Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV smart battery won't start motors
1234Next >
25304 144 2022-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
protomatica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15371 ft
United States

Hello all, I'm experiencing a strange problem and can't seem to find anyone else who has posted about this:

I purchased an FPV combo kit in December 2021. I have had no issues operating it with the battery that came with it. The drone powers on, motors will spin up, and it flies as it should.

I then purchased an FPV fly more battery kit from DJI along with extra props to make sure I was receiving official DJI products.

Both of the batteries from the FPV fly more battery kit I received from DJI are not functioning properly.
They have both successfully woken up from hibernation. Both are charged to 100% capacity. Both have received a firmware update from the drone.
Both batteries will power the drone on successfully. After that I can do everything I would with the original battery, except for flying the drone.
With both batteries from this fly more kit, the motors will not power up and I cannot fly.

I can then swap back to the original battery and fly perfectly fine.

Because I am trying to get more flight time in, and I have the cash, I bought another FPV fly more kit from Amazon and had it overnighted.
I have not had any issues with the batteries I received in this other FPV fly more kit.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue or maybe has a remedy? I'm in the email process of returns and it seems like there's a misunderstanding because they're asking me to send the drone in. Clearly the drone is not the misfunctional part here, but i digress...

2022-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there protomatica. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best recommendation and solution for this issue. Thank you.
2022-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely sounds like the batteries from the DJI direct order are defective.  Stay persistent with DJI about just returning the batteries.  
2022-1-10
Use props
cootertwo
lvl.4
United States

Maybe they need "updating"   ????
2022-1-10
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

cootertwo Posted at 1-10 06:15
Maybe they need "updating"   ????

He already mentioned that a software update has taken place!
2022-1-10
Use props
djiuser_vSdMjbm4b0jP
New
Flight distance : 29154 ft
United States

frankymusik Posted at 1-10 08:21
He already mentioned that a software update has taken place!

wow that’s crazy, I literally was having that issue yesterday and again today. I purchased  the fly more batteries and those won’t allow my drown to fly but I can still hit record tilt camera and everything except fly. I put in the original battery that came with fly more kit and it flys just fine. I too am looking for a remedy or want to know if I’ll have to return these and exchange them for a new set of batteries.
2022-1-10
Use props
djiuser_vSdMjbm4b0jP
New
Flight distance : 29154 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-9 22:24
Hello there protomatica. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best recommendation and solution for this issue. Thank you.

We need answers Stephen!!! Please
2022-1-10
Use props
djiuser_adF0zjmTMl5M
New

United States

I’m having the exact same issues. Any solution? I have a video but it’s unsupported for me to upload. Is their an email I could send the video to?
2022-1-15
Use props
djiuser_adF0zjmTMl5M
New

United States

I’m having the exact same issues. Any solution? I have a video but it’s unsupported for me to upload. Is their an email I could send the video to?
2022-1-15
Use props
djiuser_adF0zjmTMl5M
New

United States

The original battery works perfectly fine as I you could see it flying on the photo but the fly more it doesn’t this is literally my 3 kit I ordered from Amazon assuming it’s the battery cause my original battery works perfectly fine. Fly more kit was sealed and not tampered with. I charged it fully but still shows Quickly flashing RED LED light. I updated the firmware on all battery’s via the app but the motors still won’t power on. As soon on the photo the drone won’t fly with the fly more kit and shows Quickly Flashing RED light. Photo can’t do it justice but it’s the best I could do since I can’t upload a video.
image.jpg
image.jpg
2022-1-18
Use props
adcantly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15558 ft
United States

Greetings - I'm currently having the same problem. I was wondering if the fly more combo batteries need to be charged with the charging brick that came with the drone first, similar to the activation of the battery that came with the drone.
2022-1-19
Use props
djiuser_cPS8P70VtKPg
New

United States

I’m having the same exact issue after purchasing the fly more kit. What is the solution to fixing the batteries? I have tried draining and fully recharging the batteries. This seems to be a battery issue since the original battery that came with the drone works just fine.
2022-1-23
Use props
iamthehippy
New

United States

Yes, I'm having the same exact problem. Everything works fine with the battery it came with, but the Fly More batteries will not allow Drone to take-off. I can do everything you are talking about except take off. I have reached out to DJI Support. I'm just waiting for an answer.
2022-1-23
Use props
djiuser_PjvL5jUDHQPV
New

United States

Same problem is there a solution tried two different sets the same outcome
2022-1-23
Use props
delmore
lvl.1

United States

Just thought I would add that I'm having this exact same issue with the Fly More batteries I received last week from Best Buy. I charged them last weekend and took the FPV out yesterday and had a great flight with the original battery and then tried the Fly More batteries and everything with the drone works fine, but the rotors refuse to turn and the LEDs on the rear rotor outboard blink red, but I'm getting no indication of what the issue is. This is a $300 set of batteries, so I too am looking for a remedy or I’ll have to return these for a refund. Just expecting better than this from DJI. I've owned or do own both the Mavic Pro 1 and 2 and added the Fly More batteries for both of these and never had an issue.
2022-1-24
Use props
djiuser_99lB3iBkqpVD
New
United States

I have exactly the same Issue. anyone found the solution ?
The problem is the drone or the batteries ? This is the second set battery I just got from Amazon
2022-1-25
Use props
djiuser_99lB3iBkqpVD
New
United States

Hello. What is The solution ? I have the same Issue
2022-1-25
Use props
delmore
lvl.1

United States

Got on line with John at DJI this morning through the chat line. He confirmed the blinking red LEDs on the rear outboards indicate an issue with the IMU. He asked whether the goggles indicate an IMU issue and they do not. I told him I had performed an IMU calibration, but I could have been more careful doing this and will repeat it tonight. He also wanted the battery SNs, so I will get that tonight also. I will then circle back with John on the chat and hope for an answer tomorrow morning.
2022-1-26
Use props
delmore
lvl.1

United States

Recalibrating the IMU failed to work last night. Here is what Tom recommended this morning on the DJI help chat.
It is recommended that :
1. Restart the DJI FPV Goggles V2, the aircraft, and the remote controller.
2. Connect to DJI Assistant 2 and refresh the aircraft firmware.
3. Try to perform IMU Calibration again.
4. If the issue persists after the above methods have been tried, it is recommended that you send your unit back for further diagnosis. Please provide the SN of your unit, I will provide a further solution to you.

And this once he understood the drone works with the original battery and not the Fly More batteries.
Ok, I see, Thanks for your explanation. If so, please try to install the battery into your aircraft and refresh the firmware by DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series): https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv/downloads
If the issue persist, we recommended that you just send the battery back for further diagnosis.
2022-1-27
Use props
djiuser_NZcc1LXFqBQI
lvl.1
United States

delmore Posted at 1-27 09:00
Recalibrating the IMU failed to work last night. Here is what Tom recommended this morning on the DJI help chat.
It is recommended that :
1. Restart the DJI FPV Goggles V2, the aircraft, and the remote controller.

I'm having the same issue as well.  My FPV works great with the battery that came in the original packaging (and was inserted when I did the initial registration and firmware updates), but the additional battery I purchased will not work:  the drone powers up, but I get fast-blinking red lights (even though the battery is fully charged), and the motors will not engage.  There are no error messages on the goggles either; just the fast blinking red LED status lights on the FPV.

I replaced that battery with a new one -- figuring it might be a battery issue -- and the new battery also has the same problem.

Based on this thread, we tried re-installing the firmware on the drone using DJI Assistant 2 with the new (non-working) battery installed, which had no effect.  We then tried first downgrading the firmware on the drone using Assistant 2, then installing updated firmware on the drone using the DJI Fly app (as we normally would), all again with the problem battery installed.  However, the problem still persists.

Has anyone found a fix yet that works?  Is the problem the battery, or the drone?
2022-1-31
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

This definitely sounds like a manufacturing issue and DJI need to sort it ASAP. They should at least start to identify the range of battery serial numbers that are affected.

From everyone's description of the problem I believe the battery data is not being received by the drone. This data is sent via the three tiny gold coloured pins that you can see on the battery's connector between the two power poles. Without this data the drone will assume that there's no power in the battery and the motors will refuse to spin. I can reproduce this error condition by connecting the drone to a 22Volt power supply. By doing this the drone will power up and appear ready for flight, but because the flight controller is not receiving the battery telemetry it is impossible to arm.

This appears to be more than a few isolated incidents, there are similar reports on other social media platforms, and points to a problem with a specific production run of the batteries.
2022-2-1
Use props
delmore
lvl.1

United States

I've found the solution for this problem. At least for my particular case. First, I believe the battery data is being received by the drone. I find the battery charge level is being updated and so is the SN of the battery, which is found under the Settings menu. What I don't know is what the issue is with the failing batteries.

What I did to solve this was to return the Fly More batteries for a refund at the point of sale (Best Buy). Then I ordered another Fly More package, also from Best Buy, and I tried out those batteries last night and they worked fine. So, I'm glad to report the issue is with the batteries and not the drone. I was prepared to continue returning the failed Fly More packages as many times as needed to get a good set. Happily, a single return was sufficient.
2022-2-4
Use props
djiuser_88Sq60d4Rv4B
New

United States

Amazon purchase of 2 batteries and no-arm and rapid flashing red lights in rear.
Critical low voltage is what the code chart reads.

DJI I would hate for this bad battery trend to be a reason for customers not to purchase your product.
2022-2-6
Use props
djiuser_CTb0GAP733TR
lvl.1
Qatar

I'm facing the same problem, here's the video link https://youtube.com/shorts/tMqTqHE2ReM?feature=share
2022-2-8
Use props
djiuser_QalkH6Asx5cP
lvl.1
United States

any update on this problem??
2022-2-10
Use props
fans0043d251
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332083 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

having the exact same issue except its with the original battery which came with the drone. Got my drone 3 weeks now but unable to get motors started
2022-2-11
Use props
djiuser_1px4gnUogxZj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11637 ft
Germany

Greetings,

Same issue with my fly more combo. Initial battery pack works fine, additional two do not start the motors..
2022-2-13
Use props
djiuser_OfFSvMZI3Vfb
New

United States

2022-2-14
Use props
djiuser_OfFSvMZI3Vfb
New

United States

Hello. Is there an update or recommended action for this issue (fpv extra batteries not powering prop motors)?
2022-2-14
Use props
djiuser_lzkskLco3UY5
New

United States

Having the same issue everyone else is reporting in this thread. Original battery works fine. Fly More Combo batteries from Amazon, even though fully charge, cause the "critically low battery" error flashing red light display and rotors will not start. Exchanged for another Fly More Combo kit, and having the same problems with the replacement kit. Sounds like they need to replace a new firmware update to fix the issue, yeah? -B.
2022-2-17
Use props
delmore
lvl.1

United States

The second Fly More kit batteries were fine at first. They charged okay and I was able to start the motors and flew the aircraft with them. However, after that, one of the batteries would fail to accept a charge, so I returned the Fly More combo to Best Buy and got another one. I received this combo yesterday and both batteries accepted a charge okay, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
2022-2-17
Use props
djiuser_QUpNrdeHXOm5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8018 ft
Germany

I got the second set of batteries today. I did the update a little differently.
- Battery update in the goggles canceled.
- Cell phone then says there is an update available for the aircraft.
- Update started on cell phone.
- Drone reboots, battery is updated and drone flashes green and takes off without a problem.
Maybe this will help, since DJI is not commenting on this at the moment.
2022-2-17
Use props
fans0043d251
lvl.1
Flight distance : 332083 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

fans0043d251 Posted at 2-11 14:24
having the exact same issue except its with the original battery which came with the drone. Got my drone 3 weeks now but unable to get motors started

here is an update. I received my fly more batteries from DJI. Drone fired up and worked perfectly.
Original battery the drone came with is a dud I guess.
2022-2-17
Use props
djiuser_2OrkrNOpmCR9
New
Flight distance : 132904 ft
Ecuador

is there any solution to this problem, I have the same problem
2022-2-18
Use props
djiuser_vksAU7CR7yI7
lvl.1

United States

DJI, I am having this problem as well. My OEM battery that came with the FPV drone works fine, but the two in the Fly More package do not. This package costs $300, and it's concerning how many folks are reporting the same issue.

What is the resolution to this problem?
2022-2-18
Use props
SabreAC222
lvl.1
Flight distance : 449544 ft
Australia

I have new 6 batteries and 1 of them has this same issue.
2022-2-20
Use props
djiuser_bBPYmJwrvUHW
New

United States

Like stated before, return your batteries and get new ones and DO NOT upgrade the battery firmware. It seems like the new firmware it’s Bricking the batteries.
2022-2-21
Use props
djiuser_BpxEah9HmJA6
New

Dominican Republic

Guys I figured it out. The DJI batteries come in hybernation mode. You have to vonnect directly to the single charger in order for the battery to come oyt of that state. Must leave sevral hours conected even if it shows fully charged. Once you do thid it should stsrt working normal.
2022-2-24
Use props
djiuser_BpxEah9HmJA6
New

Dominican Republic

Guys I figured it out. The DJI batteries come in hybernation mode. You have to vonnect directly to the single charger in order for the battery to come oyt of that state. Must leave sevral hours conected even if it shows fully charged. Once you do thid it should stsrt working normal
2022-2-24
Use props
djiuser_BpxEah9HmJA6
New

Dominican Republic

delmore Posted at 2-17 09:47
The second Fly More kit batteries were fine at first. They charged okay and I was able to start the motors and flew the aircraft with them. However, after that, one of the batteries would fail to accept a charge, so I returned the Fly More combo to Best Buy and got another one. I received this combo yesterday and both batteries accepted a charge okay, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Guys I figured it out. The DJI batteries come in hybernation mode. You have to vonnect directly to the single charger in order for the battery to come oyt of that state. Must leave sevral hours conected even if it shows fully charged. Once you do thid it should stsrt working normal
2022-2-24
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules