4393 19 2022-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 355512 ft
Germany

Dear All,

Yesterday i wanted to fly my DJI Mavic Air 2 which i bought in a Combo packet with Smart controller in November 2021. During the flight the drone shows the Error Message that ''Error: front vision sensor. For help please contact DJI Support''. I asume that the front sensor keep deactivate in every short time during the flight because this error message apperas also all the time again and again.

My Mavic is quite new, updated both (Drone and RC) and i flew it only few times. There is no any accident with my Drone untill now. How is it possible that the Sensor problem occured during the flight and i am not able to fly forward when error appear everytime. See below a screenshot of RC Recording.

Do any one experienced the same issue like me?

What is this issue? I wrote an Email to DJI Support regarding it. Hope they will reply me about the solution.

Many Thanks in advance for your comments or Help.

Best Regard from Germany
Asif Saleem

2022-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Asif Saleem. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue with your DJI Mavic Air 2, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI Drone? In addition, kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update/refresh the firmware of the aircraft then calibrate the vision sensor using the software. In addition, IMU calibration might also help this one. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-1-9
Use props
dreamergr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047251 ft
Greece

Yeah I have the SAME problem only difrence is my Rear Sensor. After the last upgrade its gone out....
Have you try to calibrate it on DJI Assistant? Mine shows BLACK on the faulty sensor.

I contacted DJI and they need 65 Euros for a replacement but Im thinking to repair it here Local (Greece) because its 69 Euros and I will have MY drone back in 1 day.
And with so many cases I have seen that they return another drone I know mine just got under 100 Hours in the air so I want mine back.

Good Luck with DJI.
2022-1-9
Use props
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-9 20:00
Hello there Asif Saleem. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue with your DJI Mavic Air 2, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI Drone? In addition, kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update/refresh the firmware of the aircraft then calibrate the vision sensor using the software. In addition, IMU calibration might also help this one. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi,

Many thanks for your assistance. No, as i wrote before, whether hard landing nor any crash happened with my MA2. Both, drone and  RC are alao updated with latest version. But as you said, i will update again via dji assistance and calibrate sensor.

I hope it will solve my problem otherwise i will contact you again.

Best regards
Asif
2022-1-9
Use props
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Germany

dreamergr Posted at 1-9 22:28
Yeah I have the SAME problem only difrence is my Rear Sensor. After the last upgrade its gone out....
Have you try to calibrate it on DJI Assistant? Mine shows BLACK on the faulty sensor.

Hey,

Thanks for your infos. After this problem last time, i didn't updated it again via dji assistant, as i wrote before, the drone and RC are updated with the latest version. But i will update and calibrate the sensor again and make a test  flight to check whether problem is solve or not.

Many Thanks once again for your help.

Best regards
Asif
2022-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Asif Saleem Posted at 1-9 22:49
Hi,

Many thanks for your assistance. No, as i wrote before, whether hard landing nor any crash happened with my MA2. Both, drone and  RC are alao updated with latest version. But as you said, i will update again via dji assistance and calibrate sensor.

Hi there Asif. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-1-11
Use props
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Germany

Hello All,
yesterday i have tested my drone but unfortunately i faced the same issue. The front sensors are not working well. The error pop up again and again same as last time.

FYI: as DJI mentioned last time, i have refresh Software through DJI Assistant 2 after that calibrated MA2 and thier sensors also through assistant 2 but in test flight it shows me the same error.

What should i do now because in this situation, i am not able to fly it properly and it seems a technical default in a 2 months old Drone.

So please advice.

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Asif
2022-1-16
Use props
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-11 21:19
Hi there Asif. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.

Hello Stephen,

yesterday i have tested my drone but unfortunately i faced the same issue. The front sensors are not working well. The error pop up again and again same as last time.

FYI: as DJI mentioned last time, i have refresh Software through DJI Assistant 2 after that calibrated MA2 and thier sensors also through assistant 2 but in test flight it shows me the same error.

What should i do now because in this situation, i am not able to fly it properly and it seems a technical default in a 2 months old Drone.

So please advice.

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Asif
2022-1-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Asif Saleem Posted at 1-17 04:32
Hello Stephen,

Hi there Asif. Thank you for the reply and for this update. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to rectify the said issue but still the issue persist. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-1-19
Use props
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-19 21:42
Hi there Asif. Thank you for the reply and for this update. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to rectify the said issue but still the issue persist. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to help and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
Okay, many thanks for your suggestion.

I called dji support some day back here in germany and explained him the hole situation. He recommended me to open case in dji support.

So i registered my case online in dji support website and now waiting for the return Label via Email then i will send it to Dji workshop via dji germnay to dji Netherland workshop.

Let see how quick they are to manage it all.

Best regards n once again many thanks for your help!
Asif
2022-1-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Asif Saleem Posted at 1-20 02:06

I called dji support some day back here in germany and explained him the hole situation. He recommended me to open case in dji support.

Hi there Asif. Thank you for the reply and for the given update. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-1-23
Use props
dreamergr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047251 ft
Greece

Asif Saleem Posted at 1-20 02:06

As I told you before I have the same issue and I'm thinking to fix it here in Greece.
I contacted DJI and they asked for 60Euros to replace. So do they charge you too for replacement?  
Because its not a pilot error but a bad part (sensor)
2022-1-23
Use props
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Germany

dreamergr Posted at 1-23 23:31
As I told you before I have the same issue and I'm thinking to fix it here in Greece.
I contacted DJI and they asked for 60Euros to replace. So do they charge you too for replacement?  

Hi,

There is two way of claim.
1- DJI care
2- DJi care Refresh

Since thia is a defect of drone, they will repair it out of dji care refresh. I don't think so that they will charge me because it wasn't any crash case.

Br
Asif

2022-1-24
Use props
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-23 20:52
Hi there Asif. Thank you for the reply and for the given update. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.

Dear Stephen,

i have sent my drone to dji Workshop via dji Germany.

Hope they will repair it soon and send it back to me.

Many thanks for your support.
BR
Asif
2022-1-26
Use props
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Germany

dreamergr Posted at 1-23 23:31

Hi there,

Today i got reply from Dji Workshop. This info i am posting here for you.
-----–---—-------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is from DJI Support. After testing your product, DJI has determined to provide you with free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished within 2 to 3 business days, after which the product will be sent back to you.Click REPAIR PROGRESS INQUIRY for the detailed damage information.Thank you for choosing DJI.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BR
Asif
2022-1-28
Use props
RMayor1984
New

Netherlands

I have the same problem, when I connect the drone to the computer the dji assistant says the software is up to date. When I start the calibration process I see that the left lens works and the right lens stays black, because of this the calibration process does not work. Is it necessary to buy a new front sensor?

Also I got this message not during landing / crash but really in flight.

Please advice.
2022-9-8
Use props
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Germany

Hi there,

i can say with my personal experience that this is a hardware (lens) problem it must be defected.

Since this is a hardware problem and has nothing to do with dji Assistance, i would suggest you to open a dji Support Ticket.

In my case, my drone was some months old so dji replace it with the new one.

BR,
Asif

2022-9-8
Use props
RMayor1984
New

Netherlands

Thanks for your answer, I have already contacted support, unfortunately no guarantee and was indeed afraid that a new one would be needed...
2022-9-8
Use props
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Germany

But this is not the case, i have a very best experience with DJI customer service, i am damm sure that they will find a best solution in favor of you.

Best of luck!

Let us know, what comes out.

Regards,
Asif
2022-9-9
Use props
Asif Saleem
lvl.2
Germany

RMayor1984 Posted at 9-8 23:23
Thanks for your answer, I have already contacted support, unfortunately no guarantee and was indeed afraid that a new one would be needed...

Did you received any response?
2022-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules