Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV smart battery won't start motors
25300 144 2022-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_H8ZHdaaMmNh7
New

United States

I am having the same issue. Brand new DJI FPV Combo purchased directly from the DJI Store. Everything powers up fine; controller, goggles, drone. Everything is updated with the latest firmware. Everything is calibrated. Battery charges up fine. However, the rotors won’t turn, so it won’t take off, and the obstacle avoidance light remains red.

Very upsetting being as how the price just went down for this by a couple hundred dollars. I guess I know why.

DJI, can you fix this? I just want to fly and continue my business operations.
2022-5-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_H8ZHdaaMmNh7 Posted at 5-14 18:41
I am having the same issue. Brand new DJI FPV Combo purchased directly from the DJI Store. Everything powers up fine; controller, goggles, drone. Everything is updated with the latest firmware. Everything is calibrated. Battery charges up fine. However, the rotors won’t turn, so it won’t take off, and the obstacle avoidance light remains red.

Very upsetting being as how the price just went down for this by a couple hundred dollars. I guess I know why.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please provide us with a video for our further check. You could upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us. Thank you.
2022-5-16
Use props
fans4a6944db
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337776 ft
United States

same problem here, also i was not able to use the dji assistant 2.0 for fpv... not showing the drone, i finally wass able to connect it today. I downgraded the firmware and then i updated it again. still nothing no fly with the fly more kit.
2022-5-19
Use props
Jike Mames
New

United States

DJI should be ashamed of itself. I spent 1300 dollars on this unit, and the level of Incompatibility is intense! First off, the whole Andriod discrimination thing . Can't get the Simulation app. 2nd, general Incompatibility with Andriod OS's. Then let's talk about how I can't use this controller with any of their Air units. That's dirty pool. Then I buy a fly more kit, and the batteries are defective.  Man, that's a lot of money. Cell phone companies treat their customers better. Very, very, very disappointing.  I build my own Freestyle drones as well, and I'm getting away from that because I just want to fly. I'm not doing much of that after 1300.00 in equipment here. I notice Stephen is not replying to the entire page of people with this problem.  Perhaps, a class action lawsuit may be in order?
2022-6-5
Use props
Jike Mames
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-16 01:06
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please provide us with a video for our further check. You could upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us. Thank you.

Thor, you have plenty of explanations,  and examples on this thread. I think your fully aware of your company's faulty batteries.  I think its going to become a large issue for DJI soon. Were not happy out here.
2022-6-5
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

"smart" batteries. They should have them made by a company in Japan. The best Lithium batteries are made there.
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jike Mames Posted at 6-5 05:40
DJI should be ashamed of itself. I spent 1300 dollars on this unit, and the level of Incompatibility is intense! First off, the whole Andriod discrimination thing . Can't get the Simulation app. 2nd, general Incompatibility with Andriod OS's. Then let's talk about how I can't use this controller with any of their Air units. That's dirty pool. Then I buy a fly more kit, and the batteries are defective.  Man, that's a lot of money. Cell phone companies treat their customers better. Very, very, very disappointing.  I build my own Freestyle drones as well, and I'm getting away from that because I just want to fly. I'm not doing much of that after 1300.00 in equipment here. I notice Stephen is not replying to the entire page of people with this problem.  Perhaps, a class action lawsuit may be in order?

Hi, Jike. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. For the battery, may we know have you contacted our team for further assistance? If you have any issues encountered with the products, please let us know. We will try our best to help you out. Besides, we also forwarded your feedback to our team. We listen to all the feedback on social media and will keep improving to provide you all more professional service. Thank you again for your understanding and support.
2022-6-6
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

This is just weird.

I'm a new FPV owner, getting mine in late April. I flew it around in Normal mode with just the battery that came with it for a while, but when I switched to Sport mode, it started consuming power at a prodigious rate, and I knew that I had to get the Fly More kit.

I plugged all three of the batteries, the original plus the 2 that came with the Fly More, into the charging strip overnight. They've all worked fine ever since.

In one of the pics above, I noticed there was a battery plugged directly into the brick, rather than plugging the charging strip into the brick, and then the batteries into the charging strip. I don't see how that would make any difference; I just present it as an observation.

For those of you who have had this problem, have you looked at the power level in the goggles after powering it up with the newer batteries?

Also, for those of you who have had the problem, when did you buy your Fly More? With this many people seeing the identical problem, it's hard to believe it's just something isolated, but I'm curious whether it was a problem for a while, and then stopped? Also, where are you located? There's more variation in what goes where in the drone world than I would have expected.

I'm in the USA, and I got my Fly More just a couple of weeks ago, from Amazon. No issues of any kind.

I'll be interested to see how this sorts out.

Good luck!

TCS
2022-6-6
Use props
djiuser_FJ9CCssKzshN
New

United States

Hi so I have the same issue. I just got fpv a week ago and I just finally got to open it and everything turn on. it just will not turn the engine on. I tried changing batteries. I am a android user so I'm not sure thats the issue but Ive done everything your suppose to do when using an android. I have no idea what's going on. Can someone help
2022-7-24
Use props
djiuser_FJ9CCssKzshN
New

United States

Nevermind my buddy let me use one of his batteries and it work fine I guess send the batteries back is only other option
2022-7-24
Use props
djiuser_VihESxzSuNG8
New

Germany

Hello there, incredible this thing has still not been solved! And the guys in the store know more than the support here! The support Chatbot has no idea about it…
In the store in Frankfurt, Germany they told us in April already that the fly more kit batteries wouldn‘t work so they don‘t sell them. We bought the drone nevertheless but the flight time is really too short. Now went to the store 3 months later just to hear it is still not solved!!
And it‘s hard to find any information about it, finally found this Forum and see the issue started in January?! Crazy!
What have you all done now, did everyone order again and again from Amazon until they got batteries which worked? Is there a chance to get still a kit that works from Amazon? As someone in US got one working still in June… but comments in Amazon are saying around 80% are not working… not sure should one really spend 1000€ for 4 kits and hope 1 works and to get back the 750€ for the other 3…
Thanks a lot if anybody has a hint!
2022-7-26
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

djiuser_VihESxzSuNG8 Posted at 7-26 14:07
Hello there, incredible this thing has still not been solved! And the guys in the store know more than the support here! The support Chatbot has no idea about it…
In the store in Frankfurt, Germany they told us in April already that the fly more kit batteries wouldn‘t work so they don‘t sell them. We bought the drone nevertheless but the flight time is really too short. Now went to the store 3 months later just to hear it is still not solved!!
And it‘s hard to find any information about it, finally found this Forum and see the issue started in January?! Crazy!

"did everyone order again and again from Amazon until they got batteries which worked? Is there a chance to get still a kit that works from Amazon?"
IMO you should only buy DJI drone batteries from DJI itself. I bought 2x flight more + a single battery from them, at least I am sure that the batteries are new, and they have not been stored for months in who knows what conditions.

But perhaps DJI during lockdowns had some issues with quality control and so several kits were sold with defects.

2022-7-26
Use props
djiuser_VihESxzSuNG8
New

Germany

FlyLow Posted at 7-26 21:37
"did everyone order again and again from Amazon until they got batteries which worked? Is there a chance to get still a kit that works from Amazon?"
IMO you should only buy DJI drone batteries from DJI itself. I bought 2x flight no more + a single battery from them, at least I am sure that the batteries are new, and they have not been stored for months in who knows what conditions.

Normally yes but as I already wrote our DJI store in Frankfurt does not sell the batteries as they know that they don‘t have any that work. Is this different in your country? Or do you think if we order in the DJI online shop we might by chance get some which work?
I read in some comments before someone got batteries which worked from Amazon.
I would like to collect cases where people got batteries which worked in the end to know where is the best chance.
2022-7-27
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

As I said, if you order directly from DJI you get new batteries. I strongly believe the manufacturing problem has been solved.
I just noticed that the single battery that came with the drone (right) has a different manufacturer (bottom) than the batteries in the flight more kit (left).
DSC007830.JPG

2022-7-27
Use props
djiuser_VihESxzSuNG8
New

Germany

FlyLow Posted at 7-27 06:29
As I said, if you order directly from DJI you get new batteries. I strongly believe the manufacturing problem has been solved.
I just noticed that the single battery that came with the drone (right) has a different manufacturer (bottom) than the batteries in the flight more kit (left).
[view_image][Image]
ah good to know this, thanks, I can try to order but I strongly wonder why I would get online a set of batteries from the right manufacturer while the DJI store won‘t get it… did you order batteries online in the last months which worked?
2022-7-27
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

djiuser_VihESxzSuNG8 Posted at 7-27 11:14
ah good to know this, thanks, I can try to order but I strongly wonder why I would get online a set of batteries from the right manufacturer while the DJI store won‘t get it… did you order batteries online in the last months which worked?

ordered from DJI the flight more kits during the month of May, just after they had been unavailable for a while.
2022-7-27
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251211 ft
United States

I got the Fly More at the same time as the FPV but had the issue with the battery that came with the FPV, had to return the whole thing and got another one that had no issues.
2022-7-28
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251211 ft
United States

delmore Posted at 2-17 09:47
The second Fly More kit batteries were fine at first. They charged okay and I was able to start the motors and flew the aircraft with them. However, after that, one of the batteries would fail to accept a charge, so I returned the Fly More combo to Best Buy and got another one. I received this combo yesterday and both batteries accepted a charge okay, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I sorta hate it for Best Buy but it sure is handy to be able to return it and get another as fast as you can get back to their store.
2022-7-28
Use props
djiuser_oH3Lj7dRaLgv
New

United States

Hello all My name is Ivan, i purchased this item as a gift for my brother a while ago, he lives in a different country. i couldn't send it right away because of issues related to COVID. I sent it about 2 weeks ago and my brother. He used it once, it worked fine but the batteries won't charge. I don't really know what to do. Is there any solution?.
2022-8-4
Use props
fans832fe14a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486864 ft
  • >>>
United States

This really sucks, I'm having the same issue as everyone here, but sending my batteries back through Amazon DJI store is going to be near next to impossible since I relocated to Mexico from the US since purchasing the kit. The fly-more batteries worked fine in March, now not at all, just the same, says non-dji. I have a handful of DJI drones, never so many problems as with this one, it is ridiculous that they won't fix this.
2022-8-27
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 03:27
Definitely sounds like the batteries from the DJI direct order are defective.  Stay persistent with DJI about just returning the batteries.

There's a reason that I always buy stuff from Amazon whenever possible...quick and painless returns when needed, every time.

It does sound like a defective Fly More Kit, but DJI Support will help you work through it.

You might consider doing the following, if you haven't already: charge the new batteries overnight. Sometimes that works.

Good luck!

TCS
2022-8-29
Use props
777Brad
lvl.3

United States

I just bought a new battery from DJI's official site on Amazon.    I'm getting this same error.

I have read this thread & also this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D767%26typeid%3D767

Sounds like I'm returning it to DJI/Amazon.

2023-2-9
Use props
djiuser_EeLyGbcWdFgd
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-1-9 22:24
Hello there protomatica. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best recommendation and solution for this issue. Thank you.

You shouldnt need a sample video. Lots of people are having the same problem. It's not a "rare" thing. Out of 10 of my dji fpv official batteries, 2 are glitchy as others have stated and do not work. Shame.
2023-8-17
Use props
djiuser_N1v2Z76MPoQJ
New

United States

My FPV has been in storage for about 6 months due to my moving, today I tried to set up to fly and the drone would not power up, so I tried to charge the battery, when I plugged it into the charger, the 4 led lights just flashed for about 1 minute then shut off, o let it charge over night, unplugged it and pressed the power on button on the battery and got nothing, I checked the output of the charger with my multi meter and got 25.5 volts. Why isn’t my battery charging? I also held the power button down for 10 secs when it was in the drone, and nothing happed.
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_N1v2Z76MPoQJ Posted at 9-10 09:16
My FPV has been in storage for about 6 months due to my moving, today I tried to set up to fly and the drone would not power up, so I tried to charge the battery, when I plugged it into the charger, the 4 led lights just flashed for about 1 minute then shut off, o let it charge over night, unplugged it and pressed the power on button on the battery and got nothing, I checked the output of the charger with my multi meter and got 25.5 volts. Why isn’t my battery charging? I also held the power button down for 10 secs when it was in the drone, and nothing happed.

Hi, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. The battery may experience battery cell problems due to the battery being completely discharged for a long period. In this case, we recommend sending it in if the battery is within the warranty service or purchasing a new one if out of warranty service. If you wish to get the battery in service, you may use this link. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules