Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Filters
394 5 2022-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

For Xmas I got some filters. A CPL, ND8 and ND16. I’ve never used filters before, and I don’t really know anything about photography really, I just have an iPhone and point and click, along with my MM, which. I just leave in auto as well.

Can anyone help with what I should use them for, when etc, and are they any good?

Thanks

2022-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MM_fly. Good day and thank you for reaching out. ND filters reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor, giving you more control of the camera's aperture, exposure time, and sensor sensitivity settings. Thank you.

2022-1-9
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

So I thought less light into sensor is worse? As I say I’m no photographer so any help I’d be grateful of.

So your saying if I use a filter I then have to adjust settings before I take a video or picture?

Thanks
2022-1-10
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Hi MM! Tons of vdeos on youtube referring to use of filters on drones. Quicker to get info from there on video rather than here in words.
2022-1-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

2022-1-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MM_fly Posted at 1-10 04:12
So I thought less light into sensor is worse? As I say I’m no photographer so any help I’d be grateful of.

So your saying if I use a filter I then have to adjust settings before I take a video or picture?

You are correct .. Cutting the light to the sensor isn't a good thing.
If you aren't a competent camera user, you'd be advised to leave the filters off.
You don't need them at all for what you are wanting to do.
2022-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules