7571 242 2022-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I am so upset right now. Did a flight this morning and the drone was going well and then at around a couple of hundred meters it disconnected and only reconnected when it came back and was a few feet over my head. I landed the drone checked it, replaced the battery and decided to take off from my deck. Checked the waypoint HyperLapse to see why I cannot set my speed and then decided to do a Master Shots video. Drone disconnected again and decided to stay one place and after a few seconds turned and flew in the opposite direction. I quickly jumped into the car and tried to follow it but lost it when it went over the hills. I am so upset right now that my $4500 investment decided to do this. This is totally not on and unacceptable to me. I wish I could use vulgar languages on here now but I can't. I know this is a long shot but if anyone can direct this log and maybe, just maybe tell me where it land I would be forever grateful. I will upload the screen recording video of when it disconnected while doing the mastershots.
Log from flyaway:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/ZMDNWGL9UY6DV55ZGVUR

Log from first flight this morning, also disconnected but returned promptly:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/2YM1ZSVNXAGRYHFDJ735

I also noticed while watching the screen recording is that the vision sensors showed not working although it is a bright sunny day.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 11.54.34.png
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I do not know how to log this case with Dji. I went to the support page but getting a error 404, not available. What do I do. I am losing my mind here.
2022-1-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

sorry to hear this.  calm down, the experts are here to help; they will be along shortly, it's still daylight here.  it's good to have forum you can turn to.  and i'm sure dji can reach out and set you straight as well.  if it's the drone's fault, they will try to help you out.  i've crashed a couple of drones and i know it's painful for the next few days....but you'll be fine.
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 1-8 15:39
sorry to hear this.  calm down, the experts are here to help; they will be along shortly, it's still daylight here.  it's good to have forum you can turn to.  and i'm sure dji can reach out and set you straight as well.  if it's the drone's fault, they will try to help you out.  i've crashed a couple of drones and i know it's painful for the next few days....but you'll be fine.

Thanks mate. I am sending Dji an email now, hopefully they can help.
2022-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I know this is a long shot but if anyone can direct this log and maybe, just maybe tell me where it land I would be forever grateful.
I'm afraid that the data isn't any help because it just shows normal flight up to the point of disconnection.there's nothing to show what happened after disconnection.

Drone disconnected again and decided to stay one place and after a few seconds turned and flew in the opposite direction.

There's no way to know which way it turned or where or how it flew after the data stops.
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 1-8 16:13
I know this is a long shot but if anyone can direct this log and maybe, just maybe tell me where it land I would be forever grateful.
I'm afraid that the data isn't any help because it just shows normal flight up to the point of disconnection.there's nothing to show what happened after disconnection.

Thanks for checking the logs mate. I will be going back later to check again but the forest is so vast its like trying to find a needle in the haystack. I don even know if that's where it landed because that is the place I lost sight of it.
2022-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 1-8 15:11
https://youtu.be/48QIl9KRO_s

This is tough man, sorry to hear this and log just ends as Labroids has said. Looks like this is down to dji to figure out. Lets hope they do the right thing.
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 1-8 16:30
This is tough man, sorry to hear this and log just ends as Labroids has said. Looks like this is down to dji to figure out. Lets hope they do the right thing.

I am hoping so as well. Although I do have care refresh it will be sad for me to use it because this drone just did its own thing.
2022-1-8
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NGC Posted at 1-8 16:38
DJI will need to make this right. I know it sucks now, but DJI will have to replace it. In a couple weeks you will be sorted out with a new one.
It is so clear that the M3 was nowhere ready to be released. Who knows if the supposed upcoming January update will even fix all the big bugs. What if some are resulting from hardware issues and not able to be fixed via firmware?

Thanks mate. I have this also posted in the Mavic Pilots forum and The below is what one guy said. Also my max altitude is set to 306 meters with RTH altitude set to 52 meters but the app shows 15 meters. It is seen in the video I posted. Something strange with the drone, software or the app that bugged this drone out today.

2022-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 1-8 16:43
Thanks mate. I have this also posted in the Mavic Pilots forum and The below is what one guy said. Also my max altitude is set to 306 meters with RTH altitude set to 52 meters but the app shows 15 meters. It is seen in the video I posted. Something strange with the drone, software or the app that bugged this drone out today.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Also my max altitude is set to 306 meters with RTH altitude set to 52 meters but the app shows 15 meters.
Those settings are stored in the drone.
Your app cannot show those unless it's connected.
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 1-8 16:49
Also my max altitude is set to 306 meters with RTH altitude set to 52 meters but the app shows 15 meters.

Makes sense, thanks.
2022-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 1-8 16:43
[view_image]
[view_image]

The velocity difference between the GPS & IMU takes a turn to the worse at 150sec
Can you remember which direction the drone was facing at launch?
Your flight data indicates it was 178° (South) ... is that correct?

2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 1-8 16:56
The velocity difference between the GPS & IMU takes a turn to the worse at 150sec
Can you remember which direction the drone was facing at launch?
Your flight data indicates it was 178° (South) ... is that correct?

According to my compass on the iPhone it was facing 167 degrees south
2022-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 1-8 17:19
According to my compass on the iPhone it was facing 167 degrees south

It doesn't matter now.
I see in that other thread that the supposed GPS/IMU difference was a false alarm.
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

The below video is from my first flight today and is evident there was an issues. As you will see it only reconnects above me.
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 1-8 17:32
It doesn't matter now.
I see in that other thread that the supposed GPS/IMU difference was a false alarm.

Yup seems like it.
2022-1-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is flight mode 58....Mastershots?

The M3 is turning into a major disaster. I flew mine the other day in comparison flights with and without a rescue jacket. I must be really pushing my luck.

2022-1-8
Use props
JeremyToh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3974439 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry to hear about this mate. I've experienced that flyaway behaviour the other day. This Mavic 3 is a bit of a Fiasco.
Hope DJI will take good care of you.
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 1-8 20:19
What is flight mode 58....Mastershots?

The M3 is turning into a major disaster. I flew mine the other day in comparison flights with and without a rescue jacket. I must be really pushing my luck.

I think that was the master shots, wonder why it did not log it as it is.
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

JeremyToh Posted at 1-8 21:46
Sorry to hear about this mate. I've experienced that flyaway behaviour the other day. This Mavic 3 is a bit of a Fiasco.
Hope DJI will take good care of you.

Thanks bro. They have already replied with a case number and said it will take around 3-5 days for data analysis to get back to be.
2022-1-8
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry to hear this Suren. Hope DJI sends your replacement out ASAP. Mostly importantly let's hope DJI finds out the cause together with a fix for these  fly-aways ASAP. At least your lost Mavic 3 didn't crash into something and caused a catastrophe.
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 1-8 22:20
Sorry to hear this Suren. Hope DJI sends your replacement out ASAP. Mostly importantly let's hope DJI finds out the cause together with a fix for these  fly-aways ASAP. At least your lost Mavic 3 didn't crash into something and caused a catastrophe.

Thanks mate. Not sure if it did land in the forest or not but lucky over those hills there are very few houses. I came back about 30 minutes ago from searching again and that place is so Hugh its like impossible but I will keep at it.
2022-1-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Suren - I experienced the vision sensor thing not working on a bright day also.  I have not had a flyaway, but so much of your post is spot on.  I hope the best for your scenario.  I totally understand your feeling.
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 1-8 22:31
@Suren - I experienced the vision sensor thing not working on a bright day also.  I have not had a flyaway, but so much of your post is spot on.  I hope the best for your scenario.  I totally understand your feeling.

Thanks, it is strange the the vision sensors show that during daytime. There must be some sort of a bug either in the drone telemetry or the app software which is giving incorrect readings/settings.
2022-1-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 1-8 16:38
DJI will need to make this right. I know it sucks now, but DJI will have to replace it. In a couple weeks you will be sorted out with a new one.
It is so clear that the M3 was nowhere ready to be released. Who knows if the supposed upcoming January update will even fix all the big bugs. What if some are resulting from hardware issues and not able to be fixed via firmware?

Another post I find myself vehmently agreeing with.  The sensitivity is insane and has already contributed to a care refresh claim for me.  Not to mention an embarrasing moment....

This drone needs some attention.  Stat.
2022-1-8
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Labroides Posted at 1-8 16:49

Not really - I was thinking they are in a drone - but when changed remote (I bot RC Pro) max altitude was set to some random value in RC Pro and I was notified I fly in the zone up to XX m, til I change the value again
2022-1-8
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Sorry for Your loss   hope DJI will send a new one soon enough!
2022-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

alex_markov Posted at 1-8 22:57
Sorry for Your loss   hope DJI will send a new one soon enough!

Thanks Alex, I am hoping as well that Dji does right here.
2022-1-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gutted for you mate. Hope you get a resolution from DJI.
2022-1-9
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi Suren, sorry to hear that. Are you using standard RC or RC PRO?
2022-1-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

alex_markov Posted at 1-8 22:55
Not really - I was thinking they are in a drone - but when changed remote (I bot RC Pro) max altitude was set to some random value in RC Pro and I was notified I fly in the zone up to XX m, til I change the value again

When you set those, they are stored in the drone, so that it will have them even if signal is lost.
When you look at the limits on an unconnected controller, they will always show the default values.
When connect a new controller to a drone, it can only show the values stored in the drone.

Controllers can't store altitude limits and it's simple to confirm this.
Just set a crazy height on your unconnected controller, then connect to your drone and see what the limits are.

2022-1-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Suren,

sorry for your loss!

In the first log, where you said a disconnect happen, no disconnect in the log.
The RTH activated by pressing the RTH button on the RC.

In your screenshot : RC not connected to mob....    that is not Craft disconnected!

This also for your last flight, RC not connected to mob device.

So what does happen to a M3 in mastershots when the RC is not connected to the mobile device?
I do not know that...does it stop with mastershots and hover and wait ?

Did you powered off the RC at some time? if yes, than it would activate a RTH. If not than it is hovering in last position until an autolanding due to low batt ?

cheers
JJB

2022-1-9
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I know there must be thousands of perfectly serviceable M3 machines in use out there but I cannot help thinking that reading forums such as this one ( and I have gained a lot of knowledge since joining) will mean that myself, and others of a like mind, will now wait a little while longer before taking the 'plunge'  to purchase one.
2022-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about the case. As for your case, we suggest contacting us on the following page to start a case first, if there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. If it is confirmed a warranty case, we will compensate the drone according to the aftersales policy. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 1-8 23:07
Thanks Alex, I am hoping as well that Dji does right here.

I think looking at this again. It would seem when your quick shots finished, it would have hovered waiting for you to command it to do whatever you wanted it to do. Had you VLOS if so I’d check location below where it last hovered. It looks like downlink was disconnected but controller was still connected. It might be worth asking around the neighbourhood.
Edit what I said, you do say you actually seen it fly over the hills.
2022-1-9
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Labroides Posted at 1-9 01:22
When you set those, they are stored in the drone, so that it will have them even if signal is lost.
When you look at the limits on an unconnected controller, they will always show the default values.
When connect a new controller to a drone, it can only show the values stored in the drone.

I just shared my findings - I had a normal controller and set a higher max limit, both RC Pro, connected it to the drone and first flight was limited lower and I have to change it back in controler
2022-1-9
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

My recollection was that Spark rollout was worse from number of lost drones.  There were a number of fly aways and unexplained drops from the sky.  There was a healthy mix of product issues (battery) and pilot issues (many spark owners were first time drone owners because of the price point).  M3 owners seem to be more experienced and mature pilots (again probably because of the high M3 price point).  This is the second instance of M3 craft loss that I can recall being reported in the forums.

It is terrible, and I hope you and DJI can work through to a satisfactory resolution.
2022-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunned to see this Suren,  I really hope DJI make this right,   you should have flyaway coverage if you have refresh at a minimum but DJI should sort this.
2022-1-9
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules