OM5 Produces Very Poor Video Quality
6429 17 2022-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrorange44
lvl.1

United States

Hello. I am using an OM5 with a Samsung S10+. The phone on it's own takes great video, but when I'm using the OM5, the footage is unusable. Most notably has some kind of lag when panning. Jittery. Not shaky, but like the video processor is struggling to process the image. It can been seen during recording and when watching post-recording. I installed firmware update 1.00.03.60. Same issue. Re-calibrated. Did not help. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Example video recording:  https://vimeo.com/664065523/e0d94d6ad7  The video does 'Exist' at the link. For some reason is won't display in this post.

2022-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mrorange44. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) application on your mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, kindly please save all of your photos and videos before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device for you not to loose the said files. Thank you.

2022-1-9
Use props
mrorange44
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-9 22:19
Hello there mrorange44. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) application on your mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. In addition, kindly please save all of your photos and videos before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device for you not to loose the said files. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Re-installing the app did improve the video quality, but it is still lower quality than simply holding the phone when pan/move during video recording. If I just hold the phone and record, the quality is excellent. If I use the OM5 any movement has added motion blur, seemingly low frame rate and uneven looking panning. I'm not grasping what the advantage of using the OM5 is. Or maybe there is still an issue.
2022-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mrorange44 Posted at 1-9 22:50
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Re-installing the app did improve the video quality, but it is still lower quality than simply holding the phone when pan/move during video recording. If I just hold the phone and record, the quality is excellent. If I use the OM5 any movement has added motion blur, seemingly low frame rate and uneven looking panning. I'm not grasping what the advantage of using the OM5 is. Or maybe there is still an issue.

Hi there mrorange44. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these update. For us to be able to see if the issue will persist. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device. For reference I will post a DJI Link where in you can find the lost of recommended mobile device for the DJI OM 5. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... %20-%2020211112.pdf
2022-1-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can't watch it?
2022-1-14
Use props
Zero-Sixx
New

Netherlands

Did you ever find a fix? I have the same problem as your video with my Pixel 6 device.
2022-7-25
Use props
mrorange44
lvl.1

Canada

Zero-Sixx Posted at 7-25 12:24
Did you ever find a fix? I have the same problem as your video with my Pixel 6 device.

Reinstalling the app helped. But still better video recording quality just holding the phone. I now have a S22+ and find the same. That in addition of need to navigate through a MOUNTAIN of advertising to record a video, and some weird disconnect & reconnect issues. I don't use the device.
2022-7-25
Use props
fansd2f385bd
New

United States

I am using OM5 with mimo app on my S22 and see the same issue. The video quality is so bad when shot using the mimo app.
2022-12-11
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Can't watch it?
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_FuVo1r6EhKa6
New

Croatia

Same here with xiaomi 9note
2022-12-26
Use props
Cbender
New

Brazil

Can you put 4k on the 9 note? And did you solve the video quality problem?
2023-7-8
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same here with a Pixel 7 Pro. Using the phone as is delivers much better videos than with using Osmo 5. I regret spending money for the OM5.
2023-8-9
Use props
AM MotoTours CR
New

Costa Rica

Same issue with iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 14Pro, Huawei P40 Pro and Huawei P50 Pro… it’s lame not using the potential of the real cameras
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AM MotoTours CR Posted at 10-4 15:27
Same issue with iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 14Pro, Huawei P40 Pro and Huawei P50 Pro… it’s lame not using the potential of the real cameras

HI there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload some examples showing the issue so we can assist you further? We will wait for your reply. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-10-12
Use props
djiuser_Ak0ipHkpBTII
New

France

Hi everyone, I'm from France. I just buy the Osmo Mobile SE and I have the same problem. I got a Honor 90 Lite and when I use the Mimo App the video is "jerky" during the recording and the watching. But, I notice it's only happening when I use the Video function, it's all right when I use the Timelapse function or others. I tried to sens you a video example but your server doesn't accept .MP4 file format... I uninstall and reinstall the app, same result. Do you have any solution?
2023-11-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_Ak0ipHkpBTII Posted at 11-22 06:38
Hi everyone, I'm from France. I just buy the Osmo Mobile SE and I have the same problem. I got a Honor 90 Lite and when I use the Mimo App the video is "jerky" during the recording and the watching. But, I notice it's only happening when I use the Video function, it's all right when I use the Timelapse function or others. I tried to sens you a video example but your server doesn't accept .MP4 file format... I uninstall and reinstall the app, same result. Do you have any solution?

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Please use another camera and record the operation showing the issue so we can check it further. You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube then send the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-28
Use props
djiuser_Ak0ipHkpBTII
New

France

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-28 03:48
Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Please use another camera and record the operation showing the issue so we can check it further. You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube then send the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thanks for your answer. I did use another phone (Xiaomi Mi 11 lite) with a 4k camera and I notice it's better.
I will still send you the videos via GG Drive.
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_Ak0ipHkpBTII Posted at 11-29 05:29
Thanks for your answer. I did use another phone (Xiaomi Mi 11 lite) with a 4k camera and I notice it's better.
I will still send you the videos via GG Drive.

You're welcome. Please keep us posted with the link so we can check. Have a good one!
2023-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules