Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tornado12 Posted at 1-10 13:30
Post number 47 of this thread, Suren replies to someone asking what remote he is using and says the following:

"Thanks mate, using the standard RC"

Well its pretty clear you’re taking this personally, The first night I purchased my Mavic3 and pro remote I posted here and Suren also posted “I Quote”  same as me , so forgive my presumption, and no I didn’t read all 120 posts in this thread and I’m not losing my hair because of a genuine mistake.

I did ask Suren to ask dji for their take on what happened for future reference.

You’ll see below proof as to why I thought Suren had a RC pro,
2022-1-10
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read of your loss Suren but pleased Dji are replacing the M3 for you, better luck with the new one mate.
2022-1-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Delighted for you that they are replacing it.
2022-1-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-9 23:09
Thanks Lucas. I am just waiting on Dji now. Hopefully they do what's right.

I sure hope so as well, keep us posted.
2022-1-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It could happen with the new drones too..  The Autel EVO II had an issue like that where the controls wouldn't work and it kept drifting.  Luckily, RTH worked.
2022-1-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-10 14:15
Well its pretty clear you’re taking this personally, The first night I purchased my Mavic3 and pro remote I posted here and Suren also posted “I Quote”  same as me , so forgive my presumption, and no I didn’t read all 120 posts in this thread and I’m not losing my hair because of a genuine mistake.

I did ask Suren to ask dji for their take on what happened for future reference.

Why would he not take it personally? You said this to him "Now you sound ridiculous" after he corrected your mistake.
2022-1-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Grimtheviking Posted at 1-10 14:32
Sorry to read of your loss Suren but pleased Dji are replacing the M3 for you, better luck with the new one mate.

Thanks Mate
2022-1-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-10 14:54
Delighted for you that they are replacing it.

Thanks, I am relieved now.
2022-1-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

AntDX316 Posted at 1-10 18:20
It could happen with the new drones too..  The Autel EVO II had an issue like that where the controls wouldn't work and it kept drifting.  Luckily, RTH worked.

Talking about Autel, How the heck do I update its software. The app does not give any options nor can I find much info about it on line.
2022-1-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-10 05:49
Suren,
I am sorry for your loss, I know the feeling and impotence when you know was not your fault. Truly DJI needs to fix the issues with the Mavic 3 ASAP.
As you know my flyaway case, DJI end up accepting was not a Pilot error just like your case probably. My flyaway happened on 12/31/2021 and the same day I open the case. They finish the data analysis 7 days ago and I am still waiting for the email with the tracking number. THEY ARE SLOW.

Hey Mate, did you get a tracking number as yet? How long do they normally take before you get this, did they advise you?
2022-1-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-10 20:16
Talking about Autel, How the heck do I update its software. The app does not give any options nor can I find much info about it on line.

I would not use Autel.  DJI has a flawless record with me but I haven't tried the M3.
2022-1-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

AntDX316 Posted at 1-10 21:26
I would not use Autel.  DJI has a flawless record with me but I haven't tried the M3.

I thought you had an Autel, cool
2022-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 1-10 12:23
They are replacing it, thankfully. I am so relieved.

Thats brilliant news.  Ignore my other reply I saw them out of sequence.
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 1-10 20:05
Why would he not take it personally? You said this to him "Now you sound ridiculous" after he corrected your mistake.

He didn’t correct my mistake, and if I was to judge like him by just plain making presumptions then I could say whatever I liked.
2022-1-11
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-10 21:23
Hey Mate, did you get a tracking number as yet? How long do they normally take before you get this, did they advise you?

They get back to me yesterday to tell me they will offer an $80 credit for the inconvenience that can be used in the DJI store and they will send soon the tracking number.

Still waiting.

DJI.jpg
2022-1-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-11 06:23
They get back to me yesterday to tell me they will offer an $80 credit for the inconvenience that can be used in the DJI store and they will send soon the tracking number.

Still waiting.

Thanks mate. Hopefully they send it soon
2022-1-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hey Guys, I got this email last night from Dji. Does this mean they will be shipping from Aus or is it going to be from China to Aus then to New Zealand?
2022-1-11
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wow. that was pretty quick. I received a similar email 2 days ago but not shipped yet. Today is day 12 since the claim was open.
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 1-11 10:16
Hey Guys, I got this email last night from Dji. Does this mean they will be shipping from Aus or is it going to be from China to Aus then to New Zealand?
[view_image]

They found you old one and they’re shipping it back to you
2022-1-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-11 10:35
Wow. that was pretty quick. I received a similar email 2 days ago but not shipped yet. Today is day 12 since the claim was open.

Looks like they upping their game
2022-1-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 10:58
They found you old one and they’re shipping it back to you

Don't say that, i want the Version 2 with the foam
2022-1-11
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ahhhhh. That explains everything !!!! They are going to send to me the V3. It is still in design !!!
2022-1-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-11 11:43
Ahhhhh. That explains everything !!!! They are going to send to me the V3. It is still in design !!!

2022-1-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-10 21:27
I thought you had an Autel, cool

I had used a brand new Autel Evo II 6K and it worked fine for a bit but then it drifted and I had zero control.  Luckily RTH worked.
2022-1-11
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happy for you that they have agreed to send you a replacement.  I really think that DJI are in damage control mode right now with the Mavic 3.  I've seen in the past where there was no conclusive information in the log where it just ends like that and they refuse to replace the drone because there is no evidence of something going awry.  DJI agreeing to replace yours is not the first I've seen with them quickly offering a replacement like this.  I hope they get to the bottom of whatever is going on so that people don't have to go through the stress you've gone through with this incident.  I hope you have many fun and safe flights ahead!
2022-1-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

KlooGee Posted at 1-11 15:04
Happy for you that they have agreed to send you a replacement.  I really think that DJI are in damage control mode right now with the Mavic 3.  I've seen in the past where there was no conclusive information in the log where it just ends like that and they refuse to replace the drone because there is no evidence of something going awry.  DJI agreeing to replace yours is not the first I've seen with them quickly offering a replacement like this.  I hope they get to the bottom of whatever is going on so that people don't have to go through the stress you've gone through with this incident.  I hope you have many fun and safe flights ahead!

Thanks KlooGee, I would have really liked to know what had transpired in the firmware that caused the drone to disappear. I know for a fact it was nothing i did but knowing what happened would be very helpful.
2022-1-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 01:18
He didn’t correct my mistake, and if I was to judge like him by just plain making presumptions then I could say whatever I liked.

In denial as usual? You even said it was your mistake, or was that too long ago to remember. Come back when your memory improves.
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 1-11 15:38
In denial as usual? You even said it was your mistake, or was that too long ago to remember. Come back when your memory improves.

Well read post 121, and you’ll see my information was Suren had a RC Pro remote, because he told me he had. But you may not know but the RC Pro records flight data . Start there and you’ll see if I was wrong. My mistake was out of 100 posts I missed one where Suren said he used a standard remote. You seem to be trolling at this stage maybe you have little else to do.
2022-1-11
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't have the data but the problems of disconnection are most common in the RC Pro than the RC-N1 controller. Still Is my impression is a Firmware issue. Since DJI has not reveled the cause of the issue I am not flying mine once received until a new firmware is released.
2022-1-12
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Suren,

You have been an active and helpful member on the DJI Forum since I joined a year and a half ago.  Glad to see that DJI took into account your experience as a pilot and elected to make things right.
2022-1-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-12 08:14
I don't have the data but the problems of disconnection are most common in the RC Pro than the RC-N1 controller. Still Is my impression is a Firmware issue. Since DJI has not reveled the cause of the issue I am not flying mine once received until a new firmware is released.

I am going to try and get another RC as well and see if that helps me but this was the only day that I had ever had any disconnections since I got the M3 and it took off. Still would have loved to know what caused it.
2022-1-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-12 10:00
Suren,

You have been an active and helpful member on the DJI Forum since I joined a year and a half ago.  Glad to see that DJI took into account your experience as a pilot and elected to make things right.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.
2022-1-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

So I reached out to Dji to find out when my drone would ship and the response below left me a little shocked.

Dear Suren,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Normally, the replacement is estimated to be shipped in 1-2 business days. Due to the current increase of cases and the lack of personnel, the turn-around time might be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding and patience, and we will inform the related department to arrange the shipment as soon as possible
2022-1-12
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 1-12 23:58
So I reached out to Dji to find out when my drone would ship and the response below left me a little shocked.

Dear Suren,

My brother in law says that everything that goes wrong in the world can be blamed on COVID & Supply Chain issues.  Apparently DJI has the same philosophy.

With the other reported M3 fly aways on here and other forums a delay might give DJI time to patch whatever is causing them.  Maybe it is a good thing so you do not have a repeat of the previous incidents.

I did not give much credence to the fly away problem with the M3 until I saw your post.  The fact that it came from you and the through documentation you provided has caused me to pause on investing $5000 in a new drone.
2022-1-13
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-13 11:22
My brother in law says that everything that goes wrong in the world can be blamed on COVID & Supply Chain issues.  Apparently DJI has the same philosophy.

With the other reported M3 fly aways on here and other forums a delay might give DJI time to patch whatever is causing them.  Maybe it is a good thing so you do not have a repeat of the previous incidents.

I'm not saying that this should influence your decision, but I think we have 2 reported fly aways in the forums.  It is not desirable, but not an epidemic at the same level of other releases.

Again I want to stress I'm not trying to minimize the impact to those individuals who were flying and watched in dismay as their drones parted ways with them.  I also think that DJI has been making good on the episodes (though it has not necessarily been a straight forward process).

I've not vested in the Cine version, I bought the FMC, so less of an investment for me (but still pricey).  I feel confident in using my drone with some limitations that I've been working around.
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-13 11:22
My brother in law says that everything that goes wrong in the world can be blamed on COVID & Supply Chain issues.  Apparently DJI has the same philosophy.

With the other reported M3 fly aways on here and other forums a delay might give DJI time to patch whatever is causing them.  Maybe it is a good thing so you do not have a repeat of the previous incidents.

Dji will surely patch it up and make things right, this is their flagship drone and with Autel hot on their heels to provide the Autel 3 very soon they will up their game. Dont get me wrong, the Mavic 3 has issues but we all know it will be fixed soon.
2022-1-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 1-13 11:49
Dont get me wrong, the Mavic 3 has issues but we all know it will be fixed soon.

"but we all hope it will be fixed soon". might be better.
2022-1-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-13 12:33

A little pessimistic there Bumble-bee.

I'll give you that some serious bugs have taken far longer to patch than I would have expected.  The bug with the MA2 auto landing when it was 200 feet way and dropped below 20ft of the Home point took months to get resolved.  

I almost lost mine trying to get some shots of the seals when I dropped below the cliff.
2022-1-13
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-13 12:33

I agree they will fix it in time.  How long is the question.  I probably would not fly M3 until there is a firmware update.  

Let's hope it is not a hardware issue.
2022-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules