Samsung Tablet and not a pill! lol
1810 20 2022-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29134 ft
United States

Hello everyone,... I've been doing some research on tablets and to be honest I'm getting pretty overwhelemed by all the rif raff and reviews so I'm a bit lost on all this.
I'm wondering if this tablet I post here would be good or not.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07VDB92RK/phantomhelp3-20?th=1

It has GPS and both bands of wi-fi (2.4 and 5 with bluetooth). -OR- maybe one with a 10 inch screen?

I'm only looking to use a tablet for my Mini 2 and nothing else just so I have a larger screen and that's it. I can take out all the junk programs to free it up but
also want to make sure video feedback won't have any lag or very little and is bright or at least be visible if the sun hits it as i assume this is probably the most important thing when flying.

Any help would be appreciated.

~A~

2022-1-8
Use props
shizack
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45505 ft
United States

I can't speak to that particular phone model but minimum specs for DJI Fly app are
64 bit processor
Android 6 or newer
64 bit Android OS (just having a 64 bit processor does not guarantee a 64 bit OS)
-Not sure of RAM requirement
2022-1-8
Use props
lvl.2
United States

I also found this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-G ... /dp/B08GH2C64R?th=1

@Shizack The listings are tablets not phones, "your comment about: "particular phone model""

~A~
2022-1-8
Use props
shizack
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45505 ft
United States

Ok but the requirements are the same.
FWIW I'm using a 3 year old LG GPad 10.1 inch with Android 9 and it works wonderfully.
Except that it has the world's most reflective screen.
2022-1-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

I have the first one you linked. It works well, it's just slower than Windows 95 and a 14k modem dial-up!! Once it gets up and running, it is ok. I prefer this one, MUCH faster!!!

https://smile.amazon.com/Samsung ... aps%2C97&sr=8-6
2022-1-8
Use props
Bob D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1303451 ft
United States

I have used a SAMSUNG SM-T290NZKAXAR 8". One big drawback for me is thatI can't use my sunglasses as the screen is BLACK in Landscape, but visable in portrait.  I prefer my samsung 10" sm-t813. My sunglasses work fine with the 10".  Could you look at one in person with your sunglasses? If the anti- reflective film used in screen is polarized , you might not be able to wear sunglasses and see screen.
2022-1-8
Use props
Glhs958
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you want something that truly fits the bill while out flying your drone in the daylight and a lot more.  I would suggest picking up a Tripltek 8 https://www.tripltek.com/tripltek8
2022-1-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The first tablet you posted should not work. I had one and it would not work with the Mini 2 or the Air 2 in 4k video mode. It did work ok for the Mini. Not only that, it has no magnetic sensor, so no compass capability. That does not stop you from flying but you will lose the direction indication in the app.
The second one is likely to work and does have the magnetic sensor.

2022-1-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

use the Samsung Tab S2 9.7", you need one of the later models though as the earlier ones SM-T810 do not run the Fly app
2022-1-9
Use props
lvl.2
United States

OK so I've been looking at these two in comparison based on the "Most Liked Tablets and Phones" 16 listings at the bottom of the page: (scroll down)
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
The fourth one down showing:         
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 2019
Models: SM-T290, SM-T290NZKAXAR

and then comparing it to this one which is available today locally:
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 Wi-Fi 32GB
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-G ... /dp/B08GH2C64R?th=1

Just wondering if this one (Tab A7) would be OK. I know it cost more being a larger screen but they seem similar in performance and stats and being that the first one above is on the listing of tablets people are using for drones I figure that maybe the Tab A7 would be OK for now. I would love to have a Tripltek but i just can't do that right now.

Thank You all for your input. This really is a pain in the *** trying to find something on the cheaper side and making a somewhat good decision for now.
I use a CELERO 5G phone right now and I don't have any issues with it at all. It works very well and is good in high lighting conditions but it's just a bit small when viewing.

~A~

2022-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and it works flawlessly.  
2022-1-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you can afford it, go for something newer, i wouldnt go for the A series myself, i would much prefer to stick with the S Tabs so if you can stick to them and the S6 is certainly a decent tablet and will last a good few years, My Tab S2 is now quite aged and not sure how much longer it will last with the Fly app updates. Go for the Tab S4 upwards for sure, but if money is tight then a Tab S2  9.7" (SM-T813) is a great contender for now and i have bought 3 over the last couple of years for Smart Home dashboards and all were £75 from FB Market Place in A1 condition, so bargains can be had.
2022-1-9
Use props
lvl.2
United States

So after looking and looking researching and researching I think I'll go with the S6. For the price and reputation I think that will be OK for now. One thing though....
Amazon shows it for $307 and Wal-Mart has it for $269.

The thing I notice is the description Manufacturer Part Number is different where WalMart is showing:
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 64GB Oxford Gray (Wi-Fi) S Pen Included - SM-P610NZAMXAR for $269

Amazon is showing: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4", 64GB Wi-Fi Tablet Oxford Gray - S pen included - SM-P610NZAAXAR for $307

Is there a difference in these two products because the two numbers are different and the price is a big difference too. One is: SM-P610NZAMXAR and the other is: SM-P610NZAAXAR

I thought maybe the one from wally world is a smaller screen but it's not saying anything about that in their stats or descriptions

2022-1-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Search for the MXAR version and the AXAR one comes up. Good thing about either, is that returns are easy.
2022-1-9
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

Just a BIG TIP for everyone!!!

It's enough just to have  64 bit processor, if you have phones like J7 (like I have) you can just install CUSTOM KERNEL and CUSTOM ROM on 64 bit too and will work the APP.

I was having problems on my J700F (Galaxy J7 2017), could not install the DJI Fly App because the OEM Kernel uses 64 bit OS so I was fixing this problem just by resofting my phone by installing custom KERNEL & ROM.
XDA Community it's your church for that!

So if you already own atleast one phone/tablet with 64 bit processor and 32 bit OS, you don't need to waste another money on another device just for this app...
And also a lot more devices works than are just listed on DJI Devices recommendations.
2022-1-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I was using an ASUS Z8s tablet that woks ok for all drones I have. However it is only medium brightness. So I have switched to a Samsung S9 phone. It has a much brighter screen and I find it easier to use than the larger tablets.

Notice that none of the devices we have discussed are approved for use by DJI....so they may not work after future updates. Caveat Emptor.

2022-1-9
Use props
lvl.2
United States

So I went ahead and got the 6S Lite because of the price and the features of the tablet. The price was 299 at *Best Buy* but I actually got it for 269. They price matched wal-mart's price.
I got it all set up and downloaded the Fly App from DJI, installed it and everything was working without any issues.
2022-1-19
Use props
DaKidd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860184 ft
United States

The SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, 64GB Oxford Gray (Wi-Fi) S Pen Included  that I have does not have  a magneted compass in it, but works just fine othierwise.
2022-1-20
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Just made an tablet holder. I can shake rattle and roll this thing and it doesn't move a bit!
Untitled-1.png
2022-1-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

8055 Posted at 1-20 20:04
[view_image]Just made an tablet holder. I can shake rattle and roll this thing and it doesn't move a bit!
[view_image]

Good for you. You are at where I was two years ago when I was experimenting. Unfortunately most of my tests proved most tablets will have problems. Hope you have better luck.
2022-1-20
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Yeah I'll see how it goes with it close by for the first few flights. I'm still a bit unsure about all this so....
2022-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules