DJI RS 2 Tethered Control handle NOT WORKING
2405 1 2022-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vidano
New
United States

This is so frustrating. Has anyone else experienced the Ronin RS 2 tethered control handle not working after updating the ronin firmware?  I bought the Ronin RS 2 at the end of Dec. 2021.  The control handle powered on and linked...but the Ronin was not working with my BMPCC 4K.  Once I upgraded the ronin to the latest firmware the tethered control handle STOPPED WORKING.  The controls for the BMPCC 4K worked...but not the tethered control handle.

So I scoured the internet and found there is a firmware update for the actual handle.  I installed the firmware update for the handle...nothing.

I even downgraded my Ronin firmware to see if I needed to have loaded the firmware on the tethered handle FIRST before upgrading the Ronin firmware.  But upgrading both in different orders did not work at all.

When I plug the tethered handle into my computer with the USB-C cable I see one of the red lights come on.  So, it seems the cable is communicating with the handle.  And it seems that the handle CAN power on.  But not connected to the Ronin RS 2.

Very frustrating.

I'm going to return the handle for a new one.  But I'm guessing it won't make a difference considering the handle sees power when it is connected to my laptop.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
2022-1-9
Use props
Vidano
New
United States

Ok. After more problem solving I got it working.  Whew.  I ended up removing the right side "extension bar" and held the tethered control handle in my hand while testing all of the connections.  When I got to the small "power attachment" that hooks on to the center grip I realized that it was loose.  I had adjusted and inspected this piece before to see if it was loose...and it had no effect on fixing the problem.  But when I looked at it again it was loose.

So, I'm realizing that when I attache the "power attachment" to the center handle I need to wiggle it back and forth into place while I am tightening it so that it seats into place properly.  What I found out is that it can feel tight...while not being seated correctly.  

Attached is a photo of the piece that needed to be seated properly.

Small power attachment to center handle

Small power attachment to center handle
2022-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules