7589 242 2022-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

Suren Posted at 1-19 10:09
Thanks mate, Dji have sent me a new drone.

Wow that is great
just my few cents ,  wait for the upcoming firmware update before take off.
hope the update will address also those jerky movements and connection integrity.
2022-1-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 1-19 10:09
Thanks mate, Dji have sent me a new drone.

New drone?  Result!  Much relief after all the anguish, no doubt.  I guess you'll be waiting for the updates before you venture forth though?
2022-1-20
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 1-19 11:41
This guy is a total nut job. I am generally not rude to people on here and be as polite as i can but this guy is taking the worst out in me. How dare he say i don't know what i am doing.

I never said you didnt know what you were doing. I would also clarify that nothing I have said here has been in an attempt to offend you. I have actually stayed very deliberately focused on the data that you provided here for review. Given your flight records essentially end when the phone disconnects, we can only speculate as to what happened after that point to cause the fly away. I gave a very logical hypothesis of what could have happened. You have never responded to my hypothesis to inform of what you did with the remote in those few minutes the phone was disconnected. You posted here and asked us to look at your data and give input. Thats really all I have done here. I looked at your data in depth actually, studied every second of your footage and flight logs, with no other intention honestly but to find out what could have happened. As I studied your fly away I did note several things that I found troubling personally and I pointed those out here. I also was the first to point out here that the disconnect in your fly away video, and the reason your flight logs end at the exact moment the video goes black is because your phone disconnected. You did not realize that prior. You were under the assumption that the drone itself disconnected. This is a very very critical element in your case. When I say you were flying blind, what I mean is that your phone was a black screen. You were left with the assumption that the drone had disconnected, but it had not disconnected. This is the basis for my entire hypothesis. You were still in control of the drone when your screen went black. I dont think you realized that in the moment however. Everything ive said up to this pint is clear evidence. It is after that which we enter the unknown. Did the craft just decide to fly away on its own, or was it responding to the remote, which was still connected? Only you know the answer to that. GIven the flight logs are incomplete due to your phone disconnecting, and given you were continuing to fly a drone that was warning of vision sensor failures, even in broad daylight, coupled with the fact that you report the drone then exhibited really rare and bizarre behavior (flying off on its own) I concluded that there is possibility this was pilot error. We can not know. My analysis has been nothing but fully logical and based on the data. If you dont want honest opinions then perhaps you shouldnt ask for them.

With that said, I have also expressed that I am very glad you got a resoution with DJI. Again, I have no animosity to ward you here. I do not know you, I do not wish any ill will on you or your drone. These things arent cheap, and I dont wish a fly away on anyone. I actually sympathize with your situation. I did however make a suggestion to you that you pay more attention to the errors you are getting from the drone. I did not do that to offend you, but because of the situations in your case, I feel the misreading of the connection error played a big role in your case. For example: if you had been able to immediately realize your phone had disconnected, and quickly got the phone to reconnect to the remote control, it is very likely the fly away could have been prevented.

I apologize if my analysis has offended you. It was not my intent. I am an overly logical personality type who tends to ignore emotional aspects of situations.  because of this I may word things in a way that seems to lack tact. It is not intentional.

Best regards.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Tornado12 Posted at 1-20 08:04
I never said you didnt know what you were doing. I would also clarify that nothing I have said here has been in an attempt to offend you. I have actually stayed very deliberately focused on the data that you provided here for review. Given your flight records essentially end when the phone disconnects, we can only speculate as to what happened after that point to cause the fly away. I gave a very logical hypothesis of what could have happened. You have never responded to my hypothesis to inform of what you did with the remote in those few minutes the phone was disconnected. You posted here and asked us to look at your data and give input. Thats really all I have done here. I looked at your data in depth actually, studied every second of your footage and flight logs, with no other intention honestly but to find out what could have happened. As I studied your fly away I did note several things that I found troubling personally and I pointed those out here. I also was the first to point out here that the disconnect in your fly away video, and the reason your flight logs end at the exact moment the video goes black is because your phone disconnected. You did not realize that prior. You were under the assumption that the drone itself disconnected. This is a very very critical element in your case. When I say you were flying blind, what I mean is that your phone was a black screen. You were left with the assumption that the drone had disconnected, but it had not disconnected. This is the basis for my entire hypothesis. You were still in control of the drone when your screen went black. I dont think you realized that in the moment however. Everything ive said up to this pint is clear evidence. It is after that which we enter the unknown. Did the craft just decide to fly away on its own, or was it responding to the remote, which was still connected? Only you know the answer to that. GIven the flight logs are incomplete due to your phone disconnecting, and given you were continuing to fly a drone that was warning of vision sensor failures, even in broad daylight, coupled with the fact that you report the drone then exhibited really rare and bizarre behavior (flying off on its own) I concluded that there is possibility this was pilot error. We can not know. My analysis has been nothing but fully logical and based on the data. If you dont want honest opinions then perhaps you shouldnt ask for them.

With that said, I have also expressed that I am very glad you got a resoution with DJI. Again, I have no animosity to ward you here. I do not know you, I do not wish any ill will on you or your drone. These things arent cheap, and I dont wish a fly away on anyone. I actually sympathize with your situation. I did however make a suggestion to you that you pay more attention to the errors you are getting from the drone. I did not do that to offend you, but because of the situations in your case, I feel the misreading of the connection error played a big role in your case. For example: if you had been able to immediately realize your phone had disconnected, and quickly got the phone to reconnect to the remote control, it is very likely the fly away could have been prevented.

Right. I agree entirely. I still feel there is a strong chance this was pilot error in this case. OP has never clarified several key points. The videos and data, which I reviewed in detail, suggest a very haphazard pilot who ignored errors indicating a problem with the vision system, misunderstood other errors regarding disconnection, and continued to fly after previous disconnections between RC and Phone had occurred. When your phone disconnects from the RC, you are flying a drone blind.  Not only was he flying blind at that point, and misunderstanding that the connection loss was between phone and rc and not rc and drone,

The reason I am/got upset with your post is your comments above- Haphazard pilot- will push anyone over the top. Like I have mentioned before and will reiterate again now is that a drone when disconnected from the phone and still connected to the RC will not RTH, there has to be a complete disconnect from the RC with loss of signal for the RTH to kick in and if I am wrong can someone correct me but I know I am not. Like I have also mentioned is that I am very thankful for everyone's help in this and I would still like to know what transpired. I am 100% certain that I did not do anything wrong because I had no control over what the drone had done by turning around and flying the other way. I spent $4500NZD on this kit and if I had complete control via RC I would have brought the drone back. This type of flying, I got very accustomed to when flying the Mavic 1 drones as they were very prone to phone disconnects because of the crappy cables supplied until we all started using the bottom USB port with our own cables. I accept your apology and would like to leave it at that move forward.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

akozc Posted at 1-20 00:44
Wow that is great
just my few cents ,  wait for the upcoming firmware update before take off.
hope the update will address also those jerky movements and connection integrity.

Yeah, drone will be grounded till then.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 1-20 04:58
New drone?  Result!  Much relief after all the anguish, no doubt.  I guess you'll be waiting for the updates before you venture forth though?

Yup mate, not going to chance it now. I actually found on Facebook a guy locally selling his Mavic 3 for $1500NZD. Says he only has RC, Drone and charger and is desperate for cash. Seems fishy but I will meet him this weekend and check it out if legit I will grab it and keep as a backup drone.
2022-1-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-20 09:55
Yup mate, not going to chance it now. I actually found on Facebook a guy locally selling his Mavic 3 for $1500NZD. Says he only has RC, Drone and charger and is desperate for cash. Seems fishy but I will meet him this weekend and check it out if legit I will grab it and keep as a backup drone.

worst case, if the M3 flies away to an airport and an aircraft crashes...
2022-1-20
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 1-20 09:52
Right. I agree entirely. I still feel there is a strong chance this was pilot error in this case. OP has never clarified several key points. The videos and data, which I reviewed in detail, suggest a very haphazard pilot who ignored errors indicating a problem with the vision system, misunderstood other errors regarding disconnection, and continued to fly after previous disconnections between RC and Phone had occurred. When your phone disconnects from the RC, you are flying a drone blind.  Not only was he flying blind at that point, and misunderstanding that the connection loss was between phone and rc and not rc and drone,

The reason I am/got upset with your post is your comments above- Haphazard pilot- will push anyone over the top. Like I have mentioned before and will reiterate again now is that a drone when disconnected from the phone and still connected to the RC will not RTH, there has to be a complete disconnect from the RC with loss of signal for the RTH to kick in and if I am wrong can someone correct me but I know I am not. Like I have also mentioned is that I am very thankful for everyone's help in this and I would still like to know what transpired. I am 100% certain that I did not do anything wrong because I had no control over what the drone had done by turning around and flying the other way. I spent $4500NZD on this kit and if I had complete control via RC I would have brought the drone back. This type of flying, I got very accustomed to when flying the Mavic 1 drones as they were very prone to phone disconnects because of the crappy cables supplied until we all started using the bottom USB port with our own cables. I accept your apology and would like to leave it at that move forward.

Thanks for accepting my apology. I shouldn't have said "haphazard pilot". What initiated me to say that was that I was just surprised that you continued to fly the drone with vision system indicating failure, and with a prior disconnect issue that same day (your other flight data you provided). I tend to put myself in peoples shoes when I am analyzing behavior. I know if my Mavic 3 was having all these issues I would ground it immediately and start troubleshooting the problem. Everyone approaches things differently though. I tend to be overly protective with my stuff. If my equipment malfunctions at all I will troubleshoot until I find the problem, and it will nag me until I solve the puzzle. I cant continue to fly a drone that is throwing errors and disconnecting, I see that as risky,  and it is because of my view of that as being risky that I used the term haphazard pilot. Again apologize for that. I wasn't trying to offend though I do understand how labeling you in that way seems belittling. I was just meaning that based on the insight we have from the data the flight seemed risky with all the errors and prior disconnects. Your vision system was failing in broad daylight, which is just really odd. Had the drone ever been flown in rain or snow, or come in contact with water somehow? Had the drone ever been dropped or crashed? Im asking these questions to try and understand if perhaps something happened to cause possible damage to the electrical circuits in the drone, causing failures to start occurring.

Anyways, it hardly matters at this point as you have a new drone in the works. It may work out really in your favor given the other one, even before it flew away was having those vision system failures.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Tornado12 Posted at 1-20 10:52
Thanks for accepting my apology. I shouldn't have said "haphazard pilot". What initiated me to say that was that I was just surprised that you continued to fly the drone with vision system indicating failure, and with a prior disconnect issue that same day (your other flight data you provided). I tend to put myself in peoples shoes when I am analyzing behavior. I know if my Mavic 3 was having all these issues I would ground it immediately and start troubleshooting the problem. Everyone approaches things differently though. I tend to be overly protective with my stuff. If my equipment malfunctions at all I will troubleshoot until I find the problem, and it will nag me until I solve the puzzle. I cant continue to fly a drone that is throwing errors and disconnecting, I see that as risky,  and it is because of my view of that as being risky that I used the term haphazard pilot. Again apologize for that. I wasn't trying to offend though I do understand how labeling you in that way seems belittling. I was just meaning that based on the insight we have from the data the flight seemed risky with all the errors and prior disconnects. Your vision system was failing in broad daylight, which is just really odd. Had the drone ever been flown in rain or snow, or come in contact with water somehow? Had the drone ever been dropped or crashed? Im asking these questions to try and understand if perhaps something happened to cause possible damage to the electrical circuits in the drone, causing failures to start occurring.

Anyways, it hardly matters at this point as you have a new drone in the works. It may work out really in your favor given the other one, even before it flew away was having those vision system failures.

No issues bro. The Forum is here for helping people and getting help but we also need to be very mindful of actual events. Most pilots can see what is happening in real time and most of the time we can identify the BS from facts. Yes my Mavic 3 was having issues with the OA system but that was since day 1 which i had raised with the supplier who was waiting on Dji to provided feedback. In the meantime i had no other major issues until that day. I had confidence in my drone but that was short lived when it took off.
2022-1-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 1-20 09:52
is that a drone when disconnected from the phone and still connected to the RC will not RTH, there has to be a complete disconnect from the RC with loss of signal for the RTH to kick in and if I am wrong can someone correct me but I know I am not. Like I have also mentioned is that I am very thankful for everyone's help in this and I would still like to know what transpired.

Just for clarification and citing the above.
When the phone is disconnected from the controller but the controller remains connected to the drone it IS true that the failsafe RTH is not triggered and it is true that to trigger the failsafe RTH the controller must be disconnected from the drone  

.......BUT.....
For a 'normal' phone-to-controller disconnection it is possible to trigger an RTH by pressing, appropriately, the RTH button on the controller. I do not remember if your controller was functioning correctly prior to its disconnecting from the drone, if it wasn't then obviously pressing the RTH button on the controller may not have worked.
That said, if, whilst the controller IS connected to the drone, you repeatedly press the RTH button on the controller you may end up cancelling an on-going RTH, and, with the phone being disconnected from the controller, you may not have any means of checking whether or not there is an on-going RTH. I am deaf so I do not know if the controller beeps during an RTH and I do not as a rule pay any attention to beeping comments nor do I memorise them.
Obviously after the controller disconnected from the drone you have and had, no manual control over the drone.

2022-1-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yup mate, not going to chance it now. I actually found on Facebook a guy locally selling his Mavic 3 for $1500NZD. Says he only has RC, Drone and charger and is desperate for cash. Seems fishy but I will meet him this weekend and check it out if legit I will grab it and keep as a backup drone.

If you buy it make sure he severs any bindings to his DJI account, i.e. make sure it can be flown with your app. You might want to look into the associations/"bindings" established between the drone and the controller too and make sure you can sever those too.
You might want to look at https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... a2-ma2s-mm2.121339/

2022-1-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yup mate, not going to chance it now. I actually found on Facebook a guy locally selling his Mavic 3 for $1500NZD. Says he only has RC, Drone and charger and is desperate for cash. Seems fishy but I will meet him this weekend and check it out if legit I will grab it and keep as a backup drone.

Sounds like a plan. if he's legit.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-20 12:13
If you buy it make sure he severs any bindings to his DJI account, i.e. make sure it can be flown with your app. You might want to look into the associations/"bindings" established between the drone and the controller too and make sure you can sever those too.
You might want to look at https://mavicpilots.com/threads/after-new-firmware-update-we-now-require-your-remote-to-service-ma2-ma2s-mm2.121339/

Thanks for that, I will check on this.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-20 12:13
You might want to look at https://mavicpilots.com/threads/after-new-firmware-update-we-now-require-your-remote-to-service-ma2-ma2s-mm2.121339/

So reading that thread got me worried bit. I actually did unbind my Mavic 3 from my account because I was getting the new drone. So I should not have done that as if someone did pick it up they can now fly my drone. We should have been made aware of this feature by Dji. It is very helpful because now lost or stolen drones cannot be used if the owner does not remove it from his account. I was so so stupid to do that because when I got the email from Dji about the care refresh being transferred and the new drone serial number and I could not see it under my account I thought I needed to remove the old drone first and it would transfer to the new drone- stupid stupid me. Is there anyway I can bind it back so if it is found it cannot be used?
2022-1-20
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Suren Posted at 1-20 15:27
So reading that thread got me worried bit. I actually did unbind my Mavic 3 from my account because I was getting the new drone. So I should not have done that as if someone did pick it up they can now fly my drone. We should have been made aware of this feature by Dji. It is very helpful because now lost or stolen drones cannot be used if the owner does not remove it from his account. I was so so stupid to do that because when I got the email from Dji about the care refresh being transferred and the new drone serial number and I could not see it under my account I thought I needed to remove the old drone first and it would transfer to the new drone- stupid stupid me. Is there anyway I can bind it back so if it is found it cannot be used?

I'm sure if DJI gave you a new one they must have black listed the old one.
I heard they do this with people who fraudulently bought drones and sold on craig's list.
Congrats on the replacement. I'm so happy it worked out.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 1-20 15:54
I'm sure if DJI gave you a new one they must have black listed the old one.
I heard they do this with people who fraudulently bought drones and sold on craig's list.
Congrats on the replacement. I'm so happy it worked out.

Thanks, Yeah I do hope that they locked the drone down.
2022-1-20
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Suren Posted at 1-20 15:57
Thanks, Yeah I do hope that they locked the drone down.

2022-1-20
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-13 17:41
Yeah, we call every drone that does a disappearing act a Fly Away

You are technically right !! LOLLL  Do you have your drone back already?
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-20 16:02
You are technically right !! LOLLL  Do you have your drone back already?

It should be here any minute. Courier has it for delivery today so I am at home waiting and waiting .....
2022-1-20
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-20 16:04
It should be here any minute. Courier has it for delivery today so I am at home waiting and waiting .....

Is so funny. I have in video recording the UPS guy in my apartment complex since he enter and delivered the packages until he arrive to my apartment. I was tracking with my Mavic Air 2S, LOLLLL....

I was so impatient. I will share the video later.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-20 16:07
Is so funny. I have in video recording the UPS guy in my apartment complex since he enter and delivered the packages until he arrive to my apartment. I was tracking with my Mavic Air 2S, LOLLLL....

I was so impatient. I will share the video later.

hahaha we are like impatient kids waiting for our toys.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Its here

2022-1-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good Luck.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks Hallmark
2022-1-20
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Congrats!!!! Is that a V1 (no foam), or is it a V2 (with 1x black foam), or a V3...
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

So I did a quick small 3km return flight after updating the drone. My observations are as below on this new craft:
1. When in RTH now the drone only climbed 5 meters from what is set in RTH height in the app, previously it would go to anything from a 120 to 165 meters but seems much more stable now
2. The OA sensors work properly from what I can tell now and no errors. It is very windy today and I did a RTH perfectly with no imaginary objects being detected like before. More testing needed
3. The drone does not seem has flimsy when in bypass mode as before, it flies nicely-a little twitchy but not as bad as before
4. It seemed to pick up speed very quickly flying into the wind at 47km/h gusts

It seems that it is pretty stable. I have not done any videos or anything but will test some more when the weather gets better or might just bag it till the update and keep flying the Autel.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 1-20 17:06
Congrats!!!! Is that a V1 (no foam), or is it a V2 (with 1x black foam), or a V3...

Thanks, Its a V3 foamless seems much more stable than my first one. Now I am 100% sure my first one had serious issues because of the way this one flys.
2022-1-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 1-20 15:27
Is there anyway I can bind it back so if it is found it cannot be used?

you have some private messages
2022-1-20
Use props
JarvisYen
New
Flight distance : 1769308 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is really the machine that sometimes malfunctions, my first drone P4, once I was in flight battery power showed at 26%, directly power outage crashed in front of me
2022-1-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-20 16:09
hahaha we are like impatient kids waiting for our toys.

in my area, you can track the location of the ups truck online using gps.  it's off by about a minute or two but you can easily see when he's in the neighborhood, on your street, and then right outside.  really beats having to wait around all day not knowing....but still have to wait for fedex so it's only half the battle.  glad to see you got your new drone.  i would be interested to know what you think about that new fancy autel camera on the lite.
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-20 17:30
you have some private messages

Yup saw it
2022-1-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 1-20 18:25
in my area, you can track the location of the ups truck online using gps.  it's off by about a minute or two but you can easily see when he's in the neighborhood, on your street, and then right outside.  really beats having to wait around all day not knowing....but still have to wait for fedex so it's only half the battle.  glad to see you got your new drone.  i would be interested to know what you think about that new fancy autel camera on the lite.

Mine was sent via Local postal so could not track else I would have been following them with my car.
2022-1-20
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Any luck getting your M3 back?
2022-1-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mini-G Posted at 1-21 06:26
Any luck getting your M3 back?

Nah, I got a new replacement from Dji.
2022-1-21
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

BeccaKirk123678 Posted at 1-21 05:49
My husband and I have been married for about 7 years now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone. He started coming home late from work, he hardly cared about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the Internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr Osita can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he did a spell for me. Two days later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promised never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. My family and I are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Osita. If you need a spell caster that can cast a spell that truly works, I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you. This is his Email:  () or WhatsApp him (+15088120454) website: http://drositamiraclespell.website2.me

Does Dr. Osita spell casts on drones to? Because some of us are in need, because they go away and dont return home.
2022-1-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tornado12 Posted at 1-18 07:33
Right. I agree entirely. I still feel there is a strong chance this was pilot error in this case. OP has never clarified several key points. The videos and data, which I reviewed in detail, suggest a very haphazard pilot who ignored errors indicating a problem with the vision system, misunderstood other errors regarding disconnection, and continued to fly after previous disconnections between RC and Phone had occurred. When your phone disconnects from the RC, you are flying a drone blind.  Not only was he flying blind at that point, and misunderstanding that the connection loss was between phone and rc and not rc and drone, but his vision system was malfunctioning in daylight, meaning he likely was blind and with no obstacle avoidance active. Meaning, if he touched the sticks at all during those minutes, he could have easily flown the drone into something and not realized he was still controlling it. Fly aways like this, which have so many other red flags do not cause me to worry about the Mavic 3 so much, as to question why some pilots are a little too careless with drones. If your vision system is failing, and your phone is disconnecting constantly, and you have already had one scary flight just previous, why are you not diagnosing these issues, troubleshooting the disconnect with the phone, but instead are continuing to fly.
[view_image]

decided to do a Master Shots video. Drone disconnected again and decided to stay one place and after a few seconds turned and flew in the opposite direction.  (From Suren fly away)

I was doing a mastershot and the drone/camera already started wobling slowly as you can see here:
That isn't supposed to happen ofcourse so i cancelled it and wanted to check if i did something wrong tracking wise.
When i was watching on my screen, the drone suddenly started to fly away out of nowhere in a straight line. I didn't touch anything on the controller
From Leroywolf

You can surely see noe in both explanations that there are some very common denominators
2022-1-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 1-22 04:38
decided to do a Master Shots video. Drone disconnected again and decided to stay one place and after a few seconds turned and flew in the opposite direction.  (From Suren fly away)

yes,

But this mavic 3 flew towards home and descending, suren M3 not towards home...

Not lost (but damaged) versus lost.

cheers
JJB
2022-1-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 1-22 04:48
yes,

But this mavic 3 flew towards home and descending, suren M3 not towards home...

Damaged because it crashed, we don’t know if Surens is damaged because it was never found, but both flew away in a direction not commanded using smartshots or immediately after. And yes we could also say they were in different hemispheres but I’m not sure that really makes any difference. But there are enough coincidences with both these crashes

2022-1-22
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 1-21 10:13
Nah, I got a new replacement from Dji.

Nice!

That DJI care is worth it in these situations.

All the best!!
2022-1-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mini-G Posted at 1-22 08:42
Nice!

That DJI care is worth it in these situations.

Thanks, It was replaced under warranty-did not use my care refresh.
2022-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules