1234Next >
25370 144 2022-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_plgYDZJPmW8K
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1508747 ft
Portugal

I sent my batteries do DJI and now waiting for an answer.
2022-3-28
Use props
CLAUDIO CHILE
lvl.1

Chile

Same problem over here.   My local tech support changes the bad battery. But after the same battery update process, it doesn't start motors just like the previous one.     
2022-3-29
Use props
djiuser_RNYlDk6hLy7f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 584249 ft
United States

I'm having battery issues myself. My original one worked fine for 3 short AF flights and 4th flight only lasted 1 min before I had to take care of something so I brought it down. So the battery has all but 1 green light still available for power. I unplug it from the drone and store everything as usual and 2 days later the battery when checked still shows all green dots but for 1 and for some reason I can't get it past the checking for charge phase. When you double press the button you get all green 1 time then everything goes dark and it won't power the drone and of course it won't even take a damn charge. Plugged it into the only charger I have which is the factory power brick and I get zero lights . Nothing. Almost  anyone seen something like this b4?
2022-3-29
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45600 ft
Taiwan

Bloody hell I am so mad. -- I'm experiencing the same issues as previously stated with the difference that I have not even flown the darn drone. Mind you it's brand new. I bought mine three weeks ago, waited for two weeks to open it for medical reasons, and tried to charge all the components. Everything works, as usual, however, the battery didn't -- It is completely dead. Been trying to deal with the retailers where I purchased the drone and DJI, and both are giving me the run-around with no options to resolve the issue. Here's the link to the video I made showing the problem.

2022-3-30
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Tavs Posted at 3-30 07:41
Bloody hell I am so mad. -- I'm experiencing the same issues as previously stated with the difference that I have not even flown the darn drone. Mind you it's brand new. I bought mine three weeks ago, waited for two weeks to open it for medical reasons, and tried to charge all the components. Everything works, as usual, however, the battery didn't -- It is completely dead. Been trying to deal with the retailers where I purchased the drone and DJI, and both are giving me the run-around with no options to resolve the issue. Here's the link to the video I made showing the problem.

NEW FPV DRONE KIT - DOA BATTERY

I think this is another lack of quality control during manufacture issue.

I bought a battery with exactly the same issue, though I bought it knowing it to be faulty. It was a new battery as well.

If you had the three port charging hub you would see the LED on the hub go from Green to Red when the battery is plugged in. All the manual states for this is a fault condition.

Anyway I removed the battery assembly from its case and measured the voltage of each cell, all six cells had a voltage of 0.62Volt. This is a charge I would expect the cells to have if they’d not received a charge at the point of manufacture.

Using a LiPo charger I charged each cell up to a storage value (3.8Volt). All cells retained their charge indicating they were all healthy. The LED’s on the battery also indicated the charge.

However I still could not charge the battery, the LED on the Hub was yellow, supposedly claiming the battery temperature was outside specification, which it wasn’t. Nor when plugged into the drone would it power it on.  This is because the Battery Management System still had the Power Failure Flag (PF Flag) initialised. To reset this the battery needs to be connected to a CP2112 debug board and a utility called DJI Battery Killer to be run. This time round I’ve been unable to find my debug board so I’m waiting on a replacement board to be delivered from overseas.

Here’s a video describing the process.

2022-3-31
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

Nidge Posted at 3-31 01:12
I think this is another lack of quality control during manufacture issue.

I bought a battery with exactly the same issue, though I bought it knowing it to be faulty. It was a new battery as well.

Hey Nidge, I don't think I'll be able to try what you've done on that video I think I'm going to follow up with DJI and send the battery plus charger to a repair center and have it done there. Cool video

Thanks!
2022-3-31
Use props
djiuser_hev0kt7eYsu7
lvl.1
Chile

CLAUDIO CHILE Posted at 3-29 10:03
Same problem over here.   My local tech support changes the bad battery. But after the same battery update process, it doesn't start motors just like the previous one.

Hola Claudio.
estás en chile? dónde las compraste?
2022-3-31
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Tavs Posted at 3-31 01:59
Hey Nidge, I don't think I'll be able to try what you've done on that video  I think I'm going to follow up with DJI and send the battery plus charger to a repair center and have it done there. Cool video

Thanks!

Idle hands and the Devil’s work, and stuff. I’m retired on medical grounds so I have plenty of time to risk life and limb saving a few Bucks on an otherwise overpriced battery.
2022-4-1
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

Nidge Posted at 4-1 01:14
Idle hands and the Devil’s work, and stuff. I’m retired on medical grounds so I have plenty of time to risk life and limb saving a few Bucks on an otherwise overpriced battery.

I understand and appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Cheers, mate!
2022-4-1
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

Tavs Posted at 3-30 07:41

NEW FPV DRONE KIT - DOA BATTERY

After waiting on DJI for a response I went ahead and purchased a brand new battery. This time the battery worked as intended. I was able to power the drone and activate it, too. Felt great.

My goal now is to ship the DOA battery to DJI in hope that I'll get it back soon.

IMG_1108.jpg

FPV_01

FPV_01
IMG_1118.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG
2022-4-1
Use props
macintox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 378156 ft
Taiwan

I am having the exact same issues...for everyone having this issue, are there any icons in your goggle that appears to be red?
2022-4-1
Use props
CLAUDIO CHILE
lvl.1

Chile

djiuser_hev0kt7eYsu7 Posted at 3-31 06:57
Hola Claudio.
estás en chile? dónde las compraste?

Hola en Dronestore de Costanera Center y lo llevé al ST del Omnium.  La primera batería (la que viene por defecto es la que falló y las del fly more combo cero problema.  Me la cambiaron por una nueva y tb falla post actualización.  Llega a un 87% .. y derrepente se reinicia el proceso en el visor.
2022-4-1
Use props
djiuser_PP4r6mtOfSNY
New

United States

I am having the same issue. I just bought the FPV last Monday with 3 batteries. I have all red lights and the Forward Vison System Status stays RED on the goggles display. I have REFRESHED the firmware but the motors will not take off. I am starting the regret the purchase. DJI can you please help because this looks like a problem that is happening all over the place.
2022-4-1
Use props
djiuser_PP4r6mtOfSNY
New

United States

macintox Posted at 4-1 03:37
I am having the exact same issues...for everyone having this issue, are there any icons in your goggle that appears to be red?

Yes...the Forward Vison System Status stays RED. The motors wont start....Extremely frustrating
2022-4-1
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I have a feeling that DJI are not responding as the only fix for this issue is to replace all the faulty batteries. I suspect that the there is no communication between the battery’s I2C bus (the 3 tiny pins on the battery plug) and the drone. And if the rumours are correct DJI have already ceased production of the drone and batteries.
2022-4-2
Use props
djiuser_hev0kt7eYsu7
lvl.1
Chile

CLAUDIO CHILE Posted at 4-1 04:34
Hola en Dronestore de Costanera Center y lo llevé al ST del Omnium.  La primera batería (la que viene por defecto es la que falló y las del fly more combo cero problema.  Me la cambiaron por una nueva y tb falla post actualización.  Llega a un 87% .. y derrepente se reinicia el proceso en el visor.

a mí lo contrario, la original funciona perfect, pero las del flymore no hay caso.
y eso que actualizaron bien, pero no hay caso que armen motores.
las compré en Killstore y aún esperando respuesta.
2022-4-2
Use props
dm27
New

Chile

djiuser_hev0kt7eYsu7 Posted at 4-2 02:56
a mí lo contrario, la original funciona perfect, pero las del flymore no hay caso.
y eso que actualizaron bien, pero no hay caso que armen motores.
las compré en Killstore y aún esperando respuesta.

Yo compré un fly more kit en Killstore y ninguna de las dos baterías funciona. Pasa exactamente lo mismo que a los demás. Hablé por el chat de la página y me dijeron que tenían otro caso similar y que mandara correo para gestionar una devolución.
2022-4-2
Use props
djiuser_hev0kt7eYsu7
lvl.1
Chile

dm27 Posted at 4-2 07:33
Yo compré un fly more kit en Killstore y ninguna de las dos baterías funciona. Pasa exactamente lo mismo que a los demás. Hablé por el chat de la página y me dijeron que tenían otro caso similar y que mandara correo para gestionar una devolución.

seguro ese caso soy yo!
veremos qué responden esta semana.
2022-4-2
Use props
CLAUDIO CHILE
lvl.1

Chile

djiuser_hev0kt7eYsu7 Posted at 4-2 18:19
seguro ese caso soy yo!
veremos qué responden esta semana.

Cómo te fue???? Pregunto dado que a mi ya me habían cambiado una batería y la falla persiste post actualización.  Ya iría por segunda vez con el mismo caso.  Sólo no he tenido tiempo por trabajo.
2022-4-7
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7672598 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nidge Posted at 4-2 00:28
I have a feeling that DJI are not responding as the only fix for this issue is to replace all the faulty batteries. I suspect that the there is no communication between the battery’s I2C bus (the 3 tiny pins on the battery plug) and the drone. And if the rumours are correct DJI have already ceased production of the drone and batteries.

Not I2C. It's RS485.
2022-4-7
Use props
djiuser_hev0kt7eYsu7
lvl.1
Chile

CLAUDIO CHILE Posted at 4-7 08:09
Cómo te fue???? Pregunto dado que a mi ya me habían cambiado una batería y la falla persiste post actualización.  Ya iría por segunda vez con el mismo caso.  Sólo no he tenido tiempo por trabajo.

me tienen sin novedades, según ellos esperando respuesta de DJI
2022-4-7
Use props
djiuser_qObpOFzmaafr
New

United States

I have the exact problem with the new flymore combo pack
2022-4-7
Use props
JaffH
lvl.1

United States

I've ordered my through AmazoneHaven't had any problems with it.
2022-4-7
Use props
CLAUDIO CHILE
lvl.1

Chile

djiuser_hev0kt7eYsu7 Posted at 4-7 10:39
me tienen sin novedades, según ellos esperando respuesta de DJI

A mi, me habían dado 10 días hábiles, a los 7 me avisaron que pasar a retirar la nueva.  Me la llevé de vacaciones y al usarla.. plop... ahora no he tenido tiempo para llevarla nuevamente.
2022-4-8
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

fansebae Posted at 4-7 09:05
Not I2C. It's RS485.

I'm familiar with RS-485 as used in industrial control systems but not come across it before with Battery Management Systems.

The Mavic range, the Spark, and I believe some of the Phantoms, all use I2c, using the BQ9003 chip

The FPV battery uses a BQ9006 chip, which using a CP2112 debug board and battery software will connect and allow for reading and editing the battery parameters.

In the example below you can see a stripped down FPV battery and the required connections to the CP2112 debug board. The other screenshot is the readout from the battery. Some of the data is incorrect as this was a version of the software that didn't contain the latest BQ9006 data set.

2022-4-8
Use props
pjruizg
lvl.1

Guatemala

Nidge Posted at 4-8 08:12
I'm familiar with RS-485 as used in industrial control systems but not come across it before with Battery Management Systems.

The Mavic range, the Spark, and I believe some of the Phantoms, all use I2c, using the BQ9003 chip

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you think the borad needs to be reflashed (if possible) with the correct data set in some way to make it work?
2022-4-10
Use props
SabreAC222
lvl.1
Flight distance : 449544 ft
Australia

I’m still having the same issue. Sent emails but get no response from DJI
2022-4-10
Use props
Scybe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223442 ft
Germany

Have the same Problem !!!
2022-4-12
Use props
Scybe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223442 ft
Germany

djiuser_BpxEah9HmJA6 Posted at 2-24 18:14
Guys I figured it out. The DJI batteries come in hybernation mode. You have to vonnect directly to the single charger in order for the battery to come oyt of that state. Must leave sevral hours conected even if it shows fully charged. Once you do thid it should stsrt working normal

Did not worke for me ... It was fully charged and i left it for more than 4 hours at the charging..
2022-4-12
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

pjruizg Posted at 4-10 10:50
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you think the borad needs to be reflashed (if possible) with the correct data set in some way to make it work?

It's not a dumb question at all, and it might benefit from a reflash. The problem is that to reflash the BMS you need to have a working copy of the firmware and the tools, both hardware and software, to do it.

I was playing with a duff battery pack, all cells down to less than 0.5Volt. I tied to bring them up to a suitable level to power the BMS board. However when I made the connection and tried to read the board I received a message insinuating that a Manufacturers Access Code was required.

Earlier today I received two new batteries. I brought them out of hibernation, and charged them. When I powered up the drone, controller, and goggles, I saw the rear lights of the quad flashing red. However in my goggles there was a message stating the battery had incompatible firmware, but I was prompted to update the firmware. The firmware for the battery is stored within the drone itself and once you confirm the update it downloads to the battery. This takes around 2minutes to complete. It's also worth mentioning that the firmware update will not work if the battery is below 40% capacity.
2022-4-13
Use props
fans72064856
New
United States

Im having the same issue. I have a brand new dji fpv combo , battery is fully charged , rapid flasing red light and motor wont start.
I can not understand why so many people have the same issue but DJI don't know what the problem is? And I don't understand why people keep asking for pics or videos of the problem
2022-4-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans72064856 Posted at 4-17 16:15
Im having the same issue. I have a brand new dji fpv combo , battery is fully charged , rapid flasing red light and motor wont start.
I can not understand why so many people have the same issue but DJI don't know what the problem is? And I don't understand why people keep asking for pics or videos of the problem

Hello, there. We are greatly sorry for your inconvenience. May we know have you solved your issue? If not, could you please provide us with your SN of the battery via PM? We will have further confirmation. Since different people's situations may differ. We need to judge case by case. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-4-17
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 4-17 21:07
Hello, there. We are greatly sorry for your inconvenience. May we know have you solved your issue? If not, could you please provide us with your SN of the battery via PM? We will have further confirmation. Since different people's situations may differ. We need to judge case by case. Thanks for your understanding.

Really?

This issue has affected so many people, with reports not just on here but also in other forums and social media, and DJI are dealing with this on a case by case basis? As it’s obviously linked to a manufacturing issue surely you can do a general recall of problem units through your dealer networks. Attempting to hide the issue only compounds the problem.
2022-4-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Nidge Posted at 4-22 01:26
Really?

This issue has affected so many people, with reports not just on here but also in other forums and social media, and DJI are dealing with this on a case by case basis? As it’s obviously linked to a manufacturing issue surely you can do a general recall of problem units through your dealer networks. Attempting to hide the issue only compounds the problem.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please tell us the specific issues you've encountered? Since different customers may have different issues, we have to analyze them case by case. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-4-22
Use props
Mtn_Surfer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9035 ft
Switzerland

Same issue, just picked up a fly more kit and getting the red flashing lights both before and after firmware upgrade using DJI Assistant 2. In the menu status, it indicates a compass error only when the defective fly more battery is used --> Conducting compass calibration though does not resolve and red lights continue to flash with no motor activation

Interestingly though it does appear to be a BMS related issue as charging of the defective fly more battery took roughly 20 minutes until it indicated full so obviously something is not right in the cell balancing.

@DJI, how does one go about replacing the defective battery/ies?

Edit: Just checked the new defective battery measures 23.5V fully charged while known good measures 24.8V fully charged
2022-4-28
Use props
fans4a6944db
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337776 ft
United States

Hello. I am having the same exact problem with the 2 new batteries. What is the issue? Can it be resolved?
16514223202135375837095565921419.jpg
2022-5-1
Use props
fans4a6944db
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337776 ft
United States

Mtn_Surfer Posted at 4-28 08:17
Same issue, just picked up a fly more kit and getting the red flashing lights both before and after firmware upgrade using DJI Assistant 2. In the menu status, it indicates a compass error only when the defective fly more battery is used --> Conducting compass calibration though does not resolve and red lights continue to flash with no motor activation

Interestingly though it does appear to be a BMS related issue as charging of the defective fly more battery took roughly 20 minutes until it indicated full  so obviously something is not right in the cell balancing.

Same issue. Did you get it resolved?
2022-5-1
Use props
Mtn_Surfer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9035 ft
Germany

fans4a6944db Posted at 5-1 08:26
Same issue. Did you get it resolved?

Working on trying to get them replaced by DJI. The retailer where I purchased knows about this issue, but hasn't been instructed on how to identify the bad batches/return them.
2022-5-2
Use props
JR_zx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32707 ft
United States

I have the same problem with a battery, red blinking lights as most of users with the same problem in this thread.
Battery is brand new and have only 1 charge cycle.
Dear DJI, what should I do for resolve this issue?
Battery SN: 37WDJ6ACR20339
2022-5-11
Use props
djiuser_H8ZHdaaMmNh7
New

United States

I am having the same issue. Brand new DJI FPV Combo purchased directly from the DJI Store. Everything powers up fine; controller, goggles, drone. Everything is updated with the latest firmware. Everything is calibrated. Battery charges up fine. However, the rotors won’t turn, so it won’t take off, and the obstacle avoidance light remains red.

Very upsetting being as how the price just went down for this by a couple hundred dollars. I guess I know why.

DJI, can you fix this? I just want to fly and continue my business operations.
2022-5-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules