n1 remote controller. I bought the dji air 2 when it came out, and it looks like there are two versions of this controller. I have the 'first gen', you can recognize it at the white battery status LED's, and the mode switch. The most left mode is called 'tripod' mode. There seems to be a second version of this remote. It has green batterystatus LEDs, and the most left mode is called 'cine'. I think the first gen remote has got problems supplying enough power to the ipad mini 6, therefore it can't make a stable connection. I just came back from a friend of my who has this 'second' version of the remote. I plugged it in and it works straight away! So i recommend buying this newer version of the dji rc-n1.
2022-10-11
Use props
Ilike2Fly
New
United States

I struggled to connect a Mavic Air 2 with the DJI Fly app using a new iPad Mini 6 (WiFi version) running iOS 16.5.  I have an older iPad Air with iOS 12.5.7 that connects with no issues, but this uses a lightning cable.  Reinstalling the DJI Fly app using the supplied Apple USB-C cable made no difference.  After going back and forth between the iPad Mini and iPad Air, I noticed the iPad Air indicated a firmware update was available for both aircraft and rc-n1 controller.  I just performed a firmware update last weekend, but this was the first time I flew the aircraft this year.  Not sure what versions those were, but after I updated again to the versions listed below, I was able to connect using the iPad Mini, so it seems I needed newer firmware to make the iPad Mini connect.  I do have the older rc-n1 controller with white LEDs that fans mentioned above.  Sometimes USB-C cables have a direction, but this didn't seem to matter after further testing.

Mavic Air 2 with iPad Mini 6 iOS 16.5
Aircraft firmware 1.01.1300
RC firmware 4.11.0200
App version 1.10.1
2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules